Maschine like Stepsequencer

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Maschine like StepsequencerReply
Maschine like Stepsequencer
Posted on: 29.01.2013 by Mae Penquite
Hi
i created a "little" Max device that allows you to use your Midifighter as a 16-Step Sequencer.
Share it and like my facebookpage if you like it :P

16Steps Sequencer
MeDjOffical
Piedad Vorbeck
I've been having some performance issues with this sequencer. It seems that every time put in a midi note I hear stuttering in my sound card like it ran out of resources temporarily. This also happens when I switch instruments with the side buttons and select clips. I like the idea, and would really like to be able to play live with this but because of that I'm not able to.

Also... I don't know if you do feature requests but adding the ability to mute a cell would be really nice. I could probably do this with an Instrument Rack but it would be cool to have it in the M4L device.

Thanks!
Tyrone Straughn
Originally Posted by lumbafritz
ok there are a few things you have to change.
1. Use the standard traktor firmware
2. deactivate the midi input of the midi fighter on ableton live track you use for the step sequencer (the step sequencer communicates directly with the mf3d)
3. the LED still has a little bug. after loading the stepsequencer press play and select Clip 1 from the dropdown menu inside the step sequencer.

After this it should work, if not tell me and i'll figure out why
Worked perfectly thanks
Jenine Fredette
So id try it with Abelton8 and Max4Live (5 i believe)

I dont get it to work- I dont know if the MF Classic has the same midi notes as the MF3D cause I have only a MFClassis.

Yes i only want to have a Maschine cause of the step sequencer so it would be cool to do it with my MF Classic than i dont need to buy new gear.

So just for information what works and what not:

My MF work with for example a Mad zach SoundPack for fingerdrumming without remap anything.

Also it work if I load a preset drum rack for fingerdrumming.

I had load the Step Sequencer first in a Midi Channel and assign midi in "MF Classic" and channel 3.
If i click any button on the MF the Midi Channel recognice my press.

I add directly on the right on the few at the bottom a drum rack- hit play and record in abelton - press buttons on the MF = nothing happens.

-----

I had load the Step Sequencer first in a Midi Channel and assign midi in "MF Classic" and channel 3.

I add a drum rack on midi channel 3 with set IN from stepsequenzer.

- hit play and record in abelton - press buttons on the MF = nothing happens.

So maybe my setup is wrong or the abelton version or it exist differences between MF3D and MF Classic.

Maybe you can do a little video or a screenshot tutorial or a test with abelton 8.

Maybe anyone could help me out - if anyone got it work with abelton 8

Thank you

1. unfortunately i don't have live 8 installed anymore so you have to try it by yourself.
2. I believe it should work with the classic and one Bank (do the buttons send the same Midi-Notes like on the 3D?). All you have to do is to choose Page 1 in the dropdown-menue of 16Steps (on the right)
3. I wouldn't say its the same like maschine. its a 16-Steps sequencer witch i believe is one of the coolest features of maschine while playing live so if you need only this you don't need a mascshine.

@tekki XD the only thing i can say is that this is my absolutely first max device and i can hardly believe i got this working
but i would love to learn some new stuff or get some help

I could really need some help on the output because right now i have no idea how to control the LEDs on the midi fighter and play the notes with drum rack at the same time.
Mae Penquite
Hi
i created a "little" Max device that allows you to use your Midifighter as a 16-Step Sequencer.
Share it and like my facebookpage if you like it :P

16Steps Sequencer
MeDjOffical
Mae Penquite
i'm glad to hear that!
Tyrone Straughn
2. deactivate the midi input of the midi fighter on ableton live track you use for the step sequencer (the step sequencer communicates directly with the mf3d)
3. the LED still has a little bug. after loading the stepsequencer press play and select Clip 1 from the dropdown menu inside the step sequencer.

Worked perfectly thanks
Mae Penquite

Tyrone Straughn
Hi

I'd love to get this working. I'm using Ableton 9 and my MF3D.

I've got my MF3D using the Ableton default firmware and in the Ableton Preferences for input and output I have the midifighter set.

I drag in the device and then a drum rack. I set the devices midi section the midi fighter. But its not behaving as I expected. I turn midi on and the crosses appear in the grid, but the machine doesnt play the loops I would expect. I just hear the sounds from the drum racks as if I were playing it without your device. I.E. i touch the button and i hear the symbol, another button i get the hi hat but a LED does stay on as a saved position. I expected a looping LED stepping pattern on the MF3D and the same noise on each button as I pressed it.
Mae Penquite
!!UPDATE!!
- The LED-output works pretty well (with some minor bugs left).
- Side-Buttons are assigned automatically.
- "reload mididevices"-button
Mae Penquite
...working on the LED-Output right now and it's looking good =)...
Mae Penquite
Do you have Monitor set to in?
If that won't work i believe its not compatible with Max5/Live8

Possible Installations:
Jenine Fredette
So id try it with Abelton8 and Max4Live (5 i believe)

I dont get it to work- I dont know if the MF Classic has the same midi notes as the MF3D cause I have only a MFClassis.

Yes i only want to have a Maschine cause of the step sequencer so it would be cool to do it with my MF Classic than i dont need to buy new gear.

So just for information what works and what not:

My MF work with for example a Mad zach SoundPack for fingerdrumming without remap anything.

Also it work if I load a preset drum rack for fingerdrumming.

I add directly on the right on the few at the bottom a drum rack- hit play and record in abelton - press buttons on the MF = nothing happens.

-----

I add a drum rack on midi channel 3 with set IN from stepsequenzer.

- hit play and record in abelton - press buttons on the MF = nothing happens.

So maybe my setup is wrong or the abelton version or it exist differences between MF3D and MF Classic.

Maybe you can do a little video or a screenshot tutorial or a test with abelton 8.

Maybe anyone could help me out - if anyone got it work with abelton 8

Thank you

1. unfortunately i don't have live 8 installed anymore so you have to try it by yourself.
2. I believe it should work with the classic and one Bank (do the buttons send the same Midi-Notes like on the 3D?). All you have to do is to choose Page 1 in the dropdown-menue of 16Steps (on the right)
3. I wouldn't say its the same like maschine. its a 16-Steps sequencer witch i believe is one of the coolest features of maschine while playing live so if you need only this you don't need a mascshine.

@tekki XD the only thing i can say is that this is my absolutely first max device and i can hardly believe i got this working

I could really need some help on the output because right now i have no idea how to control the LEDs on the midi fighter and play the notes with drum rack at the same time.
Mae Penquite

Random X
Nice one mate!

Like the bandpage. But as far as I can see, M4L required.
Jenine Fredette
sounds pretty cool!

I have only live 8 does it work for it also ?

Next question would it be work also with a MF Classic?

Do I need 4 Banks mode?

I would like to buy me a Maschine for StepSequenzer usage with Traktor in my DJ Sets -now my question is does it work the same way like with a Maschine? cause than i wouldnt need absolute a maschine

If this would work the same way LED feedback like the maschine have would be cool!

Would be great to hear from you !

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy