Traktor midi mapping - using a fader to turn on a button

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor midi mapping - using a fader to turn on a buttonReply
Traktor midi mapping - using a fader to turn on a button
Posted on: 12.09.2013 by Alverta Linna
Hi Folks, first post here and this one relates to a TCI file for the VCI 100 by DJTT.

I have a Pioneer Wego and running Traktor Pro 2.6, but I am trying to code/midi map the FX combo function seen on the VCI 100 mapping by DJTT, seen on this link:

I have pretty much done it, except for the last component, where the fader used to control the Button 2 and Knob 2 (the volume fader on the controller) finally turns on the Button 3 when in the bottom position. I have tried a few things but can't get it, including the 'invert' function and using the volume fader control as it's own modifier. Not having much luck. If anyone has any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.
Alverta Linna
Originally Posted by Stewe
There isn't a definitive answer for this as it all depends or resolution of the fader but yes, combining two commands (one hold, one direct) and inverting one of them can give the same result as in the VCI special firmware where this extra note is applied at the very end.

If you look at vid you'll notice that I have two echo-out effects mapped at each side end of the fader.
Thanks Stewe, I'll give this a bit more of a fiddle me believes, try a few more combinations.
Brunilda Kora
Too bad the effects in VDJ are no mach to Traktor.
Originally Posted by synthet1c
correct unless you use PC and VST's
I like VDJ fanboys, but I like Traktor fanboys as well.

But which one is best? There's only one way to find out...

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg
Kellie Myrum
or you could just use VDJ Pro

effect slider 1 & param_equal 100% ? effect button 1 1 : effect button 1 0
Haha! Nice one syntet1c

Alverta Linna
Hi Folks, first post here and this one relates to a TCI file for the VCI 100 by DJTT.

I have a Pioneer Wego and running Traktor Pro 2.6, but I am trying to code/midi map the FX combo function seen on the VCI 100 mapping by DJTT, seen on this link:

I have pretty much done it, except for the last component, where the fader used to control the Button 2 and Knob 2 (the volume fader on the controller) finally turns on the Button 3 when in the bottom position. I have tried a few things but can't get it, including the 'invert' function and using the volume fader control as it's own modifier. Not having much luck. If anyone has any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.
Alverta Linna
There isn't a definitive answer for this as it all depends or resolution of the fader but yes, combining two commands (one hold, one direct) and inverting one of them can give the same result as in the VCI special firmware where this extra note is applied at the very end.

If you look at vid you'll notice that I have two echo-out effects mapped at each side end of the fader.
Thanks Stewe, I'll give this a bit more of a fiddle me believes, try a few more combinations.
Brunilda Kora
Me too.

The very THOUGHT of using VST's like Glitch, Turnado (and, dare I say - Supatrigga and Instajuggle?) while spinning timecode vinyl has got me dribbling.

Dribbling, I tell ya.
Kellie Myrum
I use automated modifier loops for purposes such as timers and any parameter value presets. Wish there was more modifiers

Looking forwards to see your VDJ maps
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
been there done that :P!, But I have a limitation of not being able to set a timer and increment a value which is essential, I can only do it either on beats or blink at specific time intervals. The magical VDJ8 will change all that though if it ever gets released as you should be able to program timers, loops as well as variables and conditions just like computer code. Then I will make a website for VDJ mappings. I believe that's the best time for a battle royal as you have the advantage of better effects at the moment. But a little birdy told me that VDJ8 will have full VST support for things like turnado and glitch. Hopefully it will have AU support for macs, but that last bit's not confirmed yet as I assume they have to pay licensing fees to apple for that ability, still trying to push atomix for information before the beta, which hopefully won't be to far off considering BPM is next week and they will be showing it there...
Kellie Myrum
I had an idea of mapping some custom animation settings for my Spectra... Maybe we should start a new tread though
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I've only got a VCI-400 now
Kellie Myrum
Think so? Choose your weapons
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I'd rape the shit outta stewe in that battle
Brunilda Kora
How about a midi LED feedback battle.

Choose your weapons (I mean controllers)!.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
dammit! i cant find any good animated gifs
Kellie Myrum
How about arm wrestling?
Brunilda Kora
I like VDJ fanboys, but I like Traktor fanboys as well.

But which one is best? There's only one way to find out...

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
also correct
Kellie Myrum
That part ain't VDJ though...
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Kellie Myrum

Haha! Nice one syntet1c

Jonathan Chiuchiolo

Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy