need some help with some traktor mapping basics

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: need some help with some traktor mapping basicsReply
need some help with some traktor mapping basics
Posted on: 22.10.2013 by Jonathan Chiuchiolo
hi gents,

VDJ has pissed me off for a while now waiting for the new version so I believe it's time I give traktor a real go.

This thread may go on for a while as I'm an uber noob when it comes to traktor, but for now... Is there any way to change the amount an effect knob will be controlled with an absolute knob on a controller. Eg in VDJ it's called "param_multiply"... if you multiply the calling knob by 50% it will mean that for the full movement of the knob on the controller, it will control half of the software's fader. If you multiply it by 200% you will get the software's fader to 100% by the time the controllers knob gets to half way.

The controller editor has the modifiers option, but it looks like it only accepts boolean "true|false" modifiers. While that's definitely handy to have it won't help in this case.

Also is there a way to modify the macro effects, or are they all pre-programmed into the software?

cheers,
Brunilda Kora
synthet1c moving away from VDJ?!?

funny-hell-froze-over-picture.jpg

Whatever next??? Is Stewe gonna stop giving mapping advice?!?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
hi gents,

VDJ has pissed me off for a while now waiting for the new version so I believe it's time I give traktor a real go.

This thread may go on for a while as I'm an uber noob when it comes to traktor, but for now... Is there any way to change the amount an effect knob will be controlled with an absolute knob on a controller. Eg in VDJ it's called "param_multiply"... if you multiply the calling knob by 50% it will mean that for the full movement of the knob on the controller, it will control half of the software's fader. If you multiply it by 200% you will get the software's fader to 100% by the time the controllers knob gets to half way.

The controller editor has the modifiers option, but it looks like it only accepts boolean "true|false" modifiers. While that's definitely handy to have it won't help in this case.

Also is there a way to modify the macro effects, or are they all pre-programmed into the software?

cheers,
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
for realz yo!

Pat, mapping in traktor seems fairly straight forward. You just layer different functions over one another it's a pain in the arse that you need to add a new line for a single new command in the chain, from first glance it looks easy to duplicate controls atfer you have learnt in the first one. I'm assuming that you need to put your conditions first then your unconditional mappings last to avoid conflicts, but I haven't tested that yet.

Also it looks like you can get a few more shifts out of traktor when modifiers are used in different combinations so I should be able to do some fun stuff on the grid of my vci-400, I guess you could make different mappings for different decks to get access to more modifiers on the same controller, I'll have to look into that.

Don't believe I'll change the avatar as I still love vdj but I feel like a gambling addict that hasn't had a win for too long. But that aside it will be cool learning a new platform, I have played with traktor in the past but never really dug under the hood.
Kellie Myrum
What did I just read dude....? Wait a sec (punch in the face) This sh* for real?
Brunilda Kora
I agree with everything you just said.

I'd love a plain English guide to creating mappings in Traktor...

what's your new avatar gonna be?!? EX-VDJ FANBOY?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
LOL... I'll probably go back in two more years if or when the new version gets released, but the waiting is beyond a joke now, and I don't respect the decision to keep the progress undisclosed. I have been to excited for too long about the impending release, but it's turning to frustration. I need a break from it before I lose my shit. I wish the controller manager in traktor was less cumbersome though...
Brunilda Kora
synthet1c moving away from VDJ?!?

funny-hell-froze-over-picture.jpg

Whatever next??? Is Stewe gonna stop giving mapping advice?!?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy