VCI-400 Vinyl mode sounds distorded when trying scratch

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: VCI-400 Vinyl mode sounds distorded when trying scratchReply
VCI-400 Vinyl mode sounds distorded when trying scratch
Posted on: 20.08.2012 by Julian Ispas
Hi, i just got my VCI-400 and im building my own mapping from scratch *yes every button, knob, and fader*

so when it comes to map the jog wheels, i just do my the regular "jog touch"

so the track stops when i touch the jog wheel and scratch by moving the jog wheel back and forth....it does scratch HOWEVER the sound is distorted abit. It's not clear like it is suppose to be.

so when i use the mouse to hold the track and move it back and forth (thats scratching with the mouse) the sound is nice and clear.

so for the heck of it i downloaded a mapping from someone else....and that mapping produce nice and clear sound.

what am i doing wrong with my mapping?

HELP
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DJ Abide
You'd also need to map Jog Turn to the wheels as well.
^This^

Add in Jog turn for both (banding and scratching) just set different sensitivity.
Julian Ispas
Hi, i just got my VCI-400 and im building my own mapping from scratch *yes every button, knob, and fader*

so when it comes to map the jog wheels, i just do my the regular "jog touch"

so the track stops when i touch the jog wheel and scratch by moving the jog wheel back and forth....it does scratch HOWEVER the sound is distorted abit. It's not clear like it is suppose to be.

so when i use the mouse to hold the track and move it back and forth (thats scratching with the mouse) the sound is nice and clear.

so for the heck of it i downloaded a mapping from someone else....and that mapping produce nice and clear sound.

what am i doing wrong with my mapping?

HELP
Felisha Posten
Make sure you have your keylock is set to "scratch" instead of "normal" The setting is located under: options>transport>tick box titled "scratch"
Kellie Myrum
The only issue I ever had with multiple generic devices was that Traktor takes more time on startup/close and when loading mappings. I have 10 or 11 generic devices and this issue is really annoying.
Julian Ispas
yea im not saying it doesnt scratch....it does scratch but some reason the song is distorted.

so what i ended up doing is, loaded the mapping provided did by Vestax which produce no distorted sound when i scratch...and build off of from there.

so weirdddd, i even copy the exact mapping and it still came out with distorted sound

i bet it has something to do with adding a new generic midi
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DJ Abide
You'd also need to map Jog Turn to the wheels as well.
^This^

Add in Jog turn for both (banding and scratching) just set different sensitivity.
Julian Ispas
this is annoying!!! here is what i did so far.

add in > jog touch > *learn the touch part of the wheel*
add in > scratch > *learn the spinning part of the wheel*

OR

add in > jog touch > *learn the touch part of the wheel*
add in > scratch > *learn the spinning part of the wheel*
add in > tempo bend > *learn the spinning part of the wheel*

any of the 2 combo will give a distorted result
Julian Ispas
man i give up! i can't seem to map it.

i tried jog touch and scratch mapping. not even involving the jog turn in the equation.....and with it in the equation. i still cant get it right.

grrr driving me nuts
Lashay Walchak
You'd also need to map Jog Turn to the wheels as well. There should be seperate notes for on and turn.
Lashay Walchak
Or perhaps since your mapping MIDI you have the "distorted" sound because the jogs are only sending 127 notes per rotation. Not familiar with the hardware specs of the VCI-400, but I do know this is why the DJTT Vci-100 firmware hack was deemed as a must have to anyone looking to scratch with a controller. You can also try changing the sensitivity and acceleration settings to get the sound you're looking for.
Kellie Myrum
Did you specify pitchbending and scratching by modifier conditions? Could be that traktor don't know which command to do first if you have mapped both to very same jog without telling him how to work.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy