Pioneer T1 or S1... cannot decide...

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Pioneer T1 or S1... cannot decide...Reply
Pioneer T1 or S1... cannot decide...
Posted on: 12.08.2013 by Misty Student
Hi all,

I've registered to this community in order to get some info regarding these 2 controllers...
I'm from Holland and love music, especially house/club. Allready a few years I'm believeing
about getting some dj-gear so I can set up my own mixes.

As till now, I have no experience with dj-ing or what so ever, also not at making music on my computer.

I've been checking internet and youtube for information but I cannot make up my mind and would like
to have your opinion on which controller I should buy, the pioneer T1 or S1...

What do you believe, and why?
Jaye Opela
Originally Posted by hassebas
The SX it will be...

Can anyone recommend me a certain type of laptop, suitable and stable for pioneer SX?
(not the most expensive one...)
I've been using my mid-2010 13'' MBP with no problems.

Here's some quick specs: 2.4 GHz Core Duo Processor, 4 GB ram
Misty Student
Hi all,

I've registered to this community in order to get some info regarding these 2 controllers...
I'm from Holland and love music, especially house/club. Allready a few years I'm believeing
about getting some dj-gear so I can set up my own mixes.

As till now, I have no experience with dj-ing or what so ever, also not at making music on my computer.

I've been checking internet and youtube for information but I cannot make up my mind and would like
to have your opinion on which controller I should buy, the pioneer T1 or S1...

What do you believe, and why?
Misty Student
Small update... didn't go for a SX afterall but bought the Pioneer CDJ-350-set... friend of mine had it allready, and
it meets up with my requirements... very happy with it and no need to work with a laptop.

Thanks for your input.
Misty Student
Hi,

I could buy an Apple Macbook Pro 2,2 Ghz Core2Duo / 4Gb RAM (from 2008)...
Do you believe this would work for pioneer DDJ-SX with Serato DJ?
Jadwiga Pecenka
use straight mac book pro im sure you can get one for a good price on ebay or amazon used the investment will be worht because youll avoid all them audio drops, lags, and time wasting messing around with the latency. i suggest a mac book pro 13,15,or 17 no matter with an intel dual, i5, i7, and at least 4gb ram. the memory capacity doesnt really matter because you could always buy an external HDD to save your music files especially if all you download is aiff mp3(320) wav those records will suck up your drive but worth it!!! oh and make sure its 09 and above macbook pro. you wont regret. Or i can be wrong! Dj Endo has a great video on how to optimize you pc to perform for audio production and doing look it if you go with pc. well good luck hope this helps and sx is sweet good choice.
Jaye Opela
Originally Posted by hassebas
The SX it will be...

Can anyone recommend me a certain type of laptop, suitable and stable for pioneer SX?
I've been using my mid-2010 13'' MBP with no problems.

Here's some quick specs: 2.4 GHz Core Duo Processor, 4 GB ram
Misty Student
The SX it will be...

Jadwiga Pecenka
Honestly go with the sx if you can if not do an ns6 or 4trak cheaper and better, i know pioneer is known for quality but the s1 and t1 are crap for the price
Misty Student
... since I just registered here, my replies didn't came through right away...
Misty Student
Hi,

Thanks for your info.

Today I went to the shop to feel and see the T1/S1 in real live, however it wasn't in stock. They did have the NI Traktor S4, I didn't like it, looks and feels to cheap.

Past days I spent a lot of time on the internet, gathering info regarding T1, S1, but also the SX... and I believe my decision has been made, I'll go for the SX, allthough few hundred euro's more expensive.

Also I have 1 other question... PC requirements... I mostly read Macbook is the best for these devices, however I don't have and don't want to buy a rather expensive laptop. What do you work with/prefer to use as laptop, windows-7 based?

Thanks!
Jaye Opela
I would personally recommend the DDJ-SX like others. I was in your shoes and really considering the S1. I ended up getting the SX and haven't looked back. I love this controller.
Valene Guasp
BPM show is coming up maybe wait a bit longer and see what gets announced rather than buying an old controller, or the controllers you're currently looking at may drop in price
Rolanda Clodfelder
If a choice was given between the T1 and S1 I'd go for the T1, while it has its quirks traktor is a damn fine piece of software with huge ranges of possibilities also as its just midi control its unlikely there will be any support issues for a few years to come.

The S1 is a fine piece of kit as well, but Serato dropping support for the XoneX soon after A&H discontinued it does not bide well for a unit that has already been superseded by the SX. I cant imagine it being kept in production too much longer.

IMHO save up for a lil longer and get the DDJ-SX, it really does have features/build quality that are well worth the extra $ over both the T1 and S1
Misty Student
Thanks for your advise.

Also I thought about buying a cheaper one, but thought it over very well, and believe I would regret buying a simpler/cheaper model since it doesn't have the same quality as the pioneers, and eventually I want to be one of these pioneers... don't you believe?

What I also learned on the internet is that the S1 overall is simpler and easier to use, this is a big plus I guess...
I also thought of the SX, but this one is a few hundred euro's more expensive.

What do you believe about CDJ's i/o DDJ's? Is there a real difference between these?
Misty Student
Thanks for your replies.

I also thought the S1 is easier/simpler to use, and thought maybe this would be an advantage since I don't have any experience. Unfortunately the S1 is more expensive (S1: 675euro, T1: 570euro), but if it's a good controller I believe it's worth it. I also thought about starting my "career" with a cheaper controller, but I prefer to start with good gear so I know from the start that it's good quality, and it won't get much better...

What do you believe?
Jamie Fajen
S1, but as everyone else said, it'll depend on what software you are using
Albina Androski
I'd say the S1 simply because it's simple.

But as someone else above stated, believe about which software you want to use first.

If you want 4 channels, Pioneer 'quality' and Serato software:

http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.aspx?product=DDJ-SX

Trula Willadsen
Ik heb een T1, dus vragen daarover kan ik beantwoorden.

Tbh, I believe the T1 is a better solution as Serato lends itself more for hip-hop/club music. You can scratch way better with an S1 compared to a T1. However, Traktor offers a lot more possibilities (and so does the 4 channel T1) if you want to be able to run more than two tracks at the same time. It all comes down on personal choices, the 4 band eq was my main decision factor. Good Luck.
Josef Modine
hey to be honest both controllers sound a bit excessive. if you have no prior knowledge or experience i'd advice you to start out with something a little cheaper and simpler. I know that pioneer is a name that even people without any dj knowledge know to be good but you really don't need that to get you started. Try something Like a hercules RMX or Reloop digital jockey 2 (which you can pick up real easy & cheap through marktplaats.nl) these are quality wise fine to start out with and support all functions you need and won't cost you an arm and a leg like the pioneer controllers. (i myself used a hercules RMX for over 3 years and am now finally looking to upgrade to a 4 deck mixer) Also I'd advice you to start out with virtual DJ software. it is a real easy program to get to know all the standard dj stuff like beatmatching, cueing tracks, using fx etc... the program also ships standard with most entry level controllers and is a good easy out of the box solution for learning. Once you get to grips with everything and decide dj-ing is definitly something for you I'd advice to upgrade to traktor pro 2 and you could then also look to upgrade to a mid segment or pro segment controller. Buying pro gear to start out with is not recommendable i believe (you'd look like a right tool doing simple beginner stuff on a 1000+ euro/dollar mixer and if you'd decide you don't like digital deejaying after all you'd stand to lose a substancial amount of money to resell. newer/better/more intuitive versions of midi controllers pop up all the time)

I believe serato is more catered to the vynil/time code solutions so unless you want to use vynil or are really into scratching and such i would not really recommend it (dont kill me if i'm mistaken here as i do not have a lot of experience with serato, i just know a lot of turntablists prefer to use this)

Ik kom zelf ook uit nederland dus als iets niet duidelijk is of als je nog vragen heb kan je me een PM sturen

succes met je keuze!
Isa Erik
It depends what software you want to use and how much money you have.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy