Colored LED Feedbback for Cuepoints on Maschine MKII

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Colored LED Feedbback for Cuepoints on Maschine MKIIReply
Colored LED Feedbback for Cuepoints on Maschine MKII
Posted on: 29.11.2012 by Joannie Brague
Hi guys,

I'm working on a mapping for the Maschine MKII and I am trying to map my cue points so that if a Loop or any other cuepoint type is loaded it gives you the color feedback for that pad.

You can change the Pad colors in Control editor but I'd like for them to give me feedback based on what the cue point types are when you load a track.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this isn't locked into the NHL protocol.

Best,
Priscilla
Joannie Brague
Thanks for the reply stewe.

The problem is that in the Maschine Controller Editor Preferences (The standalone app not the controller manager in Traktor) There is a slot where you can designate the color and this overrides anything that is done within Traktor. There is an option to set the Midi In for HSB which according to the manual means that all midi feedback is handled by the host software (i.e. Traktor). When I click on HSB though I loose all Midi Out capabilities, in other words nothing I map to that pad works; no led feedback at all.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I've attached screengrabs as well.

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 11.52.17 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-30 at 11.52.24 AM.jpg
Joannie Brague
Hi guys,

I'm working on a mapping for the Maschine MKII and I am trying to map my cue points so that if a Loop or any other cuepoint type is loaded it gives you the color feedback for that pad.

You can change the Pad colors in Control editor but I'd like for them to give me feedback based on what the cue point types are when you load a track.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this isn't locked into the NHL protocol.

Best,
Priscilla
Caryn Liberato
Check the link for some answers on this topic

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=187269&page=2

So there is a solution but my god the thought of the hi volume commands to get all the cells to work like an f1 is frightening!
Oralee Zaber
Working on the same issue on my Kontrol F1 ... spent hours on it without any positive result.
Caryn Liberato
Bump

Anyone made progress on this? Spent the day wanting to kill the controller editor, now rmx decks are proper map friendly I'm sure there'll be plenty others out there who wanna turn there mk2 Maschine into a giant f1. There must be a solution to gain software mappable access to those rgb pads!?
Talia Riggar
check this vid out, I've tried ... but still no luck

Corrie Galway
I was also trying to get this to work a while ago with out any luck. Have you made any progress? On an old video I saw DJ shiftee had yellow, blue, and green led feedback on his hotcue's so im assuming there's a way to do it. I opted to just set Both A + B Hotcue 1 pads (I always make them the load markers) permanently as yellow and all the others as blue.
Yuko Armacost
How goes this project?
Joannie Brague
Thanks for the reply stewe.

The problem is that in the Maschine Controller Editor Preferences (The standalone app not the controller manager in Traktor) There is a slot where you can designate the color and this overrides anything that is done within Traktor. There is an option to set the Midi In for HSB which according to the manual means that all midi feedback is handled by the host software (i.e. Traktor). When I click on HSB though I loose all Midi Out capabilities, in other words nothing I map to that pad works; no led feedback at all.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I've attached screengrabs as well.

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 11.52.17 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-30 at 11.52.24 AM.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Hey Priscilla,

If that isn't locked up you should be able to set cue LED behavior from controller range. Should be like:

min: -1
max: 5

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy