Launchpad Traktor Slicers and "Monome Sample Decks"

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Launchpad Traktor Slicers and "Monome Sample Decks"Reply
Launchpad Traktor Slicers and "Monome Sample Decks"
Posted on: 26.10.2012 by Dani Biggers
Hello,

I've been intensely working on Traktor Mappings for about two years now. Especially with the magical secret midi weapon "Bomes Midi Translator". By also being a big fan of the Monome I always wanted to have these MLR style Slicers in Traktor. You may also know them from all these Itch Controllers. This one here goes one step further. It provides Itch style Slicers for Deck A & B and it provides Monome style Slicers for the Sample Decks. For the Sample Decks it still ONLY works in Traktor Pro Version 2.1. This was the only Version which provided a seek function and feedback for each Sample Slot. I'm still waiting for Native Instruments to Include a full Midi Mapping for the Remix Decks which allows creative Mapping and not only boring Ableton Style Cliplaunching.
Anyway, I just spontaneously decided to shoot a clip of all that mapping madness and let it socialize a little.
Please don't argue about the DJ Skills or Video Editing Skills It's nothing I would call a "Routine" and it's my first time messing with iMovie.

Cheers Kinskop
(part of the "Various Vegetables" Crew from Berlin)

Dani Biggers
Hello,

I've been intensely working on Traktor Mappings for about two years now. Especially with the magical secret midi weapon "Bomes Midi Translator". By also being a big fan of the Monome I always wanted to have these MLR style Slicers in Traktor. You may also know them from all these Itch Controllers. This one here goes one step further. It provides Itch style Slicers for Deck A & B and it provides Monome style Slicers for the Sample Decks. For the Sample Decks it still ONLY works in Traktor Pro Version 2.1. This was the only Version which provided a seek function and feedback for each Sample Slot. I'm still waiting for Native Instruments to Include a full Midi Mapping for the Remix Decks which allows creative Mapping and not only boring Ableton Style Cliplaunching.
Anyway, I just spontaneously decided to shoot a clip of all that mapping madness and let it socialize a little.
Please don't argue about the DJ Skills or Video Editing Skills It's nothing I would call a "Routine" and it's my first time messing with iMovie.

Cheers Kinskop
(part of the "Various Vegetables" Crew from Berlin)

Dani Biggers
Yes I do! But it's a little tricky to set up... Basicly the secret is that this whole slicing thing only works with Traktor Version 2.1.2. In this version is a midi mapping in- and output for the "seek" function for each of the sample slots. while this is normaly used in the decks to scroll trough the track, it does give you a perfect measurement to slice the loops in the sample decks. but it does not work straight from traktor to launchpad because the launchpad gets overloaded with the data. so I use Pure Data to filter the Midi data. But it also works with Bomes. I just switched from Bomes to PD because of the wider possibilities....

Stay in tune with www.kinskop.com for more information and goodies....
Adah Knochenmus
Someone has the mapping for that slicer mode??
Dani Biggers

This is more or less just a little test screening following the Broiler Boom (you know what I mean). My Setup is running NI Traktor with a Reloop Jockey 3, Lemur on an iPad and a Launchpad. In the Background I have Pure Data controlling all the Midi to turn the Remix Decks into a Monome kind of Looper. So I can grab Loops from a Tracks with just a Fingertip and Slice and Combine them. Very similar to the Slicer in Serato DJ but with for Loops on each Deck.

Tracklist:
1. A Made Up Sound - Take The Plunge (Beat Mix)
2. Hyetal - Northwest Passage (Factory Floor Remix)
3. Isomer Transition - Downtime in the Hangar

For more stuff go to:
http://www.kinskop.com
alex tsikarishvili
Nice and smart stuff, any chance of having a look at the bome file and the tsi ?
Impressive

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy