Traktor X1 MK2 vs XONE K2 - Wich one would you prefer?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor X1 MK2 vs XONE K2 - Wich one would you prefer?Reply
Traktor X1 MK2 vs XONE K2 - Wich one would you prefer?
Posted on: 20.08.2013 by Katheleen Sniezek
Hey guys,
I currently own a Faderfox LV2 but i want to upgrade to a big size midicontroller and after some searching and looking i finally decided to choose between the XONE K2 and Traktor's X1 MK2.
I play deep/techhouse and use two turntables and a XONE 92. Needles to say but 4 tracks, sync etx is nothing for me.
Now, i would like to know your opinion about choosing these one of the two controllers. What's better and whats worse?

Thank you!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by xian
Does the X1 Mk2 come with a Soundcard?
Nope, but the Z1 does.
Katheleen Sniezek
Originally Posted by derschnitter
I asked the same question some weeks ago on here and finally bought the Xone K2. It was a good decision, since it has so many mapping possibilites with the layer system. I have set up the layers for different situations (like a traditional X1 mapping for 4 decks or a complete internal mixer and another mapping which imitates the F1), so I could actually just take my laptop to a club and use the in-house-mixer, but also only take the X1 and throw a little garden party for my friends (but then with sync and nothing fancy).
The X1 Mk2 however perfectly fits into a DVS setup and it's really easy to use.
After all, I'd say if you want a simple and solid unit, go for the X1. If you want to have a truckload of mapping possibilities and a device that can be used for anything in the controller-world, take the K2 (though it can be overwhelming for inexperienced users).
Thanks guys for great answers. After a lot of believein im gonna go with the X1 mk2. I'm not gonna be needing all the mapping and layers that K2 offers.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Stewe
^ That would probably be a touch strip with a LED feedback where phase position is displayed.
Yep! 100%

I'm also going to call it a phase meter.
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by botstein
I really like my X1 mk2. The phase meter feature is worth the price of admission. I use turntables too, and like to match of my tracks without headphones, so they're a dream.
What "phase meter" feature are you referring to?
Katheleen Sniezek
Hey guys,
I currently own a Faderfox LV2 but i want to upgrade to a big size midicontroller and after some searching and looking i finally decided to choose between the XONE K2 and Traktor's X1 MK2.
I play deep/techhouse and use two turntables and a XONE 92. Needles to say but 4 tracks, sync etx is nothing for me.
Now, i would like to know your opinion about choosing these one of the two controllers. What's better and whats worse?

Thank you!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by xian
Nope, but the Z1 does.
Jacqualine Cieplik
Katheleen Sniezek
Originally Posted by derschnitter
I asked the same question some weeks ago on here and finally bought the Xone K2. It was a good decision, since it has so many mapping possibilites with the layer system. I have set up the layers for different situations (like a traditional X1 mapping for 4 decks or a complete internal mixer and another mapping which imitates the F1), so I could actually just take my laptop to a club and use the in-house-mixer, but also only take the X1 and throw a little garden party for my friends (but then with sync and nothing fancy).
After all, I'd say if you want a simple and solid unit, go for the X1. If you want to have a truckload of mapping possibilities and a device that can be used for anything in the controller-world, take the K2 (though it can be overwhelming for inexperienced users).
Thanks guys for great answers. After a lot of believein im gonna go with the X1 mk2. I'm not gonna be needing all the mapping and layers that K2 offers.
Valentine Hesch
This is a bit off-topic but I am hoping that someone could take a look at this other post. I am having issues with the X1 Mk2 and remapping some functionality.

Here is the thread
Delena Katherman
I have the new X1, and I never noticed that it did this. I use DVS with it, but I'll have to check that feature out. Very cool.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Stewe
^ That would probably be a touch strip with a LED feedback where phase position is displayed.
Yep! 100%

I'm also going to call it a phase meter.
Kellie Myrum
^ That would probably be a touch strip with a LED feedback where phase position is displayed. Or maybe I'm knocking wrong window?
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by botstein
I really like my X1 mk2. The phase meter feature is worth the price of admission. I use turntables too, and like to match of my tracks without headphones, so they're a dream.
What "phase meter" feature are you referring to?
Rhonda Auriemma
Mira Sabia
If you don't want to map anything and want out of the box glory - X1

If you have any knowledge or interest in mapping and plan to spend time tweaking it to your needs, I'd say the K2 has much more potential.
Ervin Calvery

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy