From S2 to modular. Should I get an X1?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: From S2 to modular. Should I get an X1?Reply
From S2 to modular. Should I get an X1?
Posted on: 27.08.2013 by Valery Ellick
Currently I have a Z2, S2, and two Midi Fighters (pro and 3D). I use the Z2 for my turntables and when I have DJs over (i.e. I don't take it to gigs). Currently, I bring my S2 (transport controls) and Midi Fighters (FX, cues) to gigs... I'm having more and more issues with DJ booth space so I'm considering selling my S2 and going with a modular setup in a Z1 and X1 for transport,flux,loops, FX and the Midi fighters for FX and cues. With this setup I'd have the option to not use the Z1 and use their mixer with HID.

If I go this route, are there any potential issues to consider? With no jog wheels for pitch bending or pitch faders, I imagine I'll be using the touch strips and touch sensitive knobs for this. Is there anything else to consider?
Valery Ellick
Currently I have a Z2, S2, and two Midi Fighters (pro and 3D). I use the Z2 for my turntables and when I have DJs over (i.e. I don't take it to gigs). Currently, I bring my S2 (transport controls) and Midi Fighters (FX, cues) to gigs... I'm having more and more issues with DJ booth space so I'm considering selling my S2 and going with a modular setup in a Z1 and X1 for transport,flux,loops, FX and the Midi fighters for FX and cues. With this setup I'd have the option to not use the Z1 and use their mixer with HID.

If I go this route, are there any potential issues to consider? With no jog wheels for pitch bending or pitch faders, I imagine I'll be using the touch strips and touch sensitive knobs for this. Is there anything else to consider?
Valery Ellick
Oops, wrong subcommunity ! Mods, please move.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy