Could use some help with a Touch OSC mapping for FX

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Could use some help with a Touch OSC mapping for FXReply
Could use some help with a Touch OSC mapping for FX
Posted on: 25.10.2013 by Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

So I am working on an XY pad mapping for FX on my iPad. I really liked using the XY pads in Traktor DJ so I decided to create something similar for my iPad.

My mapping essentially gives me two FX pads and a couple things I didn't have physical controls for on my other controllers (Snap, Quant, Master Volume, Record and Record Gain). Each FX unit has controls in the typical knob format as well as the pad. The pads X axis always controls Dry/Wet. The Y axis controls one of the other knobs per your choosing. Touching one of the three knobs selects which is controlled by the Y axis (noted by whichever knob has the white LED dot in the middle). Note that if you are currently touching the XY pad then touching the other knobs doesn't change which is the current Y axis. This is so that you can also adjust those parameters without the settings jumping around.

At the bottom I have a grid of buttons for all of the effects in Traktor. Clicking any of them sets that unit to that effect.

There are a few things I want to add. For instance, some Insta-Grat style option for the effects button grid.

So here are where my questions come in...
  1. FX selection grid: I want the button for the currently selected effect to stay highlighted. I am having trouble getting my Midi Out mapping to work. Can anyone look at the attached file and see what I am doing wrong?
  2. Right now if the FX unit is off and you touch the XY Pad it turns the unit on until you stop touching the XY Pad. I'm also trying to sort out the mapping sequence so that if the unit is off then I can touch the pad and then lock it in like you do in Traktor DJ. This way I can let go of the pad and have the effect stay on at it's current setting.
  3. Touch OSC has some controls for changing text values and object colors. It would be cool to use this to change the FX button labels based on the effect loaded. Any idea how to do that via Traktor? The TouchOSC site doesn't seem to make it clear how you can send those messages to the controller.

Preview.jpg
Kathleen Mcoy
Hi all,

So I am working on an XY pad mapping for FX on my iPad. I really liked using the XY pads in Traktor DJ so I decided to create something similar for my iPad.

My mapping essentially gives me two FX pads and a couple things I didn't have physical controls for on my other controllers (Snap, Quant, Master Volume, Record and Record Gain). Each FX unit has controls in the typical knob format as well as the pad. The pads X axis always controls Dry/Wet. The Y axis controls one of the other knobs per your choosing. Touching one of the three knobs selects which is controlled by the Y axis (noted by whichever knob has the white LED dot in the middle). Note that if you are currently touching the XY pad then touching the other knobs doesn't change which is the current Y axis. This is so that you can also adjust those parameters without the settings jumping around.

At the bottom I have a grid of buttons for all of the effects in Traktor. Clicking any of them sets that unit to that effect.

There are a few things I want to add. For instance, some Insta-Grat style option for the effects button grid.

So here are where my questions come in...
  1. FX selection grid: I want the button for the currently selected effect to stay highlighted. I am having trouble getting my Midi Out mapping to work. Can anyone look at the attached file and see what I am doing wrong?
  2. Right now if the FX unit is off and you touch the XY Pad it turns the unit on until you stop touching the XY Pad. I'm also trying to sort out the mapping sequence so that if the unit is off then I can touch the pad and then lock it in like you do in Traktor DJ. This way I can let go of the pad and have the effect stay on at it's current setting.
  3. Touch OSC has some controls for changing text values and object colors. It would be cool to use this to change the FX button labels based on the effect loaded. Any idea how to do that via Traktor? The TouchOSC site doesn't seem to make it clear how you can send those messages to the controller.

Preview.jpg
Kellie Myrum
1. If you look controller range you'll notice 43 maximum value. Each of this values represent state of all effects. For example, if you set min=0 max=0 the LED will lit only when you have no effect selected in slot/unit target because this event is located as first in your effect list drop menu. Set min=43 max=43 and you'll get a green light for Stretch which is placed in list bottom. You get the idea?

2. Change interaction in to toogle in stead of hold.

3. This would be cool! What is the maximum of available page selectors in the TouchOSC?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy