My Traktor S4 crashes my ASUS Windows 7 laptop because of the USB 3 ports. HELP?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: My Traktor S4 crashes my ASUS Windows 7 laptop because of the USB 3 ports. HELP?Reply
My Traktor S4 crashes my ASUS Windows 7 laptop because of the USB 3 ports. HELP?
Posted on: 03.10.2013 by Bernard Pulizzi
Hey guys,

my problem is a common one - that my ASUS NV56M laptop only has USB 3 ports, and thus when I plug my Traktor S4 into it, the whole thing crashes and gives me a Blue Screen Of Death

My one and only option is to upgrade to Windows 8 it seems, but that is the last thing I want to do - do I have any other options?!

This is a cry for help!

Thanks for any advice!
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by beaubryte
I have the same N-series laptop (Asus N56VM), it has only usb 3.0 ports and it will crash with audio devices, not only the S2 /s4.
You can disable the USB 3.0 ports in windows 7 by installing 2.0 drivers, but I recommend windows 8 to get the most out of your computer. It fixes all hardware issues and gets your pc on par.

I tried disabling 3.0 it myself, but then I ran into various issues (like using outdated drivers) that I don't want on a new laptop.
So I upgraded to windows 8 for a few bucks, now my laptop runs very stable and lightning fast. I use it as a music workstation only and for that task Win8 is very suitable.
Now I don't say Windows8 is a great OS (it's not) but it runs very smooth with low resources and most drivers for the N56 are updated for windows 8.
So for real performance on a neat machine like the N56 I would say that's the way to go.

Really, Traktor+S4 runs great on the n56v after the windows 8 upgrade.
Only thing this OS needs to tweak is disabling live tile animations and schedule the maintenance settings,
less then 1-minute work to get most out of this powerful machine.
Malcolm Leckenby
Originally Posted by kbridge
Hey guys,

my problem is a common one - that my ASUS NV56M laptop only has USB 3 ports, and thus when I plug my Traktor S4 into it, the whole thing crashes and gives me a Blue Screen Of Death

My one and only option is to upgrade to Windows 8 it seems, but that is the last thing I want to do - do I have any other options?!

This is a cry for help!

Thanks for any advice!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-...k.78305.0.html

"Asus says good bye to the old USB 2.0 version of ports, on both sides of the notebook, USB 3.0 connectors are the only ones installed. The probable reason is that Ivy Bridge chipsets support USB 3.0 natively, and manufacturers can avoid having to squeeze additional chips into their notebooks."

If this is the case and you cannot disable usb3 in bios or device manager, you might have a problem since usb3 is not suitable for audio
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by makar1
Are your Chipset and USB drivers up to date?

http://www.asus.com/uk/Notebooks_Ult...pport_Download
This is me replying to you after getting back from BSOD, so unfortunately that didn't work thanks anyway for the suggestion!
Bernard Pulizzi
What S4 driver version are you using?
I can't remember, but I updated around a week and a half ago, so the latest!
Bernard Pulizzi
Hey guys,

This is a cry for help!

Thanks for any advice!
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by beaubryte
I have the same N-series laptop (Asus N56VM), it has only usb 3.0 ports and it will crash with audio devices, not only the S2 /s4.
You can disable the USB 3.0 ports in windows 7 by installing 2.0 drivers, but I recommend windows 8 to get the most out of your computer. It fixes all hardware issues and gets your pc on par.

I tried disabling 3.0 it myself, but then I ran into various issues (like using outdated drivers) that I don't want on a new laptop.
So I upgraded to windows 8 for a few bucks, now my laptop runs very stable and lightning fast. I use it as a music workstation only and for that task Win8 is very suitable.
Now I don't say Windows8 is a great OS (it's not) but it runs very smooth with low resources and most drivers for the N56 are updated for windows 8.
So for real performance on a neat machine like the N56 I would say that's the way to go.

Really, Traktor+S4 runs great on the n56v after the windows 8 upgrade.
Only thing this OS needs to tweak is disabling live tile animations and schedule the maintenance settings,
less then 1-minute work to get most out of this powerful machine.
Malcolm Leckenby
Originally Posted by kbridge
Hey guys,

This is a cry for help!

Thanks for any advice!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-...k.78305.0.html

"Asus says good bye to the old USB 2.0 version of ports, on both sides of the notebook, USB 3.0 connectors are the only ones installed. The probable reason is that Ivy Bridge chipsets support USB 3.0 natively, and manufacturers can avoid having to squeeze additional chips into their notebooks."

If this is the case and you cannot disable usb3 in bios or device manager, you might have a problem since usb3 is not suitable for audio
Alphonso Deitchman
My Audio 2 on USB 3.0 works fine on my Win7 desktop, and fine on my Macbook Air running Win8. There was a driver update some time ago that prevented the blue screens but apparently not for everyone.
Lakeesha Storman
Didn't believe USB 3.0 was supported with NI stuff? Can you downgrade to 2.0 or 2.0 compatible drivers? Looks like that last post has some ways to possibly do this.
Alphonso Deitchman
Some more N56VM users here:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=60798
Bernard Pulizzi

This is me replying to you after getting back from BSOD, so unfortunately that didn't work thanks anyway for the suggestion!
Alphonso Deitchman

Bernard Pulizzi
I can't remember, but I updated around a week and a half ago, so the latest!
Alphonso Deitchman

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy