Advanced Fx use Cases

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Advanced Fx use CasesReply
Advanced Fx use Cases
Posted on: 14.05.2013 by Kena Trow
Hi I'm remapping a setup for the controller that i use now i came across a little problem and was curious if any1 knows if it's possible or how to make that setup it kind worked till a certain point for me

so it goes like, wanting to use the different fx's

i have like

2 rows of 4 buttons let's call the upper by letters and bottom by numbers

Upper row A is for example a t3delay, B a Beatmasher , C a Reverb, D a Phaser
with those buttons i can select that fx instantly

Bottom row are buttons to load the upper row Fx's in certain FX slots by using Hold as param on that button
Button 1 = FX slot 1, Button 2 = FX slot 2, Button 3 = FX slot 3, Button 4 = FX slot 4
so holding one of the lower button and selecting one of the upper will load that fx in a certain FX slot

now comes the hard part

above every upper button there is a Fader for dry n wet params, and above those faders there are Knobs
so each fader and each button works for the Fx Slot underneath it

So Fader1 & knob1 = FX slot 1, etc...

now i have makro parameters to use with the fader and knobs but when selecting an effect
I want those params to be loaded on the fader and knob for that slot

How do I do that ?

as for example

upper button A = t3 i select that for slot one

so the fader and the knob should have the preprogrammed params for that fx

When i then select another effect for that same FX slot
it has 2 load other pre programmed params for the fader and knob

so that for each effect i have different preprogrammed params for the Fader and Knob

Thnx in advance
sincerly yann
Kena Trow
Hi I'm remapping a setup for the controller that i use now i came across a little problem and was curious if any1 knows if it's possible or how to make that setup it kind worked till a certain point for me

so it goes like, wanting to use the different fx's

i have like

2 rows of 4 buttons let's call the upper by letters and bottom by numbers

Upper row A is for example a t3delay, B a Beatmasher , C a Reverb, D a Phaser
with those buttons i can select that fx instantly

Bottom row are buttons to load the upper row Fx's in certain FX slots by using Hold as param on that button
Button 1 = FX slot 1, Button 2 = FX slot 2, Button 3 = FX slot 3, Button 4 = FX slot 4
so holding one of the lower button and selecting one of the upper will load that fx in a certain FX slot

now comes the hard part

above every upper button there is a Fader for dry n wet params, and above those faders there are Knobs
so each fader and each button works for the Fx Slot underneath it

So Fader1 & knob1 = FX slot 1, etc...

now i have makro parameters to use with the fader and knobs but when selecting an effect
I want those params to be loaded on the fader and knob for that slot

How do I do that ?

as for example

upper button A = t3 i select that for slot one

so the fader and the knob should have the preprogrammed params for that fx

When i then select another effect for that same FX slot
it has 2 load other pre programmed params for the fader and knob

so that for each effect i have different preprogrammed params for the Fader and Knob

Thnx in advance
sincerly yann
Kena Trow
Does not work at all
Kellie Myrum
I believe I already said in the simplest way. Should be easy as setting your desired start values of each parameter to snap at the same time an effect has been loaded. It's at least how it would be the best workaround in my opinion.
Kena Trow
maybe possible to give a little example ?
thnx ^^
my workaround works but it gets 2 messy after a while i'll have
buttons with 2 modifiers with each more than 5 commands, and faders with just the same as for four Fx units times 4 decks, etc...

It works but i believe how u explain it here seems easier but, I kinda eurka'd that moment (you guys's explanation) when i was doing my version but I was 2 happy with mine also working so i can't realy remember how it was in my head lol Mapping myself a headache for today

so please if you could shortly explain that with a little example, it might free up more some of the mods commands for me

thnx ^^
Kellie Myrum
Totally make sense.

Yul is right. You should map the parameter values in the buttons which also loads effects for you and use soft takeover option to pick the value in each preset and fader/knob.

This is why motorized faders rule.
Kena Trow
yeah that's because i'm looking for an easy way to select a different effect for a different slot for a different deck

example: slot fx 1 is on for deck "A" with a delay and for deck "D" slot 4 is reverb is on so then i can use those 2 faders at the same time and it doesn't affect the effect of the other deck i could also use
Fx Slot 1 on deck "A" and deck "D" with a delay but then it's like the same gesture/ fx that happens for both decks i like to go a little off beat and have the option to use 2 faders so as an example again delay for deck "A" slot 1 and delay for deck "D" slot 4 so the same effect is loaded in those slots but i got 2 faders to control em

still don't understand wat Yul was saying i know about the soft takeover function

but what i want is that when i load delay for slot 1 that the fader and knob have the functions that i mapped for the fader and knob,
for that fx and if loading another fx that it does the same load the functions that i preprogrammed that belong to the fader and knob of that fx

I tried to do it with having a modifier so that when i load Delay in FX slot 1 the fader and knob should have the function mapped for that fx with a modifier with value one

would it then be like doing the same for another fx having those those function then with a modifier value 2 ?

actually the select fx has a modifier function ...
Kellie Myrum
Is there a reason why you use separate buttons to load effects instead of mapping effect selector commands to the buttons that actually activate the effects?
Kecia Wnukowski
Just add all the fx commands to your button to set up the parameters and then use eventually the soft takeover for the fader and knob and/or specific settings accordingly to the modifier you created for each selection.
Just reset the fader and knob each time you select a different effect.
?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy