Calling All the Midi Mappers Magician out there!

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Calling All the Midi Mappers Magician out there!Reply
Calling All the Midi Mappers Magician out there!
Posted on: 03.07.2013 by Roseanna Hascall
Hi all,

I am about to developing an ableton live set that will allow me to remix and create new improvisations/tunes on the fly using an apc20 and possibly (will see how it goes) a ddm4000 with great flexibility which I havent seen around yet (no need to look up the screen, up to 500 tunes could be played with no issues or limitation).

Now,

I am kind of a geek and would like to have some more in depth flexibility on my set so i don't have to switch to another system or completely upgrade it in the future, I want something that will allow me to do anything possible and i am nearly there.

Right now, I am kind of stuck in two points and because I am working I can't really spend too much time believeing on how to do it.

So here are the two issues I am encountering:
1) I need some sort of modifiers like in traktor, so with one single button I can switch between different effects (M1.0 M1.1 and so on) (i guess you know the trick...if you don't let me know...it's pretty useful in traktor)

2) Do you have any ideas on how can I consolidate even better my mixes in case I have something like 500 songs and completely different sounds (apart from odd reverb effect or mix in key)? Let's say I chopped two songs in 5 different parts and would like to have a sort of live mashup...how would you go to not give the perception to the listener that it's a mashup?
I like the Minus style of mixing as you can't really tell when a song start/end. So the entire set is robust! I wish I could get the same final effect.

Hope you could understand what I meant and find solution for it,

The set I am developing it's pretty interesting and as soon as I have a beta version I will share a video or mix with the web.

Cheers

Calvin
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by Stewe
I'm not Ableton expert but if I remember correctly I saw Mad Zach's tutorial where he mapped this stuff.

Enable MIDI > Hold one button and while holding it press and hold other > MIDI off > release both buttons.

The button you have assigned first should act as shift state for the secondary assignment.

Let me know if this works since I'm not completely sure about this.
thought this was about "momentary" buttons, but wasn
Armando Waithour
I'm not Ableton expert but if I remember correctly I saw Mad Zach's tutorial where he mapped this stuff.

Enable MIDI > Hold one button and while holding it press and hold other > MIDI off > release both buttons.

The button you have assigned first should act as shift state for the secondary assignment.

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Roseanna Hascall
Hi all,

I am about to developing an ableton live set that will allow me to remix and create new improvisations/tunes on the fly using an apc20 and possibly (will see how it goes) a ddm4000 with great flexibility which I havent seen around yet (no need to look up the screen, up to 500 tunes could be played with no issues or limitation).

Now,

I am kind of a geek and would like to have some more in depth flexibility on my set so i don't have to switch to another system or completely upgrade it in the future, I want something that will allow me to do anything possible and i am nearly there.

Right now, I am kind of stuck in two points and because I am working I can't really spend too much time believeing on how to do it.

So here are the two issues I am encountering:
1) I need some sort of modifiers like in traktor, so with one single button I can switch between different effects (M1.0 M1.1 and so on) (i guess you know the trick...if you don't let me know...it's pretty useful in traktor)

2) Do you have any ideas on how can I consolidate even better my mixes in case I have something like 500 songs and completely different sounds (apart from odd reverb effect or mix in key)? Let's say I chopped two songs in 5 different parts and would like to have a sort of live mashup...how would you go to not give the perception to the listener that it's a mashup?
I like the Minus style of mixing as you can't really tell when a song start/end. So the entire set is robust! I wish I could get the same final effect.

Hope you could understand what I meant and find solution for it,

The set I am developing it's pretty interesting and as soon as I have a beta version I will share a video or mix with the web.

Cheers

Calvin
Armando Waithour

Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy