Traktor Xone:K2 Mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor Xone:K2 MappingReply
Traktor Xone:K2 Mapping
Posted on: 11.04.2012 by Leota Dolney
I posted this in another thread...but I figure that it probably belongs here...

For those that are interested...I have a basic mapping in place for the K2. Everything is divided along vertical strips...one for each Deck C,A,B,D order.

Top encoders are for gain..push for channel monitor. Rotary pots and their buttons for EQs and EQ Kills, Line faders are self explanatory.

I have only the bottom set of buttons set to use layers
Layer 1: turn on FX units 1-4 for each deck
Layer 2: Play, Cue, Sync, load selected track to deck
Layer 3: Hotcues 1-4 for each deck

bottom encoders: left encoder scrolls through track list, push button loads and plays track in preview player, right encoder seeks through track playing in the preview player

Button on bottom right is SHIFT

Here is the mapping for anyone that is interested. It may not be perfect as I have not had too much time to play with it yet.
K2-Mapping-Image.jpg
Filomena Vedder
Dirty Nerd, I noticed your mapping doesn't work on 2.6,
are you, by any chance, going to update it?

thanks

Originally Posted by DirtyNerd
Hey...I finally put together a couple more mappings...here is one for 2 Decks + 2 FX units all on one layer and here is one reworked for 4 decks plus 4 FX units that uses the latching layers

I took ideas from several people and came up with these revised mappings...let me know what you believe.
Attachment 9507Attachment 9508
Dina Foxley
I long to see (and download if possible) the mappingt you are speaking about.
For me, latching layers are useful simply because it is visually easier to understand you have different layers looking at the change in colors instead of having to remember that one button has one function and another one if combined with shift.
But, I guess it is a question of habit then.
This is why I would like to test the 4 decks mapping you are building.
As far as I am concerned the most important with the Xone K2 is to map it so that the use is intuitive (1 column = 1 deck, knobs for high/mid/low...).
Regards

Originally Posted by iona
just a thought: why do you use these annoying latching layers? i tried to make a mapping with latching layers and figured out that it limits you. my actual mapping (i will post it in a few days - there are some things i wanna finish first...) has 4 different "layers" just mapped using modifiers and two shift buttons (the normal shift and the layer button - which is free to use because i don't need that latching thing. the best thing about "manual mapped layers" is that you can change the layer for i.e. just a button row.
the other thing i have to criticize is the mapping for the fx - if i understand your mapping correctly, you work with the pickup mode for the rotary knobs. it might be better (in my opinion) to map them to the upper encoders.
anyway, still a good map. hope i get some critics on my map as well (when i release it ).

regards,
iona (actually iota - but the name is in use by someone else)

edit: i'm talking about the 4 deck layout btw - didn't look at the 2 deck
Dina Foxley
You have to enable the latching layers. Look in the manual for the K2. You have to hold a button down (can't rememeber the name) while you plug in the USB cable and then go through the steps to enable the layers as described in the manual. The 4-deck mapping you downloaded requires layers enabled for all the controls.

hope that helps.
Hello DirtyNerd,
Fine with the first basic 4 decks mapping you proposed. It works (except the fact if traktor is in automix playlist mode, moving the fader will stop the automix strangely).
However, the most recent 4 decks mapping you propose does not work properly. No idea why.
Thanks
Leota Dolney
Originally Posted by leregaleur
Hello DirtyNerd,
...I have only few lights on and I do not know how to change the layers to be in amber or green mode.
Is there something I missed (like touching something to put your configuration on) or is there a problem with my xone ?
Thanks
You have to enable the latching layers. Look in the manual for the K2. You have to hold a button down (can't rememeber the name) while you plug in the USB cable and then go through the steps to enable the layers as described in the manual. The 4-deck mapping you downloaded requires layers enabled for all the controls.

hope that helps.
Dina Foxley
Hello DirtyNerd,
My question will certainly sound either silly or stupid.
I am just beginning in djing and I have traktor pro 2.5 and I just bought the Xone K2.
After having plugged the Xone K2, I simply imported the tsi file you provided with 4 decks.
Some buttons function but some others no (example the high/mid/low kill button, sync...), I have only few lights on and I do not know how to change the layers to be in amber or green mode.
Is there something I missed (like touching something to put your configuration on) or is there a problem with my xone ?
Thanks

I took ideas from several people and came up with these revised mappings...let me know what you believe.
Xone-K2-2Deck-2FX.jpgK2-Mapping-4Deck-4FX.jpg[/QUOTE]
Leota Dolney
Hey...I finally put together a couple more mappings...here is one for 2 Decks + 2 FX units all on one layer and here is one reworked for 4 decks plus 4 FX units that uses the latching layers

Xone-K2-2Deck-2FX.jpgK2-Mapping-4Deck-4FX.jpg
I made some fixes to the 2 Deck mapping and added support for hotcues 1-8 for decks A & B on a separate layer
2 Decks + 2 FX units K2 Mapping
Leota Dolney

Cathern Ent
Originally Posted by frik81
Hi DirtyNerd. I love your mapping for the xone k2 I find it very useful. i would like to suggest a modified version of it if you'd allow me.
We can keep the same mappings for the bottom switches and for the two middle rows of knobs and faders (currently assigned to deck A&B).
On the other hand it could be useful to map the outer 2 rows of knobs and faders (the ones currently assigned to deck C&D) as a simulation of the FX sections of the traktor x1 controller so that :
-the fader would be dry/wet
-the top knob could be the replica of the LOOP one on the traktorx1 so that you can select and modify the lenght of the loop,
-the other 3 knobs and switches underneath them replicating exactly the same tasks as in the traktor x1 controller (Fx section)

With this modification one could easily use the xone k2 as a mixer fro 2 channels and control the effects at the same time for smaller gigs without needing any other device.
I am not quite confident in mapping so I was wondering if you could help me with this idea.
Ciao!
Great map dirtynerd but I too like the idea of this version that frik has mentioned. If this: could also be incorporated in to the 2 central decks I believe it would be an ideal portable setup for smaller gigs
Leota Dolney
I posted this in another thread...but I figure that it probably belongs here...

For those that are interested...I have a basic mapping in place for the K2. Everything is divided along vertical strips...one for each Deck C,A,B,D order.

Top encoders are for gain..push for channel monitor. Rotary pots and their buttons for EQs and EQ Kills, Line faders are self explanatory.

I have only the bottom set of buttons set to use layers
Layer 1: turn on FX units 1-4 for each deck
Layer 2: Play, Cue, Sync, load selected track to deck
Layer 3: Hotcues 1-4 for each deck

bottom encoders: left encoder scrolls through track list, push button loads and plays track in preview player, right encoder seeks through track playing in the preview player

Button on bottom right is SHIFT

Here is the mapping for anyone that is interested. It may not be perfect as I have not had too much time to play with it yet.
K2-Mapping-Image.jpg
Filomena Vedder
Dirty Nerd, I noticed your mapping doesn't work on 2.6,
are you, by any chance, going to update it?

thanks

Attachment 9507Attachment 9508
Sebrina Curtin
Hey DirtyNerd,

did tyou manage to come up with any mappings like this already? It would be exactly what i'm looking for but i cant seem to find any similar mappings

Good luck man
Arturo Harbuck
i did the column mapping as well - perhaps i can upload it at the weekend as a beta (some features aren't implemented until now). i will definitely upload the layout to tease you...

The features in short:
- play/cue/cup for each deck
- loop control for each deck
- filter/eq/linefader for each deck
- on off buttons for 2 fx for each deck
- gain
- control of fx 1+2
- config fx 1+2 (switch flavour, choose fx)
- master vol + master pitch
- browsing
- seek track/beatjump/move loop
- hot cues 1-8
- loop recorder will come too
- plus features i dont have in mind

i aimed to use traktor without mouse and still don't make it to complex.

edit: oh and about the layer/colour thing: yes it is much easier to understand, but you can map the colours in the same way like latching layers by using modifiers. by doing this, the mapping got more complex, but the benefit is, that you don't have to use the whole "field". for example i have one row above the line faders mapped as play buttons. when i press shiftbutton 1 it will send the "cue" command, shift 2 is "cup" - but there is no reason to change the colour. and btw. i bought some transparant laserjet labels - so i can write the function direkt on the knob.

i will create a thread for this mapping at the weekend, because i don't want to hijack this one (sorry so far ).
Dina Foxley
I long to see (and download if possible) the mappingt you are speaking about.
For me, latching layers are useful simply because it is visually easier to understand you have different layers looking at the change in colors instead of having to remember that one button has one function and another one if combined with shift.
But, I guess it is a question of habit then.
This is why I would like to test the 4 decks mapping you are building.
As far as I am concerned the most important with the Xone K2 is to map it so that the use is intuitive (1 column = 1 deck, knobs for high/mid/low...).
Regards

Originally Posted by iona
just a thought: why do you use these annoying latching layers? i tried to make a mapping with latching layers and figured out that it limits you. my actual mapping (i will post it in a few days - there are some things i wanna finish first...) has 4 different "layers" just mapped using modifiers and two shift buttons (the normal shift and the layer button - which is free to use because i don't need that latching thing. the best thing about "manual mapped layers" is that you can change the layer for i.e. just a button row.
the other thing i have to criticize is the mapping for the fx - if i understand your mapping correctly, you work with the pickup mode for the rotary knobs. it might be better (in my opinion) to map them to the upper encoders.
anyway, still a good map. hope i get some critics on my map as well (when i release it ).

regards,

Arturo Harbuck

regards,

Dina Foxley

hope that helps.
Hello DirtyNerd,
Fine with the first basic 4 decks mapping you proposed. It works (except the fact if traktor is in automix playlist mode, moving the fader will stop the automix strangely).
However, the most recent 4 decks mapping you propose does not work properly. No idea why.
Thanks
Leota Dolney
Originally Posted by leregaleur
Hello DirtyNerd,
...I have only few lights on and I do not know how to change the layers to be in amber or green mode.
Thanks

hope that helps.
Dina Foxley
Hello DirtyNerd,
My question will certainly sound either silly or stupid.
I am just beginning in djing and I have traktor pro 2.5 and I just bought the Xone K2.
After having plugged the Xone K2, I simply imported the tsi file you provided with 4 decks.
Some buttons function but some others no (example the high/mid/low kill button, sync...), I have only few lights on and I do not know how to change the layers to be in amber or green mode.
Thanks

Xone-K2-2Deck-2FX.jpgK2-Mapping-4Deck-4FX.jpg[/QUOTE]
Johanna Marckel
Got my K2 today and your 2 deck mapping looks great, so i'm gonna try it one of these days
Let you know how it works for me
Leota Dolney
I've made 3 different mappings for the K2 with different configurations 2 decks vs. 4 decks. FX Unit control for 4 FX units, EQs, hotcues etc, but I am still searching for a setup that I like.

I don't really like switching layers...it complicates my workflow. Doing so every rare once in a while is ok...but I don't like to have to do that as part of my workflow....it makes certain actions where you want to do two things at once basically impossible if they are on different layers.

I have a NI Kontrol X1 that I like. It handles 2 FX units, plus transport etc. for 2 decks, and hotcues (yes on a different layer, but that is ok for me.) I want a setup where I can use the K2 and X1 in harmony...I don't want to have a lot of duplicate functionality.

So I'm believeing that for me, the K2 would be great for internal mixing plus hotcues so that I don't have to switch layers on the X1:

K2 middle knobs would be used for EQs on decks A & B, outer strip of knobs for Filter and Key/Key Lock and maybe Pan for Decks A & B

K2 middle faders would be used for line faders deck A & B, outer faders for pitch faders decks A&B.

The 4X4 matrix could then be used for hotcues 1-8 for decks A&B

I am believeing of something like this:

The Kontrol X1 would then be used just like it is stock configuration (which I like BTW)

ok...enough rambling...

Anyone out there have any thoughts?
Leota Dolney

I made some fixes to the 2 Deck mapping and added support for hotcues 1-8 for decks A & B on a separate layer
2 Decks + 2 FX units K2 Mapping
Leota Dolney

Cathern Ent
Originally Posted by frik81
Hi DirtyNerd. I love your mapping for the xone k2 I find it very useful. i would like to suggest a modified version of it if you'd allow me.
We can keep the same mappings for the bottom switches and for the two middle rows of knobs and faders (currently assigned to deck A&B).
On the other hand it could be useful to map the outer 2 rows of knobs and faders (the ones currently assigned to deck C&D) as a simulation of the FX sections of the traktor x1 controller so that :
-the top knob could be the replica of the LOOP one on the traktorx1 so that you can select and modify the lenght of the loop,
-the other 3 knobs and switches underneath them replicating exactly the same tasks as in the traktor x1 controller (Fx section)

With this modification one could easily use the xone k2 as a mixer fro 2 channels and control the effects at the same time for smaller gigs without needing any other device.
I am not quite confident in mapping so I was wondering if you could help me with this idea.
Ciao!
Great map dirtynerd but I too like the idea of this version that frik has mentioned. If this: could also be incorporated in to the 2 central decks I believe it would be an ideal portable setup for smaller gigs
Milan Skivers
Excelent mapping man! I was actually looking for something like this when downloaded de a&h traktor mappings and i didnt like the ones from mix architekt or mark eg...
Gaylene Henerson

Ciao!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy