Exceptional modifier behavior @Traktor 2.6

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Exceptional modifier behavior @Traktor 2.6Reply
Exceptional modifier behavior @Traktor 2.6
Posted on: 20.07.2013 by Rhonda Auriemma
Initial Situation:
I am trying to map my Vestax VCI-400 to light up a certain LED when the Filter knob is turned in any direction (but to stay dim when it's in basic position at 12 o'clock).
The basic idea I'm on to right now is to do this by making the filter knob a modifier, so the LED lights up when the modifier is active. That modifier is set to be a 7Fh/01h relative encoder (though on the controller it's a normal knob).
This setting however only works for one direction (turning the knob left). To give the same functionality to the right twist, i made another command with all the same parameters, but it's inverted.
Now we get to the strange behaviour:
when turning the knob right and triggering the inverted command, everything works fine. As soon as the knob is turned back and reaches the "home position" at 12 o'clock, the modifier doesn't go off - when coming from the left side, using the uninverted command, it does! To turn the modifier off, I have to turn the knob to 11:59 (and therefore trigger the uninverted command) and then back to 12:00.
Can anyone explain this behaviour? Logically, when inverting the first command, shouldn't it copy that behaviour, but just the other way round? If we exemplify this with a clock, it's all fine from 12:01 to 11:59 , but at 12:00 the watch hand freaks out.
Maybe someone knows a different method to make an LED light up when turning the filter knob? Despite that I'm curious why the modifier behaves that way.
Thanks for reading and conceivably helping me out!

Edit: okay, I toyed a bit with the controller ranges and different LEDs and made it work with Filter Adjust (that was somehow obvious). I'm still interested in why the modifier knob/encoder behaves that way, because I consider using it in another mapping.
Kellie Myrum
And a diagram of controls:

superfader.JPG
Rhonda Auriemma
Initial Situation:
I am trying to map my Vestax VCI-400 to light up a certain LED when the Filter knob is turned in any direction (but to stay dim when it's in basic position at 12 o'clock).
The basic idea I'm on to right now is to do this by making the filter knob a modifier, so the LED lights up when the modifier is active. That modifier is set to be a 7Fh/01h relative encoder (though on the controller it's a normal knob).
This setting however only works for one direction (turning the knob left). To give the same functionality to the right twist, i made another command with all the same parameters, but it's inverted.
Now we get to the strange behaviour:
when turning the knob right and triggering the inverted command, everything works fine. As soon as the knob is turned back and reaches the "home position" at 12 o'clock, the modifier doesn't go off - when coming from the left side, using the uninverted command, it does! To turn the modifier off, I have to turn the knob to 11:59 (and therefore trigger the uninverted command) and then back to 12:00.
Can anyone explain this behaviour? Logically, when inverting the first command, shouldn't it copy that behaviour, but just the other way round? If we exemplify this with a clock, it's all fine from 12:01 to 11:59 , but at 12:00 the watch hand freaks out.
Maybe someone knows a different method to make an LED light up when turning the filter knob? Despite that I'm curious why the modifier behaves that way.
Thanks for reading and conceivably helping me out!

Edit: okay, I toyed a bit with the controller ranges and different LEDs and made it work with Filter Adjust (that was somehow obvious). I'm still interested in why the modifier knob/encoder behaves that way, because I consider using it in another mapping.
Kellie Myrum
And a diagram of controls:

superfader.JPG
Kellie Myrum
Speaking of ideas here is what I had in mind when I come up with this mapping technique in last year.

Using same concept in all of my mappings, it's sick!
Rhonda Auriemma
Thanks! So is there anything I can do to make a modifier knob work both ways or is it a non-negotiable trait? I've got some ideas that would require such a modifier knob.
Kellie Myrum
It's because of the dead zone of the center detent pot.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy