Setup wizard wrecked all settings and mappings ruined!!! What to do?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Setup wizard wrecked all settings and mappings ruined!!! What to do?Reply
Setup wizard wrecked all settings and mappings ruined!!! What to do?
Posted on: 21.08.2013 by Maryalice Zwahlen
Guys

tried to change setup from using firewire (focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp) back to usb (ni audio 2) today

first problem:
audio 2 isnt picked up in traktor pro (not using traktor pro 2, but it should still work right?)
it just says "not connected" in Audio setup.

second problem:
fucking setup wizard wrecked entire settings and clean washed mappings too.
i did restore settings and in fact i had mappings saved too. but i imported them and they dont do what they supposed to!!!!!!!! how is that possible?? the buttons I mapped to FX are doing completely different things alltogether, my echo freeze is gone, when hitting cue it doesnt jump to next grip point, etc.

IT IS ALL A HUGE FUCKING MESS, i cannot believe this rubbish!

For any kind of input I am more than greatful guys, really not sure what to do, playing sets this Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!!!
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by Stewe
You load first TSI using big import to get all the settings installed, then go in to device menu and simply add your secondary mapping from there without overwriting your previously imported file.
okay, done and worked. thank you! i got both mappings in there again now.

you lost me at "re-assign all FX selector commands to load corresponding effects paths regards to new order in FX list."
are you saying i should try to put the original order of FX in the preference menu back into its original ordeR?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
hey stewe

i did do that mistake at first.
now i followed your suggestion doing it via the big import button at the bottom.
but i cannot load two mappings in. i can only load in one and when i want to add the other it replaces the previous one.
You load first TSI using big import to get all the settings installed, then go in to device menu and simply add your secondary mapping from there without overwriting your previously imported file.

on top of that it still doesnt do what i originally mapped. when i get asked what to import i can only tick controller settings, all other options including fx settings are greyed out and i cannot tick them..........what do you suggest?
I'd suggest you to re-assign all FX selector commands to load corresponding effects paths regards to new order in FX list.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Guys

tried to change setup from using firewire (focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp) back to usb (ni audio 2) today

first problem:
audio 2 isnt picked up in traktor pro (not using traktor pro 2, but it should still work right?)
it just says "not connected" in Audio setup.

second problem:
fucking setup wizard wrecked entire settings and clean washed mappings too.
i did restore settings and in fact i had mappings saved too. but i imported them and they dont do what they supposed to!!!!!!!! how is that possible?? the buttons I mapped to FX are doing completely different things alltogether, my echo freeze is gone, when hitting cue it doesnt jump to next grip point, etc.

IT IS ALL A HUGE FUCKING MESS, i cannot believe this rubbish!

For any kind of input I am more than greatful guys, really not sure what to do, playing sets this Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!!!
Kellie Myrum
Nope, not saying that. Although that should also work in theory but when it comes to practice I found this method not that elegant. My suggestion was to search for effect selector commands in your mapping and just re-assign paths to proper FX in case your buttons are loading wrong ones.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by Stewe
okay, done and worked. thank you! i got both mappings in there again now.

you lost me at "re-assign all FX selector commands to load corresponding effects paths regards to new order in FX list."
are you saying i should try to put the original order of FX in the preference menu back into its original ordeR?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
hey stewe

now i followed your suggestion doing it via the big import button at the bottom.
but i cannot load two mappings in. i can only load in one and when i want to add the other it replaces the previous one.

on top of that it still doesnt do what i originally mapped. when i get asked what to import i can only tick controller settings, all other options including fx settings are greyed out and i cannot tick them..........what do you suggest?
I'd suggest you to re-assign all FX selector commands to load corresponding effects paths regards to new order in FX list.
Maryalice Zwahlen
hey stewe

but i cannot load two mappings in. i can only load in one and when i want to add the other it replaces the previous one. on top of that it still doesnt do what i originally mapped. when i get asked what to import i can only tick controller settings, all other options including fx settings are greyed out and i cannot tick them..........what do you suggest?
Kellie Myrum
Sounds like you got them imported using device menu import? The big import button at bottom of the preferences window should update the FX list and other settings just make sure to repeat same process of importing twice.
Maryalice Zwahlen
gents.

@stewe
i imported the mappings that i played with last evening . the basics, cue, loop, play etc still work. what does not work properly are my assigned fx buttons. i believe this has to do with the traktor wizard re-setting everything, also changing the fx slots, i believe that could be a plausible solution. what is not so plausible is why i can map a basic loop function to one mf on deck a, and the exact same mapping wont work on deck b.
i use traktor pro. not 2.

@tothecloudd
since the basic buttons still work (cue, play, etc.) i believe the setup wizard just changed the fx slots and mappings. i will probably have to look into mapping the reverb, filter, echo freeze and beatmashers again. will have to look into that!!!
i cant believe the wizard wrecked this all!!! using mf spectras. one for each deck. a and b.
Rufus Ondrick
im not confident at all, but it wont hurt to try your options. i mean it just sounds like a software issue to me unless your gear went coocoo. what controller(s) are you using? have you tried mapping other controllers?
Kellie Myrum
Hey JanuaryOne,

Did you assign correct deck target for each command and made MIDI ports communicate to correct MF? Also what Traktor version do you run?
Maryalice Zwahlen
hey tothecloudd

how confident are you that this is going to work?

i seem to have a few problems actually. i just mapped a loop-moving function to the mf on deck a.
i did the exact same mapping for deck b and the other mf and it does not do the same thing......???????? what. is. going. on.????????
Rufus Ondrick
try re-installing traktor maybe

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy