[Feedback/Testers] Launchpad Remix Deck Mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: [Feedback/Testers] Launchpad Remix Deck MappingReply
[Feedback/Testers] Launchpad Remix Deck Mapping
Posted on: 29.06.2013 by Wenona Murro
Hey guys I'm looking for your input to finish the Novation Launchpad Remix Deck mapping for TRAKTOR. Its pretty much done for Deck C but I would love to get your opinons on ways to improve before I mirror the controls for Deck D. Take a look at the video and download the mapping file below. I appreciate all input. Thanks!

Download - JWiLL RemixPad v.5b
Nana Mohs
Originally Posted by jhyphinwill
Here is the latest build. JWiLL RemixPad v.75b I Finished off Deck D. I am currently using 2 mappings until XtremeMapping is updated. I will then merge both together as one.

My goal is to make it as clean , and user friendly as possible. I don't want to over complicate it with pages and functions that make you refer to the button layout every time you use it. With that in mind if you feel a "must have" Remix Deck function is missing let me know. I appreciate the feedback!
I can't wait to test this out! Thanks so much!
I've been wanting to map my LP to the remix decks, but haven't had the time (drive)
I'll be testing this out toevening
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by DigitallDJ
Hi, as a long time user of your fx mappings for the LP, I am really excited to see this great mapping.

Ideas for the spare buttons - a toggle between loop / single shot would be good, quantise and sync (as I don't always want them on), or a filter control similar to volume?
Also, is there any way to add this to a second page of the LP so I can keep my existing fx mapping and toggle between the two?
Thanks for your hard work
Thanks for the feedback!

I believe I will be implementing the the functions below to the 3 unused pads.

-Trigger Type One-Shoot/Loop
-Play/Pause
-Sync

As far as adding the second page that may be something I look at adding in the future, but this mapping will only focus on Remix Deck C & D control.

Originally Posted by Stewe
Anyone finds Cell Del Mod acting buggy?

It's like the interaction stays at direct even if it's originally set to hold. However it worked perfectly for last few days...

I triple checked my mapping tho.
I haven't really noticed this, but I have found a different bug and pretty sure its not with my mapping. The bug happens when multiple pads in the same slot are pressed at the same time or in a quickly right after one another. One pad will go solid and play and the other pad that is considered to be "waiting" only it never plays and will continue to flash only to stop if you press this pad. Anyone else seeing this or have the LED's mapped differently?

The outputs I am using for a single pad LED are:

Beat Phase - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" = Waiting
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Loaded
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Empty
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Playing

Originally Posted by Michielygil
It looks great, can't wait to try it toevening after work! I was working on a mapping on my own, but takes the same idea, but of course works it out way better than I ever could.

I notice a lot of pages though with a lot of midi out changes. For some reason, my traktor ends up with some audio distortion (windows laptop). Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Hoping it doesn't work out that way with this mapping
There is quite a bit of LED feedback with is very useful and pretty much necessary to understand what is happening. The issue tends to be with the USB port drawing too much power away from your computer. Try using a powered USB hub this was known to help with my other mappings and windows computers. Here is one that I currently use in my modular setup not a single hiccup
Adrian Ringman
Thanks for checking it out guys! Blessings from two of the best in the game. :D

I do have 3 open pads on the left side. Any ideas for what these could be used for. I was believeing deck view, play/pause, and sync but didnt want to waste the real estate if there were more valuable remix deck controls.

Hi, I am so excited to see this mapping and particularly pleased that you have done it as I have been using your instant grat mapping for years and love it,.
As for spare slots,,how about a toggle between loop and one shot, , and maybe the filter?
Also is there any way to get this on a second page so I can maintain the current mapping?
Keep up the good work x
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by Patch
When it comes to mappings, Stewe is head, shoulders and hat above me, mate!

I assume the four arrow buttons (bottom left on your LP), and the top SHIFT button are common (will be common) across Deck C & D?

I'm very impressed with what you've done here. The fact that you've got all of this functionality on a single page of the LP (with a few buttons left over!) is awesome stuff.

Yes indeed those buttons will be shared on both C & D. There is a small bug with the volume/mute/keylock etc. page being that only one of the slots can be adjusted at a time, since they share the same modifier. For me its that big of an issue though.
Wenona Murro
This looks absolutely brilliant!

Nice work, mate.

Agreed, you have it pretty much all covered.

Nice mapping
Thanks for checking it out guys! Blessings from two of the best in the game.

I do have 3 open pads on the left side. Any ideas for what these could be used for. I was believeing deck view, play/pause, and sync but didnt want to waste the real estate if there were more valuable remix deck controls.
Wenona Murro
Hey guys I'm looking for your input to finish the Novation Launchpad Remix Deck mapping for TRAKTOR. Its pretty much done for Deck C but I would love to get your opinons on ways to improve before I mirror the controls for Deck D. Take a look at the video and download the mapping file below. I appreciate all input. Thanks!

Download - JWiLL RemixPad v.5b
Nana Mohs
Here is the latest build. JWiLL RemixPad v.75b I Finished off Deck D. I am currently using 2 mappings until XtremeMapping is updated. I will then merge both together as one.

My goal is to make it as clean , and user friendly as possible. I don't want to over complicate it with pages and functions that make you refer to the button layout every time you use it. With that in mind if you feel a "must have" Remix Deck function is missing let me know. I appreciate the feedback!
I can't wait to test this out! Thanks so much!
I've been wanting to map my LP to the remix decks, but haven't had the time (drive)
I'll be testing this out toevening
Wenona Murro

Peter Bitting
Thank you so much for this.

I can't wait to try it out.

my request is whether there is any flexibility in the colors of the pads used.

Like many others I am color blind, and the LP pads are not great for this. In ableton i have found work arounds using bright/dim colors, would something similar be possible with this mapping? I'll let you know if specific pads are problematic. Thanks again.
Corey Tronchin
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this doesn't solve it I was working on a mapping forcing me to use only page and I guess I have to stick to that. So shitty it acts like that.
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by DigitallDJ
Hi, as a long time user of your fx mappings for the LP, I am really excited to see this great mapping.

Ideas for the spare buttons - a toggle between loop / single shot would be good, quantise and sync (as I don't always want them on), or a filter control similar to volume?
Also, is there any way to add this to a second page of the LP so I can keep my existing fx mapping and toggle between the two?
Thanks for the feedback!

I believe I will be implementing the the functions below to the 3 unused pads.

-Trigger Type One-Shoot/Loop
-Play/Pause
-Sync

As far as adding the second page that may be something I look at adding in the future, but this mapping will only focus on Remix Deck C & D control.

It's like the interaction stays at direct even if it's originally set to hold. However it worked perfectly for last few days...

I haven't really noticed this, but I have found a different bug and pretty sure its not with my mapping. The bug happens when multiple pads in the same slot are pressed at the same time or in a quickly right after one another. One pad will go solid and play and the other pad that is considered to be "waiting" only it never plays and will continue to flash only to stop if you press this pad. Anyone else seeing this or have the LED's mapped differently?

The outputs I am using for a single pad LED are:

Beat Phase - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" = Waiting
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Loaded
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Empty
Slot 1 Cell 1 State - Modifier Condition: Slot "1" Cell "1" State. Remix Deck "C" Playing

Originally Posted by Michielygil
It looks great, can't wait to try it toevening after work! I was working on a mapping on my own, but takes the same idea, but of course works it out way better than I ever could.

I notice a lot of pages though with a lot of midi out changes. For some reason, my traktor ends up with some audio distortion (windows laptop). Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

There is quite a bit of LED feedback with is very useful and pretty much necessary to understand what is happening. The issue tends to be with the USB port drawing too much power away from your computer. Try using a powered USB hub this was known to help with my other mappings and windows computers. Here is one that I currently use in my modular setup not a single hiccup
Corey Tronchin

Kellie Myrum

Adrian Ringman

Adrian Ringman
Thanks for checking it out guys! Blessings from two of the best in the game. :D

Hi, I am so excited to see this mapping and particularly pleased that you have done it as I have been using your instant grat mapping for years and love it,.
As for spare slots,,how about a toggle between loop and one shot, , and maybe the filter?
Also is there any way to get this on a second page so I can maintain the current mapping?
Keep up the good work x
Wenona Murro

I assume the four arrow buttons (bottom left on your LP), and the top SHIFT button are common (will be common) across Deck C & D?

I'm very impressed with what you've done here. The fact that you've got all of this functionality on a single page of the LP (with a few buttons left over!) is awesome stuff.

Yes indeed those buttons will be shared on both C & D. There is a small bug with the volume/mute/keylock etc. page being that only one of the slots can be adjusted at a time, since they share the same modifier. For me its that big of an issue though.
Brunilda Kora
Blessings from two of the best in the game.

Wenona Murro

Nice work, mate.

Nice mapping
Thanks for checking it out guys! Blessings from two of the best in the game.

Kellie Myrum

Nice mapping
Brunilda Kora

Nice work, mate.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy