Reloop IQ2 MIDI

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Reloop IQ2 MIDIReply
Reloop IQ2 MIDI
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Rosita Bourdeaux
I'm looking for any and all info on this mixer. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this guy around here. Supposedly it's traktor ready but that could be outdated. Can be used as a analogue mixer or a full on midi controller, including the effects section. Seems like a decent deal considering it's priced for around $530. Is there still a stigma for reloop products since the jockey release?

Here's a link to reloop's site:
http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info...69a09676559306
Melony Procino
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
The IQ2 Midi is quite possibly my favourite piece of Reloop gear. Unfortunately, it's out of my pricerange so I ended up buying the RMX-40 instead, but if I had
Doreen Schurle
The IQ2 Midi is quite possibly my favourite piece of Reloop gear. Unfortunately, it's out of my pricerange so I ended up buying the RMX-40 instead, but if I had
Melony Procino
Doreen Schurle
Melony Procino
Doreen Schurle
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by misterki
Hi guys, I own this IQ2 midi mixer and just wanted to share few thoughts around it.

First of all, I bought it mainly because I thought it's gonna work as a DVS interface on its own without a need for any external audio card. I'm not familiar with Mixxx, I used VDJ for some time, but in the time when I got IQ2 I was already using TRAKTOR with Reloop DJ2 Interface edition + one TT working with timecode. When I plugged everything together with the new IQ2 + 1's and 2's, both with timecode vinyls I realized it doens't provide the DVS functionality and had this confirmed by several community threads, so if you still plan on getting one mostly for running DVS, you'll certainly need to get also one of those DVS kind of external soundcard like in my case I got NI Audio6.

I was quite disappointed when I found this, but I should have done a bit more research on it. Anyway now I'm enjoying this mixer with the TTs and NI-A6, it works like a charm.

So, have fun and play
Could you elaborate on WHY it doesn't work as a DVS? It provides 2 USB input channels so it should work fine... :-\

Unless it's the same setup as the RMX-40 USB, in that it provides 1 channel of input and then a master feed on the second USB channel.
Melony Procino
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by hellnegative
They should release a 4 channel version!
+1
Bethann Olortegui
Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Shame we cant get these in the USA. I would purchase one for sure.
Get in touch with the US distributor:

American Music & Sound
22020 Clarendon Street, Suite 305
CA 91367 - Woodland Hills
T: +1 800 431 2609
http://www.americanmusicandsound.com
Doreen Schurle
Rosita Bourdeaux
I'm looking for any and all info on this mixer. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this guy around here. Supposedly it's traktor ready but that could be outdated. Can be used as a analogue mixer or a full on midi controller, including the effects section. Seems like a decent deal considering it's priced for around $530. Is there still a stigma for reloop products since the jockey release?

Here's a link to reloop's site:
http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info...69a09676559306
Melony Procino
Well, then the question is what model of IQ2 are you talking about... there's like 3 different types I'm aware of.

IQ2+ - no USB nor MIDI ports.
IQ2+ USB - 2 separate USB ports.
IQ2 Midi - 1 USB port

Here's a link to the Reloop support community where Reloop states the IQ2 Midi were not meant for DVS use by default.
http://support.reloopdj.com/general-...-for-timecode/

It's true I haven't tried to set it up with VirtualDJ or Mixxx or any other kind of DJ software.
Bethann Olortegui
I believe he means with Traktor. It's not an NI certified soundcard. Should work with the like of VDJ, Mixxx etc..
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by misterki
Hi guys, I own this IQ2 midi mixer and just wanted to share few thoughts around it.

First of all, I bought it mainly because I thought it's gonna work as a DVS interface on its own without a need for any external audio card. I'm not familiar with Mixxx, I used VDJ for some time, but in the time when I got IQ2 I was already using TRAKTOR with Reloop DJ2 Interface edition + one TT working with timecode. When I plugged everything together with the new IQ2 + 1's and 2's, both with timecode vinyls I realized it doens't provide the DVS functionality and had this confirmed by several community threads, so if you still plan on getting one mostly for running DVS, you'll certainly need to get also one of those DVS kind of external soundcard like in my case I got NI Audio6.

I was quite disappointed when I found this, but I should have done a bit more research on it. Anyway now I'm enjoying this mixer with the TTs and NI-A6, it works like a charm.

So, have fun and play
Could you elaborate on WHY it doesn't work as a DVS? It provides 2 USB input channels so it should work fine... :-\

Unless it's the same setup as the RMX-40 USB, in that it provides 1 channel of input and then a master feed on the second USB channel.
Melony Procino
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by hellnegative
+1
Bethann Olortegui
Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Get in touch with the US distributor:

American Music & Sound
22020 Clarendon Street, Suite 305
CA 91367 - Woodland Hills
T: +1 800 431 2609
http://www.americanmusicandsound.com
Emelina Chillson
Doreen Schurle
Xenia Gorin
They have US dealers, just go to their site and typing where you live. Most likely it's gonna be a special order so you probably wouldn't be able to send it back.
Jarvis Levant
Rosita Bourdeaux
Yeah I heard of Angelo. He does tutorials and such right? I might just decide on this unless something else pops up but I doubt that will happen. I'm still surprised this hasn't been mentioned more. Oh well time to start saving again
Brunilda Kora
I've seen DJ Angelo rocking this mixer a couple of times (Youtube?).

I'd give it a go for sure. Reloop seems like a pretty serious company (these days).
Rosita Bourdeaux
Bump for frimware update
Since my interests for other mixers have been recently shattered I have come back to this. Still interested but I don't believe it's available here in the U.S (not a problem I suppose). Here's a video showing off the firmware update last month:

I also see that another member seems to be interested in this as well...... looking at you MrPopinjay
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
never used it, but I'm a bit of reloop fanboy, I have a jockey 2, 3 and contour. the jockey 2 is a bit cheap, but I love the quality build of the jockey 3 and contour. all the knobs buttons and slider feel great to use, although I don't mash the buttons on them, so don't know how they would hold up to abuse.

the soundcard is good for home use, but I havn't used it at the club. I would say they would basicly all have the same parts.
Rosita Bourdeaux
Ehh why the hell not, one more bump (but seriously this is getting sad)
Rosita Bourdeaux
BUMP

Seriously, no one else is interested in this?
Arletha Heddens
this looks really awesome
Rosita Bourdeaux
Bump for Knowledge

By the way i've found that there are 2 versions of this mixer on the market. Only one of which can be used as a DVS mixer if i'm correct

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy