has any one bought a Numark Orbit? I have a couple of functional questions

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: has any one bought a Numark Orbit? I have a couple of functional questionsReply
has any one bought a Numark Orbit? I have a couple of functional questions
Posted on: 01.08.2013 by Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Hi guys,

I have seen a couple of videos about this controller but none have the information that I want before deciding if I want to buy it.

I would like to know if the state of the LED's can be controlled through midi messages, eg to test it.

If you press play in traktor or serato on a different controller or using the mouse on the interface does the corresponding button on the orbit light up? This would mean that the controller is receiving midi to control whether the LED is on or off, and would be better than having static LED's that are controlled on the device only for my purposes.

Also I would like to know if you put the jog dial into a mode to control the jogwheel in the software and turn a different controllers jog do the LED's move with the other controller? Once again this would mean that the controller is getting updates from the software not just the firmware.

Thanks for any replies
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Hi guys,

I have seen a couple of videos about this controller but none have the information that I want before deciding if I want to buy it.

I would like to know if the state of the LED's can be controlled through midi messages, eg to test it.

If you press play in traktor or serato on a different controller or using the mouse on the interface does the corresponding button on the orbit light up? This would mean that the controller is receiving midi to control whether the LED is on or off, and would be better than having static LED's that are controlled on the device only for my purposes.

Also I would like to know if you put the jog dial into a mode to control the jogwheel in the software and turn a different controllers jog do the LED's move with the other controller? Once again this would mean that the controller is getting updates from the software not just the firmware.

Thanks for any replies
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I got an answer on the VDJ Forum... for anyone who's interested, all of the above is possible plus you can send cc messages to control the colors of which there are 127 to choose from. This looks like a great little controller for effects!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy