Modular setup soundcard queries!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Modular setup soundcard queries!Reply
Modular setup soundcard queries!
Posted on: 04.09.2013 by Syreeta Zednik
Hey guys,
I'm planning to buy a mixer, F1 and XI to replace my S2. I realize i need a soundcard to connect the mixer to my computer. The question is, if i'm using 2 main decks and the remix deck thru the F1, do i need anything more than an Audio 2? Also, would it be possible to connect the mixer to my computer using my studio card, which is a Focusrite 2i2?

Thanks in advance!
Syreeta Zednik
Hey guys,
I'm planning to buy a mixer, F1 and XI to replace my S2. I realize i need a soundcard to connect the mixer to my computer. The question is, if i'm using 2 main decks and the remix deck thru the F1, do i need anything more than an Audio 2? Also, would it be possible to connect the mixer to my computer using my studio card, which is a Focusrite 2i2?

Thanks in advance!
Syreeta Zednik
Hmm but that way i have to lug the mixer around if the club doesn't have one of the certified mixers. So i gather the Gigaport is equivalent to an audio 8/10? In that case, would the gigaport be as good as the audio 8/10? Since it is much cheaper. Thanks for the help gents.
Rupert Maggiano
You can also get a Traktor Certified Mixer like the DJM 850/900 or Denon Dn-X 1600/1700 with integrated 4 Channel Soundcard.
Syreeta Zednik
Thanks a bunch guys, seems like i'll have to be getting an Audio 6 or equivalent. On this, are the NI cards best for this purpose, in terms of cost/quality or are there other cards i should consider?
Alphonso Deitchman
You can use the Audio 2 with an external mixer in the same way, but you'll only have 2 decks in External mode and you won't be able to record.
Petra Arra
I am basing this answer through the NI's website and if you look on set up examples on the f1/x1 page, you will see that they use an audio 2 if you will not use a mixer. if there is a mixer involved, they used an audio 6/10.

Will also be my setup as I will be looking to buy an x1 and a mixer. already have an a6 and f1 at hand.
Alphonso Deitchman
The Traktor Audio 6 has 3 stereo outputs, hence the name.
Doreen Schurle
Sounds like you need an Audio 8/10 or an ESI Gigaport, as you're going to need 3 stereo pairs (6 channels), which rules the Audio 2 out.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
for two decks you can do that no worries, it's just if you want to run the remix deck to it's own channel on the mixer. And your question doesn't really make any sense. the Audio 2/4 has 4 mono outputs, that's 2 stereo pairs, sufficient for running 2 decks into a mixer.
Syreeta Zednik
Thanks for the reply - i'm confused as to the difference between sending out two stereo pairs versus sending out a stereo pair for each channel. I was told running an audio 2 would be sufficient for 2 deck use? Or am i mistaken?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
maybe, you will only be sending out two stereo pairs with an audio 2 or audio 4 for that matter. If you want to send out each deck and remix deck to their own channel on the mixer you would need 3 stereo pairs or an Audio 6/8/10 in native's soundcards.

Just saw the end of your post, As long as they are both ASIO "which they are" you can sync the audio clocks together to use in tandem, But I'm not sure whether traktor allows you to use multiple soundcards. Hopefully someone else who knows can chime in.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy