Best controller for Traktor effects

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Best controller for Traktor effectsReply
Best controller for Traktor effects
Posted on: 09.06.2013 by Torrie Toc
Hey guys, im new to this community ..
I currently own cdj900s and a djm800 mixer and run Traktor off HID mode. I love my current setup, besides from the fact i find it hard to control traktor's inbuilt effects (I currently use a computer and thus it is hard altering the parameters). It is also worth mentioning that i often use timecode to control traktor when I DJ in a club with older gear - my issue of control is also apparent in this situation.

Im just wondering what you guys believe the best solution to this issue would be. Specifically, what controller would be best for controlling inbuilt effects and the parameters of this.

Thanks, Sam
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by c0nsul
the perfect controller is made by your mapping!
how do you want to tweak the fx? endless encoder or jog wheels, buttons or keyboard, knobs or faders.. there are a plenty of possible controllers out there, you just have to map em the way you prefer to rock the fx.
This!

If you're not in to advanced effect control than any of suggested controllers here is just fine.
Janyce Henningson
Novation Nocturn works perfect - 4 encoders & four buttons each side and 'pages' you can jump through - so have FX 1&2 first page, 3&4 next page, macro fx next page etc....

I used one with my VCI and it was great once you get used to the encoders not being in a straight line, and its cheap:

300.jpg
Torrie Toc
Hey guys, im new to this community ..
I currently own cdj900s and a djm800 mixer and run Traktor off HID mode. I love my current setup, besides from the fact i find it hard to control traktor's inbuilt effects (I currently use a computer and thus it is hard altering the parameters). It is also worth mentioning that i often use timecode to control traktor when I DJ in a club with older gear - my issue of control is also apparent in this situation.

Im just wondering what you guys believe the best solution to this issue would be. Specifically, what controller would be best for controlling inbuilt effects and the parameters of this.

Thanks, Sam
Torrie Toc
Thanks everyone for your help. I have decided to go ahead with the X1 as per recommended.. Ill let you know how it works out ! Cheers
Olin Easley
You could get an Akai LPD 8 if you want something cheap.
Doreen Schurle
Nothing to stop you mapping the 1/2/3/Sync buttons to be FX assign for each of the 4 decks.
Alphonso Deitchman
Except for the lack of FX deck assign.
Doreen Schurle
X1 if you can handle the vertical FX weirdness, or Zomo MC-1000 if you want a perfect copy of the Traktor FX section.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by c0nsul
how do you want to tweak the fx? endless encoder or jog wheels, buttons or keyboard, knobs or faders.. there are a plenty of possible controllers out there, you just have to map em the way you prefer to rock the fx.
This!

If you're not in to advanced effect control than any of suggested controllers here is just fine.
Armando Waithour
Yong Aptekar
Vote for the x1 for me too. Works perfectly with the fx in traktor, and its small.
Pansy Shiveley
To be honest, I find my F1 (in midi mode) to be a way better CDJ companion compared to the X1. It's got plenty of faders and knobs (and a couple of small buttons) for effects, and the 4x4 button pad is ideal for cue points, loops, ... And it's got them shiny rgb leds. Bitches love rgb leds!
Janyce Henningson
Novation Nocturn works perfect - 4 encoders & four buttons each side and 'pages' you can jump through - so have FX 1&2 first page, 3&4 next page, macro fx next page etc....

I used one with my VCI and it was great once you get used to the encoders not being in a straight line, and its cheap:

300.jpg
Chet Gatts
meh stick to the onboard effects of your djm800. IMO software effects don't compare to onboard. But if you're looking to chop stuff up and really play around with tracks then yes an X1 would be sufficient.
Brunilda Kora
Zomo MC-1000.

It includes an FX section that is pretty much a midi hardware version of Traktors FX.
Dedra Kreinbring
X1 is really great
Alphonso Deitchman
The X1 is ideal for controlling Traktor FX and fits perfectly with a pair of CDJs or turntables.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy