help with mapping tempo reset in traktor scratch

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: help with mapping tempo reset in traktor scratchReply
help with mapping tempo reset in traktor scratch
Posted on: 02.07.2013 by Lorri Bobar
hey can someone help me with the last piece of the puzzle for a scratch mapping. I want to map a tempo reset in traktor scratch w/ DVS. i don't know how to explain it so i'll just list the repro steps, hope you can help:

- play for example a slow song on turntable, lets say it is 80bpm (no sync/master)
- put your master tempo up to 140bpm
- if you press sync on the turntable deck, the bpm goes to 140bpm
- if you unsync, it stays at 140bpm and locks it
- the tempo fader on the turntable doesn't do anything, quartz lock doesn't help it go back down to 80bpm - maybe cos i'm stuck with +/-8% on the TT.
- in the software, there is a 'reset' button underneath the tempo fader once u hover over it, and clicking that does what i want. -- how do i map this function?

'tempo adjust': reset doesn't work. is it called something else?

the only solution i can get to work is to switch the turntable to absolute then back to relative, which is annoying cos depending on how you cue the track, this can jump thru the track's position.

any ideas? thanks dudes
Lorri Bobar
hey can someone help me with the last piece of the puzzle for a scratch mapping. I want to map a tempo reset in traktor scratch w/ DVS. i don't know how to explain it so i'll just list the repro steps, hope you can help:

- play for example a slow song on turntable, lets say it is 80bpm (no sync/master)
- put your master tempo up to 140bpm
- if you press sync on the turntable deck, the bpm goes to 140bpm
- if you unsync, it stays at 140bpm and locks it
- the tempo fader on the turntable doesn't do anything, quartz lock doesn't help it go back down to 80bpm - maybe cos i'm stuck with +/-8% on the TT.
- in the software, there is a 'reset' button underneath the tempo fader once u hover over it, and clicking that does what i want. -- how do i map this function?

'tempo adjust': reset doesn't work. is it called something else?

the only solution i can get to work is to switch the turntable to absolute then back to relative, which is annoying cos depending on how you cue the track, this can jump thru the track's position.

any ideas? thanks dudes
Lorri Bobar
ok i figured it out!

just in case anyone needs to know, the command is not tempo adjust > reset
it is under deck > timecode > reset tempo adjust and is a trigger
Kellie Myrum
Yeah, keep posted mate.
Lorri Bobar
i'll give that a go toevening and report back, thanks stewe
Kellie Myrum
Would tempo adjust / button-direct / value=0.000 do the trick?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy