What is the simplest way to deejay with the APC40?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: What is the simplest way to deejay with the APC40?Reply
What is the simplest way to deejay with the APC40?
Posted on: 02.08.2013 by Danielle Caguioa
That is my question. I have an APC40 with the Ableton Live that came with it, as well as Traktor 2.5 and the Collision mapping. Honestly, I'm in way over my head. I know this community is on the cutting edge of digital deejaying and controllerism, but it's a completely new world to me. So while most on here are probably concerned with pushing new boundaries, I basically want to mix tracks the way it used to be done with two turntables and a mixer, and then slowly take it from there. Baby steps. There could be an inherent flaw in the question, I suppose...maybe there isn't a "simple" way to deejay with a MIDI controller with ten faders, seventeen knobs, and eighty-plus buttons! What do you believe?
Danielle Caguioa
That is my question. I have an APC40 with the Ableton Live that came with it, as well as Traktor 2.5 and the Collision mapping. Honestly, I'm in way over my head. I know this community is on the cutting edge of digital deejaying and controllerism, but it's a completely new world to me. So while most on here are probably concerned with pushing new boundaries, I basically want to mix tracks the way it used to be done with two turntables and a mixer, and then slowly take it from there. Baby steps. There could be an inherent flaw in the question, I suppose...maybe there isn't a "simple" way to deejay with a MIDI controller with ten faders, seventeen knobs, and eighty-plus buttons! What do you believe?
Vannessa Bonifer
My buddy just bought one and mapped everything to it, and he is new to Traktor and mapping.
I'll see if I can get him to post his mapping.
Danielle Caguioa
Maybe so, but for now I'm trying to find a simpler way to work with what I've got.
Erica Charvet
If you are asking this question, the APC40 is not the controller for you.

I'd suggest you get something more along the lines of two decks + mixer format. It's far more intuitive and matches the appearance of Traktor.
Kellie Myrum
Map two line faders and play/pause buttons. Must be most simple?

Ask yourself what controls do you need and design the layout you're comfort with. Let there be map.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy