Jogwheel mapping in Traktor

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Jogwheel mapping in TraktorReply
Jogwheel mapping in Traktor
Posted on: 25.01.2013 by Bethann Olortegui
Hi all. I'm hoping for some help in mapping my Reloop Terminal Mix 4 jogwheels to work with Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.7.

In controller editor, what is the name of the function I need to map? Can't seem to find anything relevant in the list of controls.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Enigma
Thank you for posting this! Just made an account for the sole purpose of thanking you for this!
This worked great for my problem with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Numark Mixtrack Pro 2.
Awesome! I'm glad that helped

Cheers,
Randee Iacoviello
Originally Posted by Stewe
Add in > Deck Common > Jog Turn / encoder-relative / rotary sensitivity (slow-band ; fast-scratching)
Add in > Deck Common > Jog Touch / button-hold
Thank you for posting this! Just made an account for the sole purpose of thanking you for this!
This worked great for my problem with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Numark Mixtrack Pro 2.
Bethann Olortegui
Hi all. I'm hoping for some help in mapping my Reloop Terminal Mix 4 jogwheels to work with Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.7.

In controller editor, what is the name of the function I need to map? Can't seem to find anything relevant in the list of controls.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Enigma
Awesome! I'm glad that helped

Cheers,
Randee Iacoviello
Originally Posted by Stewe
Add in > Deck Common > Jog Turn / encoder-relative / rotary sensitivity (slow-band ; fast-scratching)
Bethann Olortegui
yeah checked traktor bible and couldn't find anything. my own fault for not moving with the times i guess!
i'll figure it out, eventually.
Allene Manitta
look for a mapping on the web (for example traktobible.com or else), find out the commands, and reproduce them with your gear.

edit: I gave traktobible a quick view and only found one mapping for T2.1
Bethann Olortegui
Have tried all 3 commands and still no response from the jogwheels. Might have to upgrade to T2 and hope that there's a mapping available.

Cheers for your help though Stewe
Kellie Myrum
That command should work tho. Check your platters and see if those are sending two CC massages - one from nudge part and other using platter top 'n' turn. In that scenario you should specify proper command for each of CC. Only a thought.

Eventually you can always check those other commands you have mention.
Bethann Olortegui
hmm that still doesn't work.

add in > transport > jog scratch + tempo bend, assign it to the appropriate deck, click learn, hold down the jogwheel, unclick learn.

is this right?

there are also commands for 'scratch on' and 'scratch.' do you know if i need to map these too?

thanks for your patience
Kellie Myrum
In newer versions of Traktor (2.1.1+), the 'Jog Scratch Tempo Bend' command has changed it's name to Jog Turn
Hopefully this is the one?
Kellie Myrum
No worries. In the meantime you can check commands under 'Track Deck' or 'Transport' section of controller manager.

Look for
-jog + pitchband
-scratch
-tempo band

Not so sure for names btw... It's as I recall.
Bethann Olortegui
yeah i've found that there's no real reason for me to upgrade as i can do everything i need to in the old version.

appreciate you looking into it
Kellie Myrum
Oh sorry, it's my bad - overlooked this '1.2.7.' (everybody use 2.6 this days)

It's been long since I used your version, will see if I can find something useful.
Bethann Olortegui
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't see the same options as you mention above.

When I click add in, it gives me options such as loading, transport, browser etc. I can't see Deck Common.

I've tried going to add in > transport > scratch & pitch bend, then clicking 'learn', touching the jogwheel and then clicking off 'learn' but nothing still happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm a complete newcomer to custom mapping so it a learning curve for me.
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy