TouchOSC Mapping

TouchOSC Mapping
Posted on: 27.06.2013 by Delinda Canant
I'm having issues with my TouchOSC iPad Mapping AND templates I choose to use.

What is happening, usually only with knobs and faders, is that one control will decide it wants to control other knobs and faders too. For example, adjusting the Mid Eq on Deck B, will decrease the volume on Deck A, and sometimes affect the crossfader too. The most I have had is 3 at a time off of one control.

So, I decided I would make my own layout to bypass this problem. I gave each control it's own midi #, and proceeded to map out my fresh Touch OSC creation. I was super psyched!

Then I started jamming, and same issue. Some knobs/faders like to control more than one knob/fader at a time, when mapped to only one fader.

I hope I accurately described the problem I am having. Someone please help! I can explain more if need be!
Delinda Canant
I'm having issues with my TouchOSC iPad Mapping AND templates I choose to use.

What is happening, usually only with knobs and faders, is that one control will decide it wants to control other knobs and faders too. For example, adjusting the Mid Eq on Deck B, will decrease the volume on Deck A, and sometimes affect the crossfader too. The most I have had is 3 at a time off of one control.

So, I decided I would make my own layout to bypass this problem. I gave each control it's own midi #, and proceeded to map out my fresh Touch OSC creation. I was super psyched!

Then I started jamming, and same issue. Some knobs/faders like to control more than one knob/fader at a time, when mapped to only one fader.

I hope I accurately described the problem I am having. Someone please help! I can explain more if need be!
Delinda Canant
Bump

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I could find an answer to this?

...in the meantime, I'll keep experimenting. If I find a solution, I'll try to remember to post it here, as I read others are having similar problems.
Sonny Margason
Are you sure that you assigned diferent midi numbers for each control?

Are you using Traktor software? If yes, go to control manager and select the iPad device that you have mapped. See if there is no control that have the same channel and number of other control. If there are 2 controls assigned to the same channel and number and you select one of them, the other will be also selected...

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy