DDM 4000 Midi Mapping Question.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: DDM 4000 Midi Mapping Question.Reply
DDM 4000 Midi Mapping Question.
Posted on: 02.07.2013 by Lou Geopfert
I have used my DDM 4000 with some CDJ-1000MK3s for a while now but I now am stuck with just the mixer itself and started using it as a controller. I got so far as to properly use a really fun and intuitive mapping for it (DDM 4000 - TRAKTOR PRO INTERNAL MIX - 2 DECKS (v 1 by Iceman the Dj) found at traktorbible.com) but am running into some difficulty with my PFL buttons on channel 2 and 3(which control deck's A and B respectively).

In the mapping it lists the control as "Monitor Cue On" and the I/O as In and Out for the obvious uses, with Ch1.Note.C#5 and Ch1.Note.B5 as the mapping. These do correspond to the correct values for 73 and 83 in the note selection (with CC 73 and CC 83 being listed as the mapping for the "out" on the Monitor Cue On). I have tried changing these mappings to see if it was an issue with the way the mapping was designed but it appears that the issue may solely rest on the PFL buttons themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hitting "Learn" then pressing a button should have Traktor recognize button being pressed and assign it to that mapping, right? This worked even changing the channel fader to control the Monitor Cue On for each channel.

As of now I just change my layout view and manually select the monitor cue with my mouse pad and that works but I would much prefer using the PFL buttons designated for it on the mixer. I have searched a while for help on this and it is possible I overlooked something but I feel like I've exhausted a lot of searches on different community s and the issue was always with using the DDM as a controller WHILE running other turntables/cdjs through different channels as well.

Thanks for the help! I do admit I'm new to the mapping of traktor and if the issue is a simple fix I really appreciate your assistance.

Is it possible my PFL buttons are just not responding properly? Is there a way to test if they are sending proper information when pressed?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Levant
Is it possible my PFL buttons are just not responding properly? Is there a way to test if they are sending proper information when pressed?
Your buttons should send note ON (press) and note OFF (release). You can convince by checking master section of the traktor screen where little blue dot should appear when each note was sent.

It currently sounds like you've done what you should to properly re-map this buttons which leads me to thing it is some hardware issue.

Try mapping this CUE buttons to your keyboard to make sure that your mappings are correct. Also contact the author of the mapping to let him know about your issue and see if he can confirm it.

Luck!
Lou Geopfert
I have used my DDM 4000 with some CDJ-1000MK3s for a while now but I now am stuck with just the mixer itself and started using it as a controller. I got so far as to properly use a really fun and intuitive mapping for it (DDM 4000 - TRAKTOR PRO INTERNAL MIX - 2 DECKS (v 1 by Iceman the Dj) found at traktorbible.com) but am running into some difficulty with my PFL buttons on channel 2 and 3(which control deck's A and B respectively).

In the mapping it lists the control as "Monitor Cue On" and the I/O as In and Out for the obvious uses, with Ch1.Note.C#5 and Ch1.Note.B5 as the mapping. These do correspond to the correct values for 73 and 83 in the note selection (with CC 73 and CC 83 being listed as the mapping for the "out" on the Monitor Cue On). I have tried changing these mappings to see if it was an issue with the way the mapping was designed but it appears that the issue may solely rest on the PFL buttons themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hitting "Learn" then pressing a button should have Traktor recognize button being pressed and assign it to that mapping, right? This worked even changing the channel fader to control the Monitor Cue On for each channel.

As of now I just change my layout view and manually select the monitor cue with my mouse pad and that works but I would much prefer using the PFL buttons designated for it on the mixer. I have searched a while for help on this and it is possible I overlooked something but I feel like I've exhausted a lot of searches on different community s and the issue was always with using the DDM as a controller WHILE running other turntables/cdjs through different channels as well.

Thanks for the help! I do admit I'm new to the mapping of traktor and if the issue is a simple fix I really appreciate your assistance.

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Levant
Your buttons should send note ON (press) and note OFF (release). You can convince by checking master section of the traktor screen where little blue dot should appear when each note was sent.

It currently sounds like you've done what you should to properly re-map this buttons which leads me to thing it is some hardware issue.

Try mapping this CUE buttons to your keyboard to make sure that your mappings are correct. Also contact the author of the mapping to let him know about your issue and see if he can confirm it.

Luck!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy