Help - Traktor Won't Connect As MIDI Controller

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Help - Traktor Won't Connect As MIDI ControllerReply
Help - Traktor Won't Connect As MIDI Controller
Posted on: 11.06.2012 by Tessie Spice
Hi guys,

I'm using Maschine as a Midi Controller in Traktor along with an S4. The Mapping I'm using is the "Ultimate Mapping" from Traktor Bible ( http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=5 )

I know the mapping works because the first time I went through the steps to set it up it worked perfectly. No matter what I do now though, the Maschine won't send Midi to traktor (the blue control light doesn't light up in traktor)

When I open the controller editor, it tells me it's working fine and that the Maschine's sending Midi.

What could I be doing wrong?
Tessie Spice
Originally Posted by psyEDk
Press shift+midi on the Maschine controller to toggle between midi mode and Maschine mode.
You've got it added in the control manager with a mapping of its own and the in and out ports are set to the maschine?
Yes yes and yes. It's definitely in Midi mode. It's always set up the same (in traktor & the controller editor). Just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :S
robin loo
Originally Posted by MisterSwisster
... the traktor won't send Midi to traktor (the blue control light doesn't light up in traktor)
Tessie Spice
Hi guys,

I'm using Maschine as a Midi Controller in Traktor along with an S4. The Mapping I'm using is the "Ultimate Mapping" from Traktor Bible ( http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=5 )

I know the mapping works because the first time I went through the steps to set it up it worked perfectly. No matter what I do now though, the Maschine won't send Midi to traktor (the blue control light doesn't light up in traktor)

When I open the controller editor, it tells me it's working fine and that the Maschine's sending Midi.

What could I be doing wrong?
Heike Juricic
I am kind of new to all of this, but I have the Behringer CMD MM1 MIDI controller and imported a mapping straight from the site, and it all worked fine. Now however, whenever I connect the controller, Traktor does not detect it, there is just simply no midi signal being sent (but my computer know its its connected and says its ready etc.) And where I could select the appropriate in/out ports for my controller it just says none or n/a now :/

Hellllp
Anisa Fourte
Guessing you're on a Mac? This is a very well known issue, and one of the most annoying in the world to me. This happens to me 2-3 times a gig, and I generally have to just keep unplugging and replugging my maschine in to get it to keep working. Here's a thread over at NI about this.. http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=1#post1054170
Tessie Spice
Originally Posted by psyEDk
Press shift+midi on the Maschine controller to toggle between midi mode and Maschine mode.
You've got it added in the control manager with a mapping of its own and the in and out ports are set to the maschine?
Yes yes and yes. It's definitely in Midi mode. It's always set up the same (in traktor & the controller editor). Just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :S
Claire Auyeung
Maybe the Maschine controller editor is set the opposite way, try putting Maschine in external or internal mode, or whatever it says now.
It's in your MASCHINE editor, at the bottom right.
Estella Waber
robin loo
are you certain that maschine is in midi mode? check with a "midi monitor" if it's spitting out midi.
Tessie Spice
Sorry about that. I meant to say that the Maschine doesn't send Midi to traktor. It does to the controller editor though. When I reinstall the driver it works but the moment I disconnect and reconnect the Maschine it stops working. The S4 works absolutely fine.
robin loo
Originally Posted by MisterSwisster
... the traktor won't send Midi to traktor (the blue control light doesn't light up in traktor)
Estella Waber
your post is rather confusing - is it your maschine or the s4 that isn't working?

you might just have to reinstall the the s4 drivers and traktor, sometimes things get complicated.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy