S4 problem from hell!

S4 problem from hell!
Posted on: 27.08.2013 by Shanice Malmberg
Good Evening fellas, I am really frustrated with my traktor s4. I have been searching through community s and blogs for any answers to my problem. To start off, my laptop is not recognizing my traktor s4. What I mean by that is when I connect the s4 to the laptop the only thing lighting up is the dreaded usb light. I have done everything suggested, re-installing traktor several times without s4 connected.

My problem is that when I connect the s4, like with any usb device you would typically here a sound that a usb device is connected which I don't hear. I had a usb connector problem first, where the plastic piece broke off so I had a friend replace it. But the problem occurred prior to the replacement when I tried connecting it to the laptop and it is not recognizing a usb device. Could please anyone help me solve this headache of a problem, before I decide to sell this s4....

I also checked the device programs and no s4 shown after I reinstalled the device and traktor and plugged my s4 to my laptop
Shanice Malmberg
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
Manually update USB drivers?

Manually update drivers for S4?

Are you sure your USB ports didn't somehow get switched to 3.0 only as Traktor only supports 2.0?

Just throwing darts in the dark.
How do I manyally update the drivers for s4? Do you mean downloading from NI website? I did that and I install the device but I dont understand why it isnt in my device programs. How would you known if the usb port switched, even though I am pretty sure it didnt because my laptop, dell xps l520x has only one 2.0 connection.
Shanice Malmberg
Originally Posted by DISaS73R
Have you tried a different cable? Other devices in the same USB port?
Yeah, other devices work on that usb port
Shanice Malmberg
Good Evening fellas, I am really frustrated with my traktor s4. I have been searching through community s and blogs for any answers to my problem. To start off, my laptop is not recognizing my traktor s4. What I mean by that is when I connect the s4 to the laptop the only thing lighting up is the dreaded usb light. I have done everything suggested, re-installing traktor several times without s4 connected.

My problem is that when I connect the s4, like with any usb device you would typically here a sound that a usb device is connected which I don't hear. I had a usb connector problem first, where the plastic piece broke off so I had a friend replace it. But the problem occurred prior to the replacement when I tried connecting it to the laptop and it is not recognizing a usb device. Could please anyone help me solve this headache of a problem, before I decide to sell this s4....

I also checked the device programs and no s4 shown after I reinstalled the device and traktor and plugged my s4 to my laptop
Shanice Malmberg
I have a question when you install the traktor s4 device before you plug the s4 to your laptop, would you see the device in the device manager or would you see it after you plug-in the s4? I used another USB cable, still doesn't work. It should recognize it since the traktor s4 lights up once I connect it to the laptop but it doesn't..
Warner Rotberg
Delete the drivers from "device manager" for the S4. Reboot. Try again. Try ANOTHER USB cable.
Shanice Malmberg
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet

Are you sure your USB ports didn't somehow get switched to 3.0 only as Traktor only supports 2.0?

How do I manyally update the drivers for s4? Do you mean downloading from NI website? I did that and I install the device but I dont understand why it isnt in my device programs. How would you known if the usb port switched, even though I am pretty sure it didnt because my laptop, dell xps l520x has only one 2.0 connection.
Shanice Malmberg
Originally Posted by DISaS73R
Yeah, other devices work on that usb port
Lakeesha Storman

Olin Easley

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy