Help needed with traktor mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Help needed with traktor mappingReply
Help needed with traktor mapping
Posted on: 05.11.2013 by Garret Busenitz
hello, I used to use traktor but then bought a numark ns6 and had to use serato as the mapping for ns6 in traktor was poor but now I have technics 1210's mk 2 with a traktor control z2 mixer setup on timecode..

as I don't use the remix decks within traktor I would like to map the deck C and D buttons on my Z2 mixer to different functions or preset effects as I used to do with my korg padkontrol..

on the traktor z2 mixer you have the 4 buttons on either side of the cross fader. A & C to the left and B & D to the right..
with the A lit you have 4 cues then press A again so it flashes on an off and you got another 4 cues.. then press C so its lit and you got top 4 samples in remix deck in a trigger mode but then press C again so it flashes and you have the same 4 samples in the remix deck but in trigger mode (every time you tap a pad it restarts the sample)..

as I don't use the remix decks im lookin on mapping the four tabs when C is lit to effects with set peramiters (for example if the gator effect was set to button 1 in the C section it has a half way fx set then button 2 is also gator but set to full fx if that makes sense)

I have tried to do this and done it so it worked but when I pressed A to go back to my cue page when I pressed button 1 for my hot cue 1 it also applied the effect aswel as jumping back to the cue..

really hard to explain but that should give you the idea of what I am trying to archive.. instead of them being set to use the remix decks I want them to control effects with pre-set peramiters..

also what would be useful is what commands do I need to use to assign button one under the C channel (usually for remix deck on standard mapping) to assign a preset effect without it affecting button 1 under the A channel (hot cue 1)

hope I explained in enough detail.. I could make a short video to show you what I mean if needs be but you would have to add me on facebook for me to show it to you as I don't use youtube for video's

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, APPRICIATE IT SO MUCH,
THANKS
Garret Busenitz
hello, I used to use traktor but then bought a numark ns6 and had to use serato as the mapping for ns6 in traktor was poor but now I have technics 1210's mk 2 with a traktor control z2 mixer setup on timecode..

as I don't use the remix decks within traktor I would like to map the deck C and D buttons on my Z2 mixer to different functions or preset effects as I used to do with my korg padkontrol..

on the traktor z2 mixer you have the 4 buttons on either side of the cross fader. A & C to the left and B & D to the right..
with the A lit you have 4 cues then press A again so it flashes on an off and you got another 4 cues.. then press C so its lit and you got top 4 samples in remix deck in a trigger mode but then press C again so it flashes and you have the same 4 samples in the remix deck but in trigger mode (every time you tap a pad it restarts the sample)..

as I don't use the remix decks im lookin on mapping the four tabs when C is lit to effects with set peramiters (for example if the gator effect was set to button 1 in the C section it has a half way fx set then button 2 is also gator but set to full fx if that makes sense)

I have tried to do this and done it so it worked but when I pressed A to go back to my cue page when I pressed button 1 for my hot cue 1 it also applied the effect aswel as jumping back to the cue..

really hard to explain but that should give you the idea of what I am trying to archive.. instead of them being set to use the remix decks I want them to control effects with pre-set peramiters..

also what would be useful is what commands do I need to use to assign button one under the C channel (usually for remix deck on standard mapping) to assign a preset effect without it affecting button 1 under the A channel (hot cue 1)

hope I explained in enough detail.. I could make a short video to show you what I mean if needs be but you would have to add me on facebook for me to show it to you as I don't use youtube for video's

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, APPRICIATE IT SO MUCH,
THANKS

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy