Help needed with traktor mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Help needed with traktor mappingReply
Help needed with traktor mapping
Posted on: 05.11.2013 by Garret Busenitz
hello, I used to use traktor but then bought a numark ns6 and had to use serato as the mapping for ns6 in traktor was poor but now I have technics 1210's mk 2 with a traktor control z2 mixer setup on timecode..

I used to use a website that gave an image of traktor and when you place the mouse cursor above an option, for example play button or an effect it gave you the information on what to add into the mapping and then just to assign it to a button on a controller if that makes sense.. I believe it was traktorbible.com but now I cant seem to find the page..

does anyone know any websites, books or anything I could visit or buy that will help me know what command is for what function when creating a mapping file (.TSI)

as I don't use the remix decks within traktor I would like to map the deck C and D buttons on my Z2 mixer to different functions or preset effects as I used to do with my korg padkontrol..

please help and I will be forever in your debt

MANY THANKS FELLOW TECH TOLLS USERS
Garret Busenitz
Untitled.jpg
Garret Busenitz
I have done that but nothing happens or changes at any time..
it is all setup and working fine but in the mapping there is nothing there... I have attached a screenshot I took just now.. its all running and functioning fine but seems like there is no mapping commands there :s
take a look

Untitled.jpg
Garret Busenitz
hello, I used to use traktor but then bought a numark ns6 and had to use serato as the mapping for ns6 in traktor was poor but now I have technics 1210's mk 2 with a traktor control z2 mixer setup on timecode..

I used to use a website that gave an image of traktor and when you place the mouse cursor above an option, for example play button or an effect it gave you the information on what to add into the mapping and then just to assign it to a button on a controller if that makes sense.. I believe it was traktorbible.com but now I cant seem to find the page..

does anyone know any websites, books or anything I could visit or buy that will help me know what command is for what function when creating a mapping file (.TSI)

as I don't use the remix decks within traktor I would like to map the deck C and D buttons on my Z2 mixer to different functions or preset effects as I used to do with my korg padkontrol..

please help and I will be forever in your debt

MANY THANKS FELLOW TECH TOLLS USERS
Garret Busenitz
oh thanks for LED message
Garret Busenitz
oh and on top of the led lights I cant seem to assign the XF CURVE (click learn use the knob by headphone port then click learn again) it doesn't assign a midi message..
Kellie Myrum
You can test LED colors by adding and Output command, mapping it to the button and tweaking a MIDI range (LED options menu) value where min value shows color of button being Off and max value present color of On button state.
Garret Busenitz
ahhhh bummer... as soon as I imported the .tsi file I exported and saved it took it out of midi mode and put it back to standard setup...
I believe ill just put it in midi mode and create a mapping from scratch and save it regular along the way just incase and if I run into any problems ill get in touch on this community conversation again..
the only other thing I really want to know is how to set the led lights on the buttons to the left and right of the crossfader to different colours as there is quite a wide range of colours each button is able to display with different functions.. if you have any idea how to set the led lights to diff colours that would be an early Christmas for me
Kellie Myrum
That is correct. It's always good idea to backup your files. Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/56...ppings.tsi.zip

Try out Push More Buttons mapping for Z2 and finally test deck buttons for a modifiers.
Garret Busenitz
so if I export and save the default mapping, duplicate it but rename it so I always got the original backed up just incase I can then go ahead and make a complete mess of the duplicated copy of the .tsi file is that correct and thank you so much man, means a lot..
Kellie Myrum
Looks like you did it

And nope. You should be able to import a Z2 mapping from Traktor settings folder and give it a run.
Garret Busenitz
right I believe I have it.. to put z2 mixer into midi mode I hold shift and press the cog.gears button at the very top in the dead centre on the unit yes..? everything changes and have no control of the software at all but when I then for example assign a button to the left or right to an effect and click learn then press the button then press leard again that gives me a code of CH04.CC.007 (A MIDI CODE IF IM CORRECT).
si if that is in midi mode do I now have to create the whole mapping from scratch?
Kellie Myrum
I don't own a Z2 but I've searched a bit and believe I found it.

Press shift and setup together to bypass Traktor's native mode (to bypass default mappings and behaviour).
Garret Busenitz
from what I gather it is in midi mode..
at the top of the z2 mixer (hardware) there is 2 lever toggles to swap from phono and line inputs.. they are on phono with my technics 1210's mk2 connected and the button with the traktor symbol on them is light.. on a video on youtube they said that is midi mode A.K.A traktor mode.. :s
im trying lol
Garret Busenitz
umm... ok.. ill look online now to see how to do that, unless u know off hand.. could you add me on facebook to speak easier..
facebook.com/darren.edmunds.7
if not ill get back to you as soon as ive done that..
Kellie Myrum
So you're using Z2 in native mode. Put your unit in MIDI mode, load default mapping and test modifiers.
Garret Busenitz
Untitled.jpg
Garret Busenitz
I have done that but nothing happens or changes at any time..
it is all setup and working fine but in the mapping there is nothing there... I have attached a screenshot I took just now.. its all running and functioning fine but seems like there is no mapping commands there :s
take a look

Untitled.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Personally. I'd set one or two modifiers to replicate this but it could be a firmware is doing a trick too. To make any further comment I'd need you to test current modifier setup for A/C B/D buttons for me to learn the unit.

Check what values pop in Modifier State little windows when you play with buttons.

Garret Busenitz
lol I have no idea how to do this.. how do I set the modifier in C deck tab 1 not to affect A deck tab 1.. I found the command finder about ten mins after posting the original thread.. is there any web sites or books I can visit or buy to learn about mapping.. ive been sat here for hours and hours today trying but failing
Tania Somppi
The Mapping Command Finder is still there on the Traktor Bible site.
http://www.traktorbible.com/articles...nd-finder.aspx
Great tool to have open while mapping.

Sounds like a modifier is in use, switching between A and C decks in the original mapping but you've not factored the modifier into your edited mapping.
Garret Busenitz
sorry its been a while since I have been here..

right, on the traktor z2 mixer you have the 4 buttons on either side of the cross fader. A & C to the left and B & D to the right..
with the A lit you have 4 cues then press A again so it flashes on an off and you got another 4 cues.. then press C so its lit and you got top 4 samples in remix deck in a trigger mode but then press C again so it flashes and you have the same 4 samples in the remix deck but in trigger mode (every time you tap a pad it restarts the sample)..

as I don't use the remix decks im lookin on mapping the four tabs when C is lit to effects with set peramiters (for example if the gator effect was set to button 1 in the C section it has a half way fx set then button 2 is also gator but set to full fx if that makes sense)

I have tried to do this and done it so it worked but when I pressed A to go back to my cue page when I pressed button 1 for my hot cue 1 it also applied the effect aswel as jumping back to the cue..

really hard to explain but that should give you the idea of what I am trying to archive.. instead of them being set to use the remix decks I want them to control effects with pre-set peramiters..

also what would be useful is what commands do I need to use to assign button one under the C channel (usually for remix deck on standard mapping) to assign a preset effect without it affecting button 1 under the A channel (hot cue 1)

hope I explained in enough detail.. I could make a short video to show you what I mean if needs be but you would have to add me on facebook for me to show it to you as I don't use youtube for video's

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, APPRICIATE IT SO MUCH,
THANKS
Kellie Myrum
You don't need to buy any books or visit other sites, just let us know what control do you need and we'll help you out with locating and mapping those certain commands.

BTW, wrong sub community to post this question.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy