Remix decks

Remix decks
Posted on: 09.08.2013 by Tanesha Kellert
Hello all, so after finally upgrading my OS to Lion, I have just upgraded to Traktor 2.6.3 from 2.5.1 (I believe)

Anyhoo... I used to use the sample decks to just trigger samples and maybe a little abit of finger drumming, but nothing too quick like Ean Golden but along the same wavelength..

So, after upgrading, there are now remix decks instead! They do seem more advanced (and will probably buy an F1 to take advantage), but for the time being I am unable to do what I used to!
The main problem being; stabbing samples in and out, sometimes it won't play when I want it to and I can't seem to retrigger with the same smoothness as the sample decks, and sometimes it plays the other samples too!
Also having problems with the sample playing it's entire length (or even half!) rather than just stabbing the first part of the sample or how long I hold the button down for.

I have looked around and can't find a definitive answer, but from what I've seen, I have made sure the pink button is not lit (still not entirely sure what it does, just read it was wasn't good for one shots and stabbing samples!)

I like the new FX and the mixed in key feature does sound good, so I'd rather not go back to 2.5.1 if I can help it, but the sample decks were my favourite bit about Traktor!

Any help is most appreciated and welcome!

Rico
Tanesha Kellert
Hello all, so after finally upgrading my OS to Lion, I have just upgraded to Traktor 2.6.3 from 2.5.1 (I believe)

Anyhoo... I used to use the sample decks to just trigger samples and maybe a little abit of finger drumming, but nothing too quick like Ean Golden but along the same wavelength..

So, after upgrading, there are now remix decks instead! They do seem more advanced (and will probably buy an F1 to take advantage), but for the time being I am unable to do what I used to!
The main problem being; stabbing samples in and out, sometimes it won't play when I want it to and I can't seem to retrigger with the same smoothness as the sample decks, and sometimes it plays the other samples too!
Also having problems with the sample playing it's entire length (or even half!) rather than just stabbing the first part of the sample or how long I hold the button down for.

I have looked around and can't find a definitive answer, but from what I've seen, I have made sure the pink button is not lit (still not entirely sure what it does, just read it was wasn't good for one shots and stabbing samples!)

I like the new FX and the mixed in key feature does sound good, so I'd rather not go back to 2.5.1 if I can help it, but the sample decks were my favourite bit about Traktor!

Any help is most appreciated and welcome!

Rico
Warner Rotberg
Have you got "quantize" turned on when youre trying to finger drum? If yes, turn it off.
Kecia Wnukowski
remix decks aren't sample decks, so here the updated manual is worth a read. You can set up the s4 samples buttons as 'legacy mode' (preferences/s4's tab) so you'll find back some of the previous behaviour for those buttons (but you'll have to check what the quantize new options do and how cells work)
Kellie Myrum
1. It's hard to say really, with out any screenshot or a video link.
2. Open advanced view of the remix deck and deactivate loop arrow above the sync button.
Tanesha Kellert
So.... After 120+ views, not one answer?!

Someone must be able to shed some light! I have worked out a few things out, I'll update once I get back from work.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy