Possible to change mixer filter type on the fly?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Possible to change mixer filter type on the fly?Reply
Possible to change mixer filter type on the fly?
Posted on: 24.07.2013 by Julietta Mistretta
Traktor 2 / S4 user. Is it possible to use Decks C and D filter to control Decks A and B, but with a different filter type?

Example.

I am currently using A and B filter, with the filter type set in Traktor preferences as Xone. I would like to use C and D filter to control the filter leve on A and B, but with the ladder filter type.

If that isn't possible, is it possible to use effect peak (or another) filter to mimic the resonance or color of the ladder filter type?

Any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers!
Julietta Mistretta
Traktor 2 / S4 user. Is it possible to use Decks C and D filter to control Decks A and B, but with a different filter type?

Example.

I am currently using A and B filter, with the filter type set in Traktor preferences as Xone. I would like to use C and D filter to control the filter leve on A and B, but with the ladder filter type.

If that isn't possible, is it possible to use effect peak (or another) filter to mimic the resonance or color of the ladder filter type?

Any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers!
Kellie Myrum
Not by the F92 itself. Add some reverbs and peak filter, experiment until you get the noise sound.

Julietta Mistretta
And really, here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to chase the sound a Pioneer 900 might produce when using the filter / color effect. I don't use it myself, but it's the unmistakable sweep a DJ might make mid track when they have both hands to (as they say on the streets) "twerk da filter."

Think the F92 will get me there?
Julietta Mistretta
I appreciate the insight, thank you.
Kellie Myrum
No mapping command for changing filter type I'm afraid.

Check out F92 in single FX mode. It's the most resonance from Filter in Traktor.
Julietta Mistretta
Noted above, but I can't get precisely the sound or use as the ladder filter. Is the question above possible? Or no?
Alphonso Deitchman
There are several filters available in the FX section.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy