How to assign FX in Virtual DJ

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: How to assign FX in Virtual DJReply
How to assign FX in Virtual DJ
Posted on: 16.07.2013 by Genoveva Walber
Hi I'm pretty new to DJing and I'm using Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 decks and Virtual DJ at the moment. I have been playing around with Virtual DJ (Full Version) and I can't seem to figure out how to change which effects my 3 FX buttons do on my controller.
I've tried playing with the VBScript a little in the mapping but to be honest I don't really know much about it either, I've tried looking around to see if theres a way of setting which effect a button uses but I can't find it and the internet doesn't seem to know either ha.

Currently I'm stuck with backspin and brake assigned and that just won't do haha.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Genoveva Walber
Hi I'm pretty new to DJing and I'm using Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 decks and Virtual DJ at the moment. I have been playing around with Virtual DJ (Full Version) and I can't seem to figure out how to change which effects my 3 FX buttons do on my controller.
I've tried playing with the VBScript a little in the mapping but to be honest I don't really know much about it either, I've tried looking around to see if theres a way of setting which effect a button uses but I can't find it and the internet doesn't seem to know either ha.

Currently I'm stuck with backspin and brake assigned and that just won't do haha.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Genoveva Walber
Thankyou very much this has been so much help don't believe I'd have figured it out otherwise.
Was not expecting such a awesome answer ha, cheers.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you can do some pretty great things with VDJ Script, but to start with the basics for a button.

If all you want to do is control an effect you have two ways to go about it.

The first way is to reference the slot number the effect is loaded into, this is the easiest and most flexible way as you can freely change the loaded effect. that is simply

effect 1 active

if you only want the button/knob/slider/encoder to control a single effect you can reference it by name eg.

effect 'effectName' active

To give you a bit more control you can assign the command to operate only while you have the button pressed down, then return to the previous state once released. that is simply

effect 'effectName' active while_pressed

If you wan't to make macro's that control more than one slider/effect/control on a single press you can combine commands with the '&' operator eg.

effect 1 active & effect 2 active

if you want to control the pressing and releasing of a button differently so it doesn't go back to the initial condition you can use

down ? action when pressed : action when released

if you decide that you want to go a little mapping crazy you can make parameters increment or decrement at a pre defined interval for as long as you hold the button

repeat 50ms & down ? effect 1 active on & effect 1 slider 1 +1% : effect 1 active off & effect 1 slider 1 0%

You are not limited to just what you see on the skin either, if you want to run 20 effects that's fine you just need to reference them through their name's instead of slots. And they will all run in a chain in the order they were activated so you can for instance run a filter and then an echo on top so you get a really nice white sounding trail.

The only issue is that a lot of the VDJ effects are pretty crap so you really need to be using a window's computer to take advantage of VST's.

That is a little glimpse into what you can do, if you have any questions I'm a bit of a mapping nerd and happy to help, there is also the VDJ wiki if you want to know everything you can control through VDJScript.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy