How to get the Promos??

Home :: General Discussion :: How to get the Promos??Reply
How to get the Promos??
Posted on: 12.11.2013 by Vikki Falkenrath
I was wondering how to gat those tracks that weren't released yet but a lot of people seem to already have (at lossless formats). If I ask big DJs to be on their promo list, will they include me? how does this work?

Thanks
Inez Marcinik
Originally Posted by johney
ask the producer?
This
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by amadeus
Throw your money around if you want, you'll only end up spending it on sh*t music.

Yes the commercial side of the music industry is focused on money.

But a lot of the underground labels, the ones who actually put a lot of love care and effort into their releases are not in it for the money.

I use my money to support the artists and labels that actually deserve.

I can guarentee half the stuff on promo pools will be utter sh*t.
i agree with you man.

But I play comercial stuff, which is what works here in Brazil.

Maybe this promo list is a bad idea, but maybe its not. Thats whats going in my head, maybe I'm missing suff.

Well, noone shown me some way of paying it so I believe the discussion is over.

Anyway thank you guys for all the info
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by Daniboy
I am NOT asking, I'm paying. I'm buying it. I'm using money to get something from an industry that ONLY cares about money.
I'm on the far west and I'm willing to use my gun, Am I a bad guy? Think about it
Throw your money around if you want, you'll only end up spending it on sh*t music.

But a lot of the underground labels, the ones who actually put a lot of love care and effort into their releases are not in it for the money.

Vikki Falkenrath
This this thread is a lost cause.

You get ASKED to be on promo lists by the label/DJ etc, you do NOT ask to be on them.
I am NOT asking, I'm paying. I'm buying it. I'm using money to get something from an industry that ONLY cares about money.
I'm on the far west and I'm willing to use my gun, Am I a bad guy? Think about it
Vikki Falkenrath
i believe you are still not getting it
I get it man. Its a closed thing and they are not willing to add me yet.
But I don't care. I want the tracks. And I'm willing to pay for them.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
I'm on a couple of promo lists, I got onto them after meeting DJs at gigs and things just progressed from there.

Promo lists aren't normally things YOU ask to be on, but GET asked to be on.

I also agree that DJ Pools and promo lists are completely different.
And you enjoy being on promo lists right? I would love to be in one
Lawana Mileto
Well, as I understood DJ pools offer promos, don't they?
DJ Pools and Promo's in my opinion are very different.

Any one can sign up to a DJ pool, if you ask me it's a lazy way to get music.

Promo's mean, the Label/Artist etc actually respect your opinion and want feedback.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
You didn't ask for DJ pools. You asked for promos.
Delena Katherman
Thanks everyone for the help, and specially for the guy who wrote the links for the DJ Pools (You got what I was trying to say).
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by djbobbyjosh
I'm a member of www.digitalmusicpool.com … only $14.99 a month and unlimited downloads… great acapellas too!
How long have you worked for them?
Lawana Mileto
I'm a member of www.digitalmusicpool.com … only $14.99 a month and unlimited downloads… great acapellas too!
Cheers for that useless info.
Wenona Loccisano
I'm a member of www.digitalmusicpool.com
Inez Marcinik
ask the producer?
This
Vikki Falkenrath

i agree with you man.

But I play comercial stuff, which is what works here in Brazil.

Maybe this promo list is a bad idea, but maybe its not. Thats whats going in my head, maybe I'm missing suff.

Well, noone shown me some way of paying it so I believe the discussion is over.

Anyway thank you guys for all the info
Lawana Mileto

Vikki Falkenrath

You get ASKED to be on promo lists by the label/DJ etc, you do NOT ask to be on them.
Vikki Falkenrath
I get it man. Its a closed thing and they are not willing to add me yet.
But I don't care. I want the tracks. And I'm willing to pay for them.
Lawana Mileto

Augustine Mitzen
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
I'm on a couple of promo lists, I got onto them after meeting DJs at gigs and things just progressed from there.

And you enjoy being on promo lists right? I would love to be in one
Loyd Cilek

Lawana Mileto
DJ Pools and Promo's in my opinion are very different.

Any one can sign up to a DJ pool, if you ask me it's a lazy way to get music.

Promo's mean, the Label/Artist etc actually respect your opinion and want feedback.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Delena Katherman
Thanks everyone for the help, and specially for the guy who wrote the links for the DJ Pools (You got what I was trying to say).
Vikki Falkenrath

Anyway, everything I wanted was "Calvin Harris & Alesso - Under Control ft. Hurts" now on my itunes with 1411kbps writen at the right side.

I know this item is flowing through e-mails right now as we discuss this. If there was a way to buy it before it is released, I definately would. And I would definately pay a lot for it.

If this friday I went to a evening club and heard this track playing with maximum quality, the DJ would get a lot of repect from me, because he can do something that I can't.

People already know the track, I see girls posting the lyrics on facebook. I guess they would respect the DJ a lot too.
Delena Katherman
How long have you worked for them?
Lawana Mileto
Cheers for that useless info.
Wenona Loccisano
I'm a member of www.digitalmusicpool.com
Delena Katherman
Paying for promos is like buying random tracks on Beatport. If you're spending money, get tracks you actually like. Free promos are one thing; you're not out anything if you don't love the track.
Hellen Mindrup
It's the way it works my friend.. You want to have something stellar? Start producing music yourself.
Lawana Mileto
We've all given you advice about promo's, do with it waht you will.

Promo's don't make you a better DJ, or even really make you stand out.

Support the music thats already out there.
Augustine Mitzen
ask the producer?
Pam Stolley
i understand what everyone's saying about the way pools work but there are some amazing tracks out there that i'm pretty sure will never be "officially" released for copyright reasons. any advice about how i can get my hands on those? it's not that i need them to stand out from other djs. i just really want those tracks cause of how awesome they are.

https://soundcloud.com/ungureanuvale...urce-dominator

https://soundcloud.com/i-d-online-1/...x-flylife-xtra

Armando Waithour
http://www.djranking s.com/2013/05/0...-2013-edition/

http://www.djranking s.com/2013/09/1...r-djs-part-ii/
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by shr3dder
That and dig dig dig. 99% of the DJs out there aren't on promo lists, and they get by just fine.
This.

It's all about digging, I play vinyl and I get promo's from some labels/Producers but never really play them out, but always give labels feedback (Which is what promo's are for)
If I do like the promo, I'll buy the vinyl.

But for me I'd rather hunt stuff out, no one should rely on promo's as a means of getting the latest stuff or finding new talents, do it on your own and like what has already been said.

DIG DIG and DIG some more.
Lawana Mileto
Ok, I respect your oppinion and I understood what you just wrote, but, considering I want to pay, how can I do that? Where should I search?

I just want to learn how stuff work in this bussiness bro, thats all
I explained how this business works, promo's are just that a promotional tool for labels.

I don't get why you want to pay to get on a promo list, it doesn't work like this. And if you are paying to get on a promo list, I don't see the point. You may as well just wait till it comes out, and pay for the track then.

If you want promo's because you believe it will seperate you from other DJ's, then why not instead just hunt out tracks like I said. If you dig deep you'll find stuff that not everyone else will have bought.
Edwardo Rothenberger
If you are DJ'ing at big events why not email the record companies who are putting out the stuff you like and if you can give them proof then I'm sure they will put you on their list, if you regularly playing big events.

I was on some lists years ago, and the majority you get is quite often rubbish. That is why paying for some of those promo pools looks like a bad deal to me.
Ara Tima
I feel like I'm in an forgotten island man, the big festivals are not here, the big DJs just come and spend a evening and leave, do you understand my situation?
Promos ain't gonna change that.

I believe you're putting too much weight on the idea of promos. They aren't all they're cracked up to be and any person/label that would take money for being on a promo list probably isn't that good a list, like people have said they'll contact you if you're what they're looking for.

Just join Drip.Fm and subscribe to a few labels you like. You get stuff either a little early or on release day, you get access to back catalogs and a few unreleased remixes/tracks every now and then.

That and dig dig dig. 99% of the DJs out there aren't on promo lists, and they get by just fine.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by iambiggles
People ARE telling you how it works!

The whole point of a promo is just that - promotion. As you have been told (time and time again) the labels will flow promo tracks out to respected DJ's who will play them out live or in radio/internet shows to get hype for the track before releasing it, or to get feedback on it, or various remixes so see which ones will be successful.

Until you are one of those DJ's you simply wont get the tracks. Why would they? They're not in it for you, its about their promotion, not yours.

As had been said previously, scour websites, facebook pages and label sites for releases. Trust me, you often get better stuff this way rather than promos which are often not all they're cracked up to be (I've got hundreds of vinyl promos from back in the day that are total crap - plenty of decent ones too.....)
But thats the reason I want the promos, they are lossless, and I can play them on clubs. I currently play on the best clubs of my cty, which is S
Qiana Castellucci
Ok, I respect your oppinion and I understood what you just wrote, but, considering I want to pay, how can I do that? Where should I search?

I just want to learn how stuff work in this bussiness bro, thats all
People ARE telling you how it works!

The whole point of a promo is just that - promotion. As you have been told (time and time again) the labels will flow promo tracks out to respected DJ's who will play them out live or in radio/internet shows to get hype for the track before releasing it, or to get feedback on it, or various remixes so see which ones will be successful.

Until you are one of those DJ's you simply wont get the tracks. Why would they? They're not in it for you, its about their promotion, not yours.

As had been said previously, scour websites, facebook pages and label sites for releases. Trust me, you often get better stuff this way rather than promos which are often not all they're cracked up to be (I've got hundreds of vinyl promos from back in the day that are total crap - plenty of decent ones too.....)

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy