Xone:K2 Traktor remix deck mapping issue

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Xone:K2 Traktor remix deck mapping issueReply
Xone:K2 Traktor remix deck mapping issue
Posted on: 29.10.2013 by Mohammad Bouquin
I'm currently working on mapping the remix decks onto my Xone:K2. I've got all the triggers mapped, and now I'm working on the LEDs, which is causing me some trouble.

I'm trying to do the following per cell:
0 - Empty: Off
1 - Loaded: Red
2 - Playing: Green
3 - Waiting: Amber

To do this, it seems I have 3 cell state assignments per cell, for example for slot 1 cell 1:
Code:
Loaded:
Ch15.Note.C2 (Red)
Ctrl Range: 1-1

Playing:
Ch15.Note.C8 (Green)
Ctrl Range: 2-2

Waiting:
Ch15.Note.C5 (Amber)
Ctrl Range: 3-3

For all:
Conditions: 1 - M1=2 (Layer). 2 - Sample Page=1
Midi range: 0-1
Invert: Off
Blend: Off
The amber and green states work fine, however, for some reason it doesn't turn red when loaded. Anyone got an idea why this is happening?
Mohammad Bouquin
Found a workaround/solution, unfortunately it involves a 59€ app:
Originally Posted by audioholix
Well i found the problem after some MIDI monitoring. The problem has to do with the release of the button. When traktor sends midi-out LED to a button, it can be switched off by another note at the same button. Traktor's modifier does some weird thing when used in combination with LED output and when the modifier changes from 3 to 0. Here's a log:

Attachment 13272

I only managed to fix it with a MIDI translator but got it fixed now

Edit: Updating the firmware to v2.0 seems to fix most of the issues with off messages for other colors on the same button, turns it off. Though I still can't get the loaded LED message to work, apart from using a beat phase + conditions, but that wont work as I only have two conditions to work with and I need 3.

However, I can now say that I fully understand why these things are happening, and why.
Mohammad Bouquin
Originally Posted by Stewe
The K2 isn't Traktor friendly controller when it comes to refreshing LED output. See if Send Monitor State command would help, map it to your layer modifier buttons.
Just gave it a try. Didn't do any difference. The LED behavior seems just as erratic as before. I even tried to map it to each cell trigger button.
Mohammad Bouquin
Assign slot state modifier condition for each cell behavior.
Right. My fault for leaving stuff out.
I'm doing latched layers manually, so the first modifier slot is taken up by that, and the second by the page modifier. So, I guess I'm out of luck on this one.

It seems to me that my current mapping should work though. I'm guessing it's a bug?
Mohammad Bouquin
I'm currently working on mapping the remix decks onto my Xone:K2. I've got all the triggers mapped, and now I'm working on the LEDs, which is causing me some trouble.

I'm trying to do the following per cell:
0 - Empty: Off
1 - Loaded: Red
2 - Playing: Green
3 - Waiting: Amber

To do this, it seems I have 3 cell state assignments per cell, for example for slot 1 cell 1:
Code:
Loaded:
Ch15.Note.C2 (Red)
Ctrl Range: 1-1

Playing:
Ch15.Note.C8 (Green)
Ctrl Range: 2-2

Waiting:
Ch15.Note.C5 (Amber)
Ctrl Range: 3-3

For all:
Conditions: 1 - M1=2 (Layer). 2 - Sample Page=1
Midi range: 0-1
Invert: Off
Blend: Off
The amber and green states work fine, however, for some reason it doesn't turn red when loaded. Anyone got an idea why this is happening?
Mohammad Bouquin
Found a workaround/solution, unfortunately it involves a 59€ app:
Originally Posted by audioholix
Well i found the problem after some MIDI monitoring. The problem has to do with the release of the button. When traktor sends midi-out LED to a button, it can be switched off by another note at the same button. Traktor's modifier does some weird thing when used in combination with LED output and when the modifier changes from 3 to 0. Here's a log:

Attachment 13272

I only managed to fix it with a MIDI translator but got it fixed now

Edit: Updating the firmware to v2.0 seems to fix most of the issues with off messages for other colors on the same button, turns it off. Though I still can't get the loaded LED message to work, apart from using a beat phase + conditions, but that wont work as I only have two conditions to work with and I need 3.

However, I can now say that I fully understand why these things are happening, and why.
Kellie Myrum
Sorry then bro, don't have this controller to troubleshoot it for ya. Hopefully some K2 users can chime in and solve your problem.
Mohammad Bouquin
The K2 isn't Traktor friendly controller when it comes to refreshing LED output. See if Send Monitor State command would help, map it to your layer modifier buttons.
Just gave it a try. Didn't do any difference. The LED behavior seems just as erratic as before. I even tried to map it to each cell trigger button.
Kellie Myrum
Mohammad Bouquin
Right. My fault for leaving stuff out.
I'm doing latched layers manually, so the first modifier slot is taken up by that, and the second by the page modifier. So, I guess I'm out of luck on this one.

It seems to me that my current mapping should work though. I'm guessing it's a bug?
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy