Allen & Heath XONE K2 4 Deck Control Mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Allen & Heath XONE K2 4 Deck Control MappingReply
Allen & Heath XONE K2 4 Deck Control Mapping
Posted on: 29.10.2012 by Jesusita Capano
I've been working on this since getting my Xone K2. Mapping includes 4 deck control, 4 effect control and hot cue control via the latching layers system. Let me know what you believe, any ideas on how to improve it are welcome, hopefully it will benefit a few folks!

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

tumblr_mco527VP8e1qz97eko1_500.jpg
Jesusita Capano
Originally Posted by undoe
thanks josh, but it's your credit, i'm glad to help the others and make your template more "adoptive" for everyone. after all, the template have good ratings on traktorbible, congrats dude. send it to Allen&Heath, to try this masterpiece

i would like to add tree list browsing on left bottom enc, i really dont use 2-4 decks function at all. in browser mode, i will map left bottom enc for tree listing, its more useful for me.
Taken your advice and changed the bottom two encoders to be tree and browser control in the .zip on traktorbible and edited my layouts to be ABCD and CABD
Jesusita Capano
Josh, i did my homework here's my CABD template based on your mappings.

Everythings is same as yours, except the order of decks and fx units CABD - 3124.

you should try it and see is everythings work like yours...

Attachment 15459
Will check this soon, anyone else manage to try it? If not I'll include it in my pack and credit you with your help if thats okay undoe?
Tammera Panameno
Originally Posted by ohmyjosh
I've been working on this since getting my Xone K2. Mapping includes 4 deck control, 4 effect control and hot cue control via the latching layers system. Let me know what you believe, any ideas on how to improve it are welcome, hopefully it will benefit a few folks!

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

Everythings is same as yours, except the order of decks and fx units CABD - 3124.

K2 CABD 4D4FX 3124.tsi
Richelle Planchon
Hi Josh, I've been using your mapping. Great Job...
Anyway, it is perfect also if you make the mapping to be Deck AC-BD mode and FX 1,3 & 2,4.
And the section FX, the dry-wet and FXON should not combine to one.

Thanks,
IXAN

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

Jesusita Capano

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

Jutta Benzer
Sorry for my stupid question but for headphones listening for individual channel and low mid hight ? You use in external mixer using one channel ? (Traktor)
Tammera Panameno
great job josh.

what mixer do you use with k2? is it midi?
Jesusita Capano
thanks josh, but it's your credit, i'm glad to help the others and make your template more "adoptive" for everyone. after all, the template have good ratings on traktorbible, congrats dude. send it to Allen&Heath, to try this masterpiece

i would like to add tree list browsing on left bottom enc, i really dont use 2-4 decks function at all. in browser mode, i will map left bottom enc for tree listing, its more useful for me.
Taken your advice and changed the bottom two encoders to be tree and browser control in the .zip on traktorbible and edited my layouts to be ABCD and CABD
Tammera Panameno

Jesusita Capano

Attachment 15459
Will check this soon, anyone else manage to try it? If not I'll include it in my pack and credit you with your help if thats okay undoe?
Jesusita Capano
Hi guys, made a new layout for those who prefer ACDB and it's up here now: http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=564

@iona I'll take that into account as I keep editing the mapping. I personally don't use preview mode but the tree idea is a good one. Should'nt be too hard to do yourself with traktors learn function if you want to? If not I can customise it for you.
Arturo Harbuck
Good work even it fits not my needs. A few thoughts:
- not using latching layers would give you more flexibility for future enhancements (but mapping everything w/o latching layers is a pain in the ass, since you can't use the learn function for led outputs)
- different browsing function: left encoder browse in tree; right encoder in list; push right encoder loads track in preview and the function changes to browsing in track; another push on the encoder leaves the preview mode
Tammera Panameno

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

K2 CABD 4D4FX 3124.tsi
Richelle Planchon
Hi Josh, I've been using your mapping. Great Job...
Anyway, it is perfect also if you make the mapping to be Deck AC-BD mode and FX 1,3 & 2,4.
And the section FX, the dry-wet and FXON should not combine to one.

Thanks,
IXAN

A&H Xone K2 4 Decks.zip

Tammera Panameno
no problem dude, thank you for this. excited to try CABD template

best regards.

doe
Jesusita Capano
I'm going to look into using some mapping software which could save me some time hopefully, rather than changing everything in Traktor. But I don't mind doing it manually as I know my way round the mapping really well now and it shouldn't take me all that long.

Thanks for the compliment, I tried to make it as useful for me as possible so I'm glad it's working well for you!
Tammera Panameno
Ill try, but it goes really slow, i will finish it until next year are you going to do it manually or with software like Xtreme or something?

I am really thankful to you for doing this. I just thought there are lots of people who uses the "other form" and it would be good to make one mapping for them. Really, im not kidding you, this map is AWESOME!.
Jesusita Capano
It's definitely possible (if you can get your head around the way my mapping works!). I'll have some time on my hands next week so will try and sort it out as you've suggested and upload another version version asap.
Tammera Panameno
it is too perfect to do anything with it BUT (everything has its BUT), one thing could be done with it: If you can, or explain me how to change the order of decks ABCD, and FX 1234. I use CABD template on my 4ch mixer, and its not big deal, but it would be more "synced" in my order of knobs and faders.

The second option would be:
DECKS FX
CABD - 3124

There is no changing of map just replacing channels.

Is it possible?
Jesusita Capano
Good idea, don't know why I didn't remember to do that! Let me know any ideas for improving the mapping or any changes you make, would love to hear back!

EDIT: Uploaded to traktor bible at http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=564
Tammera Panameno
this is what i've been looking for, thanks very much dude. you should upload it to traktorbible.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy