TRAKTOR mapping help on how to Change what deck is playing current song?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: TRAKTOR mapping help on how to Change what deck is playing current song?Reply
TRAKTOR mapping help on how to Change what deck is playing current song?
Posted on: 25.11.2012 by Stacy Mcilvaine
Any Traktor pros out there know the answer to this its driving me nuts? I am trying to send a midi note to a deck and load the current track to another deck while stopping the previous deck. So track is playing on deck A I want to load it to deck C and stop A from playing. Trying to map a way to use 4 decks and 2 analog mixer channels. I can load it to deck C but A keeps playing. I add midi command to unload deck A but then deck C is blank. Is there an order to firing off the MIDI commands? I cant seem to get it.

Essentially I want to change what deck is playing the same song at the same spot. I am trying to map out a way to use the 4 decks with 2 channels in external mixer mode..
Stacy Mcilvaine
So I found that when swapping decks and having the unload set to invert and kick in when I release the button as long as I go slower with the button press there is less likely a pop when swapping. The eq and gain settings can be the same as long as I set the gain to "0" and use the auto gain. This seems not so bad right now.... Gonna test properly later today.
Stacy Mcilvaine
So after almost a year I am back on this, I have much more experience mapping in Traktor/ Modifiers ETC. I have gotten this to work with my Allen and Heath K2 using a single command to duplicate and unload but there is a bit of a pop when I do so sometimes. Also I am looking for a way to have exactly the same Eq and Gain settings when duplicating decks from A to C. I am on the latest version of Traktor 2.6.4.

Anyone out there have a workaround for this? I am looking to use an Audio 8 + K2 with a 2 channel mixer playing 4 decks. I basically want to have a track that I am mixing out of either play a loop or just finish playing and open up decks A and B for Turntable control while keeping the layering going. I thought about using the loop recorder but seems a bit clunky... Thoughts?
Kellie Myrum
I tried the volume change message and it did work but it was jerky as well.
Haha! Until Traktor can offer some more advanced features we must satisfy with what we got.
Stacy Mcilvaine
I tried mapping it to another controller and I had the same results on another computer with a different controller I use an MPK Mini... I tried the volume change message and it did work but it was jerky as well. Also this is an effort to use two turntables with 4 decks and external mixer mode. I will keep checking stuff out and try to see what is giving me problems...
Kellie Myrum
Sure does skip a bit when I do it though. Seemed less jerky when I was having both play....
You can add command which brings your deck A volume fader down to zero to overcome delay between duplicating and unloading.
Kellie Myrum
Now why is my MIDI jacked up?
It definitely got to do somethig with the way you controller is sending massages. It seems like it sends only one massage when you hit the button without second massage on releasing. Check your manual and see how to configure button type.
Stacy Mcilvaine
Sure does skip a bit when I do it though. Seemed less jerky when I was having both play.... OK grabbing that controller
Stacy Mcilvaine
Ok I mapped it like you said with a generic keyboard and it worked as it should.... I mapped it to the key D. Now why is my MIDI jacked up? I am going to go grab another controller to see if that makes a difference. hang tight... THANKS AGAIN!
Kellie Myrum
You should map this duplicate/ulnoad button to your PC keyboard in the way we described it just to make sure it works.
Stacy Mcilvaine
Thanks alot guys! I am still not having any luck. I appended the TSI to my setup and there was nothing there, I will try again.

I indeed do have the Enigma installed and even changed the program to P16 and re-added each control. All works well aside from this issue with not being able to get the track to swap decks and stop playing on the original. I do not see where I can

I am not sure what you are talking about when you are describing the editor. I am on Windows and I do recall once seeing something about an editor but it is on OSX.

I will indeed try another MIDI controller but I am stumped. I am quite familliar with MIDI and Traktor...

Here is something I did not mention. I have Play assigned to the top row of pads and it is also assigned to each decks sync button on. When I map those two together it works fine...
Kellie Myrum
Ok. I want you to check various button settings from editor (hold, toggle, direct) and see what results do you got. Your button needs to send two signals to Traktor - one on press and second on release of the button so this mapping can work properly.

Check this by looking in little blinking dot in master section of the screen.
Nedra Fresneda
It does work (tried it myself), just copy this into your mapping.

I don't remember if the Enigma MIDI editing software is still around but if it is, make sure the pads send gate messages, not trigger ones (otherwise it will only send a message when pressed, no info when released).
Stacy Mcilvaine
Yeah totally. Its a Trigger Finger. Works fine but cant seem to map these commands together...THANK YOU
Kellie Myrum
Is your controller supported with editor?
Stacy Mcilvaine
I have tried with checking and unchecking invert. I have been trying to get this for hours messing with various settings....It does copy the deck and plays at the right spot but I need the deck I am copying from to stop playing so there is not the same song playing out of two channels. Even if the Deck A stopped would be fine.
Kellie Myrum
Oh, that helped. You didn't check invert at button options.
Stacy Mcilvaine
traktor screenshot.JPG

Could you elaborate? Seems like the buttons conflict. I have uploaded a screenshot.
Kellie Myrum
If you properly map unload to be inverted and duplicating to direct that's totally possible.
Stacy Mcilvaine
Invert not doing it for me... When I map unload to be inverted and hit the pad it unloads A and C never changes. I will keep on messing. This has to be possible.
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by Stewe
Ha! Bitten in seconds
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by padi_04
Click "Invert" in the Unload command. That way it will trigger when you release the button.
Ha! Bitten in seconds
Nedra Fresneda
Click "Invert" in the Unload command. That way it will trigger when you release the button.

Keep in mind that if you have enabled the option "Load only into stopped deck" you will need to stop the deck as well, otherwise it won't unload.
Stacy Mcilvaine
Basically looking for way to instantly swap what Deck the same song is playing with one button push...This way I can keep my TT in relative mode and controlling the same deck and have the same track playing out of the identical output. Then use the filter and mix that old song out... Thanks for your input guys!
Stacy Mcilvaine
Thanks for your reply, I am trying to grasp what you are indicating but I am not using a load command. I have successfully programed the Duplicate Track Deck A so that it is assigned to C and hitting a button it loads C. I am not assigning load.

When I assign unload deck it removes it before it duplicates it so it duplicates a blank deck. Thats kinda what I meant by order almost like key commands... I know this is possible, has to be.

I am using a trigger finger also..

THANK YOU!
Kellie Myrum
Map uload A command to your load C button so Traktor can send both of this massages from same press. Just make sure both of commands are assigned regards to decks.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy