Controlling Traktor Pro channel volume sliders on a keyboard

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Controlling Traktor Pro channel volume sliders on a keyboardReply
Controlling Traktor Pro channel volume sliders on a keyboard
Posted on: 31.07.2013 by Deb Scorzelli
Hi there

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've looked extensively online, on the Native Instruments site, and various community s, and wondered if anyone could help.

I've been using Traktor Pro on a Mac for a while, and wanted to know if there's any way I can control the separate channel faders using hotkeys on my keyboard? Using a mouse doesn't allow me to control both at the same time, I can't find any default keys to do so, and can't work out how to map the controls in the settings.

Before you mention it, yes, I'm waiting to get a controller, but have a gig in a few days, and would really appreciate any constructive assistance!

Thanks in advance.
Armando Waithour
like Jester wrote:
Originally Posted by Jester
You can map the keyboard to your liking, no problem.

remap your keyboard tsi in the controller manager:

map two keyboard buttons to each fader.
one for volume up button and one for volume down.
check autorepeat in the keyboard mapping and the velocity.
so holding the button will smoothly move the faders.

for example:

F is volume fader deck A for moving up
V is volume fader deck A for moving down

H is volume fader deck B for moving up
N is volume fader deck B for moving down
Marcy Teekell
Originally Posted by AndyRavenSable
Hi there

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've looked extensively online, on the Native Instruments site, and various community s, and wondered if anyone could help.

I've been using Traktor Pro on a Mac for a while, and wanted to know if there's any way I can control the separate channel faders using hotkeys on my keyboard? Using a mouse doesn't allow me to control both at the same time, I can't find any default keys to do so, and can't work out how to map the controls in the settings.

Before you mention it, yes, I'm waiting to get a controller, but have a gig in a few days, and would really appreciate any constructive assistance!

Thanks in advance.
In your situation I would go buy a mouse. I dont believe a wireless mouse is the way to go though. You should get an infrared mouse with a usb cable. I make all my mixtapes in traktor internal mode with no headphones or gear ..

Set up your tracks so they are beat gridded perfectly and place cue points in the right places. If you want to get technical you could use load markers. W is play on left deck and S is play on the right.

I have mine setup in a way that i could activate cruise mode and not have to worry about mixing anything at all (apart from slight eq'ing) so long as you have playlists organised. I recommened Beatsync instead of tempo sync. And i take snap mode off as it can be annoying. Quant mode is useful.

Any questions feel free to ask, but be sure to look up the traktor key board map in google or somewhere. That will help you more. although its easier to use your mouse quickly (you can also use the roller). Keyboard mapping is overwheling at first, so I prefered to leave it a while until I slowly got to grips with which button does what.

Good Luck!
Deb Scorzelli
Originally Posted by holmefield
See my recent post and the helpful answer. It should help you too.
Hmm. Think I get it, I'll have a play with it, and see if I can get it working. To be honest, I ended up using Traktor DJ on the iPad during my gig, and found it much easier.
Celena Goulbourne
Hi there

Thanks in advance.
Deb Scorzelli
Hi there

Thanks in advance.
Armando Waithour
like Jester wrote:
Originally Posted by Jester

remap your keyboard tsi in the controller manager:

map two keyboard buttons to each fader.
one for volume up button and one for volume down.
check autorepeat in the keyboard mapping and the velocity.
so holding the button will smoothly move the faders.

for example:

F is volume fader deck A for moving up
V is volume fader deck A for moving down

H is volume fader deck B for moving up
N is volume fader deck B for moving down
Marcy Teekell
Hi there

Thanks in advance.
In your situation I would go buy a mouse. I dont believe a wireless mouse is the way to go though. You should get an infrared mouse with a usb cable. I make all my mixtapes in traktor internal mode with no headphones or gear ..

Set up your tracks so they are beat gridded perfectly and place cue points in the right places. If you want to get technical you could use load markers. W is play on left deck and S is play on the right.

I have mine setup in a way that i could activate cruise mode and not have to worry about mixing anything at all (apart from slight eq'ing) so long as you have playlists organised. I recommened Beatsync instead of tempo sync. And i take snap mode off as it can be annoying. Quant mode is useful.

Any questions feel free to ask, but be sure to look up the traktor key board map in google or somewhere. That will help you more. although its easier to use your mouse quickly (you can also use the roller). Keyboard mapping is overwheling at first, so I prefered to leave it a while until I slowly got to grips with which button does what.

Good Luck!
Deb Scorzelli
Originally Posted by holmefield
Hmm. Think I get it, I'll have a play with it, and see if I can get it working. To be honest, I ended up using Traktor DJ on the iPad during my gig, and found it much easier.
Latoria Kavulich
Marcy Teekell
Hi there,

Did you ever find an answer to your question?

Im seeking the same info!

Regards

Barnie
Celena Goulbourne
Hi there

Thanks in advance.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy