Bespoke keyboard mapping - Traktor Pro/MacBook Air

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Bespoke keyboard mapping - Traktor Pro/MacBook AirReply
Bespoke keyboard mapping - Traktor Pro/MacBook Air
Posted on: 02.08.2013 by Celena Goulbourne
I have posted this on NI's website/community , but I suspect I might get some good answers on DJTT too.

I have been using VDJ as it's much easier to create bespoke keyboard mapping, however, I really want to switch to Traktor Pro (I own the product but don't yet use it).

I had a controller, sold it, and don't need another. I buy techno tracks and then make mixes from them for my consumption only.

VDJ (or preferably Tracktor Pro) + MacBook Air + Headphones is fine for me.

What I can't seem to work out how to do is adjust by, say, 5% or 10% EQ High, Mid and Low for Decks A, B and C.

For example, I want key Q to increase Deck A Low EQ by 5% and key A to decrease Deck A Low EQ by 5%. Likewise for W and S and E and D. And so on horizontally across for Decks B and C.

I also keep the crossfader permanently in the centre, but want to be able to make volume on Decks A, B and C either 0% (fully down) or 100% (fully up).

(I mix using EQs, as opposed to volume or crossfader.)

I know how to do basic mapping, but not how to adjust up or down in increments as listed above.

Any help out there?

Thanks in kind,

Alex.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by holmefield
What I can't seem to work out how to do is adjust by, say, 5% or 10% EQ High, Mid and Low for Decks A, B and C.
You tried to change a resolution settings?

I also keep the crossfader permanently in the centre, but want to be able to make volume on Decks A, B and C either 0% (fully down) or 100% (fully up).
Add In > Mixer > Volume Adjust / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0.000 (fully down)
Add In > Mixer > Volume Adjust / type=button / interaction=direct / value=1.000 (fully up)
Celena Goulbourne
I have posted this on NI's website/community , but I suspect I might get some good answers on DJTT too.

I have been using VDJ as it's much easier to create bespoke keyboard mapping, however, I really want to switch to Traktor Pro (I own the product but don't yet use it).

I had a controller, sold it, and don't need another. I buy techno tracks and then make mixes from them for my consumption only.

VDJ (or preferably Tracktor Pro) + MacBook Air + Headphones is fine for me.

For example, I want key Q to increase Deck A Low EQ by 5% and key A to decrease Deck A Low EQ by 5%. Likewise for W and S and E and D. And so on horizontally across for Decks B and C.

(I mix using EQs, as opposed to volume or crossfader.)

I know how to do basic mapping, but not how to adjust up or down in increments as listed above.

Any help out there?

Thanks in kind,

Alex.
Celena Goulbourne
That did it for +/- on EQs and volume too. Many, many thanks. Traktor here we go.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by holmefield
You tried to change a resolution settings?

Add In > Mixer > Volume Adjust / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0.000 (fully down)
Add In > Mixer > Volume Adjust / type=button / interaction=direct / value=1.000 (fully up)

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy