DDj-SX mapping help

DDj-SX mapping help
Posted on: 02.09.2013 by Briana Knoepke
Using the JaJa mapping w/ DDJ-SX ( Pioneer ) Windows 7 - Traktor Pro latest version .

The only function I'm having problems with is - the Slicer button on the performance pads.
When pushing the Slicer button to change to that function - hitting a pad will start a wrong effect -
it will start the Flange style effect on some buttons and a Gater on other buttons not a Slicer effect. I've tried to select the " Slicer " effect from the drop down menu within that effects drop box for that particular button - and it is not the same style of effect like in Serato ( which I enjoy that effect ) . Do I need to select a different effect from the drop box or is the mapping not loading correctly ? thanks.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Uncle B
Using the JaJa mapping w/ DDJ-SX ( Pioneer ) Windows 7 - Traktor Pro latest version .

The only function I'm having problems with is - the Slicer button on the performance pads.
When pushing the Slicer button to change to that function - hitting a pad will start a wrong effect -
it will start the Flange style effect on some buttons and a Gater on other buttons not a Slicer effect. I've tried to select the " Slicer " effect from the drop down menu within that effects drop box for that particular button - and it is not the same style of effect like in Serato ( which I enjoy that effect ) . Do I need to select a different effect from the drop box or is the mapping not loading correctly ? thanks.
What you see hear and see is a functionality that works as you describe...or to say it in a different way...slicer functionality under Traktor does not work...this is replaced with the FX functionality.

Please read the full manual included with this mapping to understand what the new "slicer" functionality does :

SLICER FX Units 3 & 4:
LED PARAMETER <> OFF = Slicer Mode 1
Pads 1 to 4 = BeatMasher 2
Pads 5 & 6 = Gater / Beat Slicer / Digital LoFi
LED PARAMETER > ON = Slicer Mode 2
Pad 1 to 4 = Delay
Pad 5 & 6 = Reverb / Phaser / DelayT3
LED PARAMETER < ON = Slicer Mode 3
Pad 1 to 4 = Gater
Pad 5 & 6 = Flanger Flux / Zzzurp / Peakfilter
Briana Knoepke

Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Uncle B

What you see hear and see is a functionality that works as you describe...or to say it in a different way...slicer functionality under Traktor does not work...this is replaced with the FX functionality.

Please read the full manual included with this mapping to understand what the new "slicer" functionality does :

SLICER FX Units 3 & 4:
LED PARAMETER <> OFF = Slicer Mode 1
Pads 1 to 4 = BeatMasher 2
Pads 5 & 6 = Gater / Beat Slicer / Digital LoFi
LED PARAMETER > ON = Slicer Mode 2
Pad 1 to 4 = Delay
Pad 5 & 6 = Reverb / Phaser / DelayT3
LED PARAMETER < ON = Slicer Mode 3
Pad 1 to 4 = Gater
Pad 5 & 6 = Flanger Flux / Zzzurp / Peakfilter
Kellie Myrum
Import the .tsi twice using the large import button in bottom of the preferences in order for traktor to load correct effect settings. If that mapping didn't come with effect settings box checked you might need to manually replace the effect in the effect selector command.
Isa Erik
Traktor doesn't have a Slicer FX like SeratoDJ.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy