Zomo MC-1000

Zomo MC-1000
Posted on: 12.03.2013 by Doreen Schurle

Absolutely SICK controller. Mapping it now, will post a full review and the mapping for you guys later
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
He meant transport cue, not monitor cue
[takes a look back at the pictures..... O_O]

WTF?...they really did left out the cue...strange indeed
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
because it's meant for use with external mixers?
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by makar1
and it's strange they left out the Cue button?
Doreen Schurle
Just noticed it has no FX assign buttons, and it's strange they left out the Cue button?

X1 + Audio4 is my portable setup too, and gives the option of adding in timecode control if available.
FX assign, on mine, is Shift page, then hold Button 1 and twist the knobs. The lack of Cue made me REALLY worried about buying it at first tbh, but then I had an idea.

Basically:

In normal (non-Shift) mode
Play/Pause is CUP.
Loop encoder sets loop size
Push action on Loop encoder activates loop
Push + turn FX select encoder changes the Move size
FX Select encoder, while in a loop, moves the loop by the selected size
FX Select encoder, when NOT in a loop, beatjumps by selected size

In Shift mode
Play/Pause is Cue.
Push action on the Loop encoder is Play/Pause
Loop encoder is Jog Turn
Push action on FX Select encoder is Jog Touch On
FX Select encoder is Track Position

With this mapping, I've got REALLY nice one-handed control over each deck which lets me cut stuff up live and make phrasing adjustments on the fly
Doreen Schurle
Looks kinda like a horizontally oriented X1. How are you planning to integrate it?
Basically yeah But with a built in audio interface and a MUCH nicer build quality.

With the mapping I've come up with, it'll basically be my new go-to portable controller... Toss it in a backpack with my laptop, headphones and cables, get to the venue, plug directly into their mixer, and away I go. ALL transport functionality has been mapped to the two pages, arranged situationally; one page for live playback and the other for track prep/cueing/grid adjustments.

I'm actually quite surprised how well it works without jogwheels... I actually understand all of these people using an NI Audio 2/4 and an X1 as their primary control surface :P
Doreen Schurle

Absolutely SICK controller. Mapping it now, will post a full review and the mapping for you guys later
Maurine Wachtler
i got the Zomo too, using it in combination with my DJM-900, 2 TT and taking it also to clubs when i spin. Its like an upgrade for my djm ;-) but enough about me...

I saw a really interesting video about the Zomo, its in german, but i will translate the main things he is speaking about.
He shows how its possible to control Traktor with a Pioneer CDJ and Zomo MC1000.
The CDJ are used as a controller (Jogwheels and Loops). The effects, cue points and navigation get controlled by the zomo.
The zomo works as audio interface. And Traktor works in external mode.
Really nice idea, so no other external sound card is needed!

Silva Oatis
This paired with my 2 American Audio Radius 3000's, a Traktor x1 and my Allen & Heath xone 464 mixer will be a bad ass home studio setup. Plus the x1 & zomo paired with my Hercules RMX makes for a decent portable small travel set-up. Can't wait to get the zomo
Brunilda Kora
+1 on the Zomo. I'v got one that I plan to use along with my DJM800 and my Dicers. It is awesome - even the included mapping is great.

The mapping that comes with it is really good for 4 deck mixing.

I've got BIG plans for the Zomo. I'd like to work in some Instant Double type functionality for the Deck Toggle Switches - so that when you toggle between Decks A/C or B/D, you get instant doubles, and you AUTOMATICALLY switch the deck that is being controlled by the control vinyl.

Also - the 3 cue point buttons are not an issue for me, because I'll be using my Dicers for all of my cue point needs. So I need to believe of some cunning way of utilising the 3 cue point buttons on the Zomo. Potentially Beat-Jumps. Haven't figured out how to get LED feedback to those buttons yet, though...

Knowhatimean???

That is - if I EVER get time to DJ again. My 9 week old baby girl is taking up all of my free time right now... ..and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Silva Oatis
For me this is a godsend. I am in need of a 8 out audio interface to complete my home studio set-up. My plan was either to get a Traktor audio 8 or 10 and add a 2nd x1 or the Reloop contour interface edition. Unfortunately I am on a tight budget and both those options were unaffordable. I have seen these online before and didn't believe much of them. I just happened to stumble across them again by chance. Once I realized it had the interface I am in need of I took a good look and changed my tune. I found them for sale for less than $200 which is more in my budget. Saving my $$$ now and getting this
Xenia Gorin
If you need any beta testers for your mapping holla at me. I've had mine for a few months and I love it!! This combined with my Ecler NUO4 is awesome!!! Simple yet effective........
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
[takes a look back at the pictures..... O_O]

WTF?...they really did left out the cue...strange indeed
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
Isa Erik
and it's strange they left out the Cue button?
Doreen Schurle
Just noticed it has no FX assign buttons, and it's strange they left out the Cue button?

X1 + Audio4 is my portable setup too, and gives the option of adding in timecode control if available.
FX assign, on mine, is Shift page, then hold Button 1 and twist the knobs. The lack of Cue made me REALLY worried about buying it at first tbh, but then I had an idea.

Basically:

In normal (non-Shift) mode
Play/Pause is CUP.
Loop encoder sets loop size
Push action on Loop encoder activates loop
Push + turn FX select encoder changes the Move size
FX Select encoder, while in a loop, moves the loop by the selected size
FX Select encoder, when NOT in a loop, beatjumps by selected size

In Shift mode
Play/Pause is Cue.
Push action on the Loop encoder is Play/Pause
Loop encoder is Jog Turn
Push action on FX Select encoder is Jog Touch On
FX Select encoder is Track Position

With this mapping, I've got REALLY nice one-handed control over each deck which lets me cut stuff up live and make phrasing adjustments on the fly
Alphonso Deitchman

Doreen Schurle
Looks kinda like a horizontally oriented X1. How are you planning to integrate it?
Basically yeah But with a built in audio interface and a MUCH nicer build quality.

With the mapping I've come up with, it'll basically be my new go-to portable controller... Toss it in a backpack with my laptop, headphones and cables, get to the venue, plug directly into their mixer, and away I go. ALL transport functionality has been mapped to the two pages, arranged situationally; one page for live playback and the other for track prep/cueing/grid adjustments.

I'm actually quite surprised how well it works without jogwheels... I actually understand all of these people using an NI Audio 2/4 and an X1 as their primary control surface :P
Alphonso Deitchman

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy