turn on led with different modifier values

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: turn on led with different modifier valuesReply
turn on led with different modifier values
Posted on: 10.11.2013 by Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Hi gents/stewe..

I am wanting to turn the grid of my vci-400 into a grid but save on modifiers and instead use the values 0-7 to set the state of the mode, I have been playing with it for about an hour and getting nowhere. I believe it should be a simple task so I thought I would ask the masters. What I am focusing on is

add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(2);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(3);

add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=0) -> range(min=0, max=0) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=1) -> range(min=1, max=1) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=2) -> range(min=2, max=2) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=3) -> range(min=3, max=3) -> invert(checked);

That makes sense in my mind but it's not working, care to shed any light on it? I can see in the editor that the value is successfully changing between the values but the led isn't playing nice.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Hi gents/stewe..

I am wanting to turn the grid of my vci-400 into a grid but save on modifiers and instead use the values 0-7 to set the state of the mode, I have been playing with it for about an hour and getting nowhere. I believe it should be a simple task so I thought I would ask the masters. What I am focusing on is

add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(2);
add in -> modifier #5 -> type('button') -> mode('direct') -> value(3);

add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=0) -> range(min=0, max=0) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=1) -> range(min=1, max=1) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=2) -> range(min=2, max=2) -> invert(checked);
add out -> modifier #5 -> condition(M5=3) -> range(min=3, max=3) -> invert(checked);

That makes sense in my mind but it's not working, care to shed any light on it? I can see in the editor that the value is successfully changing between the values but the led isn't playing nice.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
awesome.. thanks for you genius.
Kellie Myrum
That is correct. You can add that shift modifier in multiple devices as well as complete modifier grids and they should work respectively in all devices.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I want the grid local so I have different grids for each deck, but it would be nice to have a global shift for all decks that can be triggered on multiple decks with multiple buttons, does that mean I can add the same button to multiple modules to fire at the same time and therefore have that modifier available to all modules.
Kellie Myrum
The modifiers are not global but you can use same grids to make them global
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
don't use a mac unfortunately.. I opened a tsi but it's way above my pay grade to decipher. As long as I can just make modules that's fine... but that raises another question... Are modifiers global to all connected controllers or are they local to each mapping or in my case module?
Kellie Myrum
You can duplicate a mapping device, change deck/unit assignments and re-learn your commands. Or you can copy and paste any command within a device if you're using Xtreme Mappings app.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
thanks for the look in fellas...

Another question..

What is the easiest way to duplicate the mappings so I just need to make one deck, one channel of the mixer and one effect slot, then just relearn all the different controls. Hopefully I can just duplicate the modules an re-address them to specific decks... Is that possible or do you really need to make every single command for each control of every deck.. If so that's a deal breaker, because the interface is terrible and takes far more time to map than it should, or at least in comparison to what I'm used to.
Kellie Myrum
There's already a thread

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Brunilda Kora
Say whut now?

Jonathan Chiuchiolo
nevermind I figured it out... I was using the condition when I didn't need to an it's implied when using a modifier for the led output and the range does everything.

add out -> modifier #5 -> range(min=0, max=0) -> invert(false);
add out -> modifier #5 -> range(min=1, max=1) -> invert(false);
add out -> modifier #5 -> range(min=2, max=2) -> invert(false);
add out -> modifier #5 -> range(min=3, max=3) -> invert(false);

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy