Set FX on when modifer state changes (Map FX to Fader)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Set FX on when modifer state changes (Map FX to Fader)Reply
Set FX on when modifer state changes (Map FX to Fader)
Posted on: 22.10.2013 by Meryl Njus
I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm trying to map a fader on my Kontrol F1 to turn on an FX unit.
What i'm trying to achieve is as I push the fader up the FX unit turns on and changes parameters, as I slam it down it turns off. I'd like to avoid using a button to turn on the FX unit.

I've tried mapping
FX Unit On -> Volume Fader 3 however I get an error "invalid control"

However I can set Volume Fader 3 to change a modifier
At the moment with the fader at 0 Modifier 6 = 0
Fader at anything else Modifier 6 = 1

So is there some trickery I can use here?

ie
if modifier6=1 then FxUnit3=on else FxUnit3=off
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Yul
Faders can''t be set as buttons in hid mode, you need to be in midi mode.
This should def work. MIDI learn "FX Unit On" with the fader and apply the control as a button. When you push the fader up, it'll go into the ON state and go OFF when the fader is down. I used to have functions like this on an old Trigger Finger mapping.
Meryl Njus
I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm trying to map a fader on my Kontrol F1 to turn on an FX unit.
What i'm trying to achieve is as I push the fader up the FX unit turns on and changes parameters, as I slam it down it turns off. I'd like to avoid using a button to turn on the FX unit.

I've tried mapping
FX Unit On -> Volume Fader 3 however I get an error "invalid control"

However I can set Volume Fader 3 to change a modifier
At the moment with the fader at 0 Modifier 6 = 0
Fader at anything else Modifier 6 = 1

So is there some trickery I can use here?

ie
if modifier6=1 then FxUnit3=on else FxUnit3=off
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Yul
This should def work. MIDI learn "FX Unit On" with the fader and apply the control as a button. When you push the fader up, it'll go into the ON state and go OFF when the fader is down. I used to have functions like this on an old Trigger Finger mapping.
Kecia Wnukowski
Charline Dye
You are correct. Modifiers are just conditions, they aren't going to turn on Fx, push play, etc.
Meryl Njus
You're right... i was hoping to get fx to turn on on modifier change but that's probably also outside the scope of what Traktor can do. Looks like I need to move some buttons around.
Kellie Myrum
I'm not 100% sure because I never tested this but I believe you wouldn't be able to assign any button type command for NI controller fader/knob.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy