Question on mappings for Traktor 2

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Question on mappings for Traktor 2Reply
Question on mappings for Traktor 2
Posted on: 09.06.2013 by Pablo Salgat
Hey everyone! I'm MissRayvin, I'm new to this community and to DJ stuff in general and I had a question... I recently acquired a copy of Traktor 2 and a Razer Hydra and I was looking around on the official sixense community s for how to set traktor up to work with my hydra since I've seen a couple videos that prove it can be done but I found the threads I looked at to be severly lacking in information. And if that weren't enough, they also seem a bit dead too which is very disapointing. Anyway, my question is as follows:

In the setup guide thread, there was mention of a .tsi file that I needed to load into traktor, but I can't find it anywhere. What does a .tsi file do exactly and why would one be needed?

If you need any additional info, just let me know and I'll update this post with it.

Thanks in advance! <3

MissRayvin
Armando Waithour
it
Armando Waithour
so you will be the first to map a tsi for the hydra.

first steps.

-plug the hydra, open the app to translate into midi. then fire up traktor.
-go into preferences and select CONTROLLER MANAGER

on the right are 5 sections
-DEVICE SETUP
-ASSIGNMENT TABLE
-DEVICE MAPPING
-MAPPING DETAILS
-FADER/KNOB

Start in DEVICE SETUP
-click add > generic midi
-set in- & out-port to your hydra
Armando Waithour
the tsi-file can be imported/changed in traktor
Armando Waithour
it
Armando Waithour

first steps.

-DEVICE SETUP
-ASSIGNMENT TABLE
-DEVICE MAPPING
-MAPPING DETAILS
-FADER/KNOB

Start in DEVICE SETUP
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
it
Kellie Myrum
Ok, so lets take it step by step.

Originally Posted by MissRayvin
How do I map Ltrig + Rtrig + Right controller = crossfade?
I recently discovered how modifiers work and I'm not 100% sure how they do work so if there's a link to a page somewhere with in depth info on this I believe it would help greatly.

Could you please elaborate this a bit?

Basically you want to use two trigger buttons to adjust the x-fader by increments and to use a little joystick for smooth control?
Armando Waithour

first steps.

-DEVICE SETUP
-ASSIGNMENT TABLE
-DEVICE MAPPING
-MAPPING DETAILS
-FADER/KNOB

Start in DEVICE SETUP
Armando Waithour
Pablo Salgat
Hey everyone! I'm MissRayvin, I'm new to this community and to DJ stuff in general and I had a question... I recently acquired a copy of Traktor 2 and a Razer Hydra and I was looking around on the official sixense community s for how to set traktor up to work with my hydra since I've seen a couple videos that prove it can be done but I found the threads I looked at to be severly lacking in information. And if that weren't enough, they also seem a bit dead too which is very disapointing. Anyway, my question is as follows:

In the setup guide thread, there was mention of a .tsi file that I needed to load into traktor, but I can't find it anywhere. What does a .tsi file do exactly and why would one be needed?

If you need any additional info, just let me know and I'll update this post with it.

Thanks in advance! <3

MissRayvin
Pablo Salgat
Just wanted to let people know I've edited my post with additional information via red text. Going to start reading up on those links tomorrow so I'll let you guys know if I make any more headway with the mapping. : )

MissRayvin

EDIT: The guy in the video finally reuploaded the .tsi file so I'm going to test it out now.
Armando Waithour
it
Kellie Myrum
Ok, so lets take it step by step.

Originally Posted by MissRayvin
I recently discovered how modifiers work and I'm not 100% sure how they do work so if there's a link to a page somewhere with in depth info on this I believe it would help greatly.

Could you please elaborate this a bit?

Basically you want to use two trigger buttons to adjust the x-fader by increments and to use a little joystick for smooth control?
Pablo Salgat
As it turns out, I do have some specific questions lol...

in the video I will post a link to at the end of this post, at 2:00 minutes, 3:00 and 3:42 the controls shown I have not been able to map so far but everything else is mapped and working as expected. My specific questions are:

As Consul stated, the way I want it to work is when I hold down both triggers and move the right controller horizontally, the crossfader moves.

How do I map the hot cue functions shown in the video?
I don't quite understand how one button can be mapped to do so many different things

Which functions do I use to map the loop commands?
There are a few and I'm confused about which ones are used.

Thanks for the replies and the support! As soon as I'm finished making sure my mapping works I'll be ready to post it and give a list of what's mapped where.

Here's a link to some pictures of the hydra and all it's buttons. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page. Keep in mind that both thumbsticks act like the ones on an xbox 360 controller so they can be pressed like buttons.
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-hydra

I actually cannot map left and right movement seperately, as the program that converts the hydra's movements and button presses to midi signals sends x/y/z movement in 1 signal for all axes so instead of x+ and x-, there's just x. Thanks for the links and such, I will take a look closer look later as I'm a bit busy today.
<3
Miss Rayvin
Here's the link
Kellie Myrum
MissRayvin,

Happy mapping! If you run into any mapping issue feel free to post some specific questions.

Welcome to community s.
Pablo Salgat
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check it out when I go to do my mapping and I'll be sure to post it here once it's ready : )

<3
MissRayvin
Armando Waithour

first steps.

-DEVICE SETUP
-ASSIGNMENT TABLE
-DEVICE MAPPING
-MAPPING DETAILS
-FADER/KNOB

Start in DEVICE SETUP
Pablo Salgat
I do have a program to translate the hydra's functions to midi, and as far as I can tell the only thing I'm actually lacking in order for this to work is the .tsi file... I did a search in this section of the community before posting this thread and didn't find any mention of a tsi file. I've even searched google and come up with nothing. At this point I believe I'll just have to watch tutorial videos on mapping and try to go from there.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it : )

MissRayvin
Armando Waithour

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy