Need help with mapping X-Y pad (Nanopad2) [TRAKTOR]

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Need help with mapping X-Y pad (Nanopad2) [TRAKTOR]Reply
Need help with mapping X-Y pad (Nanopad2) [TRAKTOR]
Posted on: 23.08.2013 by Raphael Beyea
Hello! I wondered if i can map my Nanopad's X-Y pad to Traktor, but i have no idea how to map it.
So, basically i want to engage FX when I touch X-Y pad, and when i move it, FX parameters change. Unfortunately, i have no idea how to make it work, but i know that it's possible. I just don't have eny experience with MIDI mappings yet.
Maybe someone can help me out with this.

THANKS!
Raphael Beyea
Originally Posted by Stewe
1. That's assigned for CC and it supposed to be a note.
2. Try putting interaction in relative mode.
Ok, i found my mistake. There was wrong MIDI note assigned. The right one is - Ch03.CC.001
Raphael Beyea
Clear the modifiers as I previously said. Maybe you got wrong targets assigned.
Ok, so here is screenshot from my maps.

1. FX Touch Engage

screenshot on pc
2. FX Touch Dry/Wet adjust

image upload

Maybe i have done some mistake, i dont know...
Raphael Beyea
If you don't change your FX Unit mode a lot then just leave those modifier slots blank.
ough, doesnt seem to work. Just tried to make that DRY/WET parameters change when i move finger on X-Y Pad, but no luck yet. (look at pic)
Capture.PNG
Raphael Beyea
Just add any Dry/Wet, Knob 1, 2 or 3.

Add In > FX Unit > etc
Ok, but how about "Mapping Details" section? What Modifier Conditions should I use?
Capture.PNG
These are mine FX parametres so far. Slided my finger to left/right/up/down, then disabled learn and did some other stuff (look at pic)
Raphael Beyea
Try this. Add any FX parameter and while LEARN enabled slide your finger left to right (one CC should appear) and forward to back (other CC should pop). So basically, while ether of CC events become assigned simply disable LEARN before you let go of the pad.

This should work in theory, though I'll need your confirmation for further reference.
Sorry, I can't figure out how to add FX parameter, what do I have to do?
Raphael Beyea
Do you have other controllers plugged in and if so did you set MIDI to all ports?
ok, that was my problem. after setting IN/OUT port to all ports it is working fine now without that jumping HI EQ. But now, how do we change wet/dry FX when moving finger to X-Y pad?
Raphael Beyea
Okay, so basically your touch pad send three MIDI assignments.

-touch
-X
-Y

Let's try to accomplish to activate effect by touching the pad and disengaging it on release of the pad. Assuming you're running Pro 2?

Follow this path: Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 (for i.e.) / type to button / interaction to hold / assign for FX Unit target

Enable LEARN > simply touch the pad (no sliding around) and release it > disable LEARN and test.
ok, so i configured map as you said, but now FX only engages and wont change anything with touch, but instead of changing D/W it is changing HI equalizer from -100; +100. Maybe thats becouse i use other devices with nanopad?
Raphael Beyea
Hello! I wondered if i can map my Nanopad's X-Y pad to Traktor, but i have no idea how to map it.
So, basically i want to engage FX when I touch X-Y pad, and when i move it, FX parameters change. Unfortunately, i have no idea how to make it work, but i know that it's possible. I just don't have eny experience with MIDI mappings yet.
Maybe someone can help me out with this.

THANKS!
Kellie Myrum
Awesome, good to know!

Enjoy it.
Raphael Beyea
Everything is working amazing now. THANK YOU!
Raphael Beyea
Ok, i found my mistake. There was wrong MIDI note assigned. The right one is - Ch03.CC.001
Kellie Myrum
Raphael Beyea
Ok, so here is screenshot from my maps.

1. FX Touch Engage

screenshot on pc
2. FX Touch Dry/Wet adjust

image upload

Maybe i have done some mistake, i dont know...
Kellie Myrum
Raphael Beyea
If you don't change your FX Unit mode a lot then just leave those modifier slots blank.
ough, doesnt seem to work. Just tried to make that DRY/WET parameters change when i move finger on X-Y Pad, but no luck yet. (look at pic)
Capture.PNG
Kellie Myrum
Raphael Beyea

Add In > FX Unit > etc
Ok, but how about "Mapping Details" section? What Modifier Conditions should I use?
Capture.PNG
These are mine FX parametres so far. Slided my finger to left/right/up/down, then disabled learn and did some other stuff (look at pic)
Kellie Myrum

Add In > FX Unit > etc
Raphael Beyea
Try this. Add any FX parameter and while LEARN enabled slide your finger left to right (one CC should appear) and forward to back (other CC should pop). So basically, while ether of CC events become assigned simply disable LEARN before you let go of the pad.

This should work in theory, though I'll need your confirmation for further reference.
Sorry, I can't figure out how to add FX parameter, what do I have to do?
Kellie Myrum

Raphael Beyea
Do you have other controllers plugged in and if so did you set MIDI to all ports?
ok, that was my problem. after setting IN/OUT port to all ports it is working fine now without that jumping HI EQ. But now, how do we change wet/dry FX when moving finger to X-Y pad?
Kellie Myrum
Raphael Beyea

-touch
-X
-Y

Let's try to accomplish to activate effect by touching the pad and disengaging it on release of the pad. Assuming you're running Pro 2?

Follow this path: Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 (for i.e.) / type to button / interaction to hold / assign for FX Unit target

Enable LEARN > simply touch the pad (no sliding around) and release it > disable LEARN and test.
ok, so i configured map as you said, but now FX only engages and wont change anything with touch, but instead of changing D/W it is changing HI equalizer from -100; +100. Maybe thats becouse i use other devices with nanopad?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you would probably have more luck using midi-ox to determine the messages and inputting them manually into traktor. I had a look at the midi manual but unfortunately it doesn't say what messages they send by default.

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/...8512690000.pdf
Kellie Myrum

-touch
-X
-Y

Raphael Beyea
Bumper

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy