Mapping based on whichever deck is Master

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping based on whichever deck is MasterReply
Mapping based on whichever deck is Master
Posted on: 22.10.2013 by Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

I was hoping someone might have some ideas on how to do the following mapping...

I have a single encoder knob. I essentially want to make this knob be my tempo bend/job wheel for whichever deck happens to be the master at that moment. Now, I know I can make this work in a totally manual way. For instance, I could have buttons that select the current master deck and also set a modifier value based on which button I pressed. This would then allow me to make a tempo bend mapping for each deck that only works if the right modifier value is selected.

The problem is that this allows for windows of time where the modifiers don't match whatever deck is master. For instance... after first opening Traktor the modifier isn't properly set for the master deck until you press a button. It also breaks down if you are using Auto for your master deck selection.

I'd really like to find a way to sort this out which is 100% reliable. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Weaver
Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

I was hoping someone might have some ideas on how to do the following mapping...

I have a single encoder knob. I essentially want to make this knob be my tempo bend/job wheel for whichever deck happens to be the master at that moment. Now, I know I can make this work in a totally manual way. For instance, I could have buttons that select the current master deck and also set a modifier value based on which button I pressed. This would then allow me to make a tempo bend mapping for each deck that only works if the right modifier value is selected.

The problem is that this allows for windows of time where the modifiers don't match whatever deck is master. For instance... after first opening Traktor the modifier isn't properly set for the master deck until you press a button. It also breaks down if you are using Auto for your master deck selection.

I'd really like to find a way to sort this out which is 100% reliable. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Weaver
Kathleen Mcoy
The problem with that is that you can't use the "Auto" setting in the Master clock. However, I do like the idea adding Focus deck selection to the same buttons I have mapped for selecting the Master deck. I'll put some more thought into that idea.
Kellie Myrum
I believe the focus should do the trick as long as you have deck and master commands assigned to corresponding buttons. If you would still prefer a modifier check this link:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Kathleen Mcoy
Yeah I thought about that as well Stewe. Im not sure that works for what my plan was though. Essentially, I have two encoder knobs that I was mapping to two decks. If the deck is Master I wanted the knob for it it to be Tempo Adjust. If the deck was not master then I wanted it to be Tempo Bend (Stepless) for the other deck.

I ended up deciding to do something completely different but if I could figure out a way to reliably map to whatever deck is Master I might revisit this.
Kellie Myrum
Easy way would be assigning deck focus assignment. Unless you're using deck focus for some other things?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy