Which Controller is better and why?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Which Controller is better and why?Reply
Which Controller is better and why?
Posted on: 05.09.2013 by Jaye Deiley
I've been looking at a few controllers and i've narrowed it down to 2. Which is a better all around dj controller the Novation Twitch or the S2?
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by Stewe
And yet much more powerful
With great power comes great responsibility ...

- And the need for more power

- And a demigod to harness it
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by deevey
...Traktor is far from perfect.
Jaye Deiley
I've been looking at a few controllers and i've narrowed it down to 2. Which is a better all around dj controller the Novation Twitch or the S2?
Rolanda Clodfelder
flange !!!!!!!!!!
Yong Aptekar
And a hero to defeat said demigod when said power is inevitably abused.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by Stewe
With great power comes great responsibility ...

- And the need for more power

- And a demigod to harness it
Delena Katherman
I like when someone starts a vague thread and then disappears forever, while we all continue to argue amongst ourselves.

OP, you still there?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by deevey
...Traktor is far from perfect.
Rolanda Clodfelder
I don't really like either of these, but it's worth mentioning that Traktor is still supported by Native Instruments while Serato's ITCH is not.
Sorry dude, mute point - Twitch is Shipped with the latest version Serato DJ these days which is fully supported.

You could use either with any software, but really, Traktor is where it's at.
They both have their good and bad points - Traktor is far from perfect.
Brynn Matroni
No prob all good,+ 1 on more info.
Delena Katherman
Purebokety, my post wasn't directed at you! You were just trying to help out. I was addressing the OP, who would get more helpful answers from all of us if he gave us some more info.
Brynn Matroni
"hey, everyone, please post your favorite controller"! not really! just speaking about what ive read and threw in a few alternative choices,i do agree with what your saying though.
Suppose i included cost as factor(Reloop is more expensive i know). The Novation twitch and s2 are not flagship choices ,so went in around that general price bracket .After that its googling time
Delena Katherman
Man, you have to tell us more about your goals, experience, style, etc. before anyone can give you some proper advice. Otherwise, this thread is just going to be "hey, everyone, please post your favorite controller"!
Brynn Matroni
Friend has this and reckons its stable and has proper build quality http://www.reloop.com/reloop-jockey-3-remix ,also have a look at the Behringer CMD line.
Ervin Calvery
I don't really like either of these, but it's worth mentioning that Traktor is still supported by Native Instruments while Serato's ITCH is not. You could use either with any software, but really, Traktor is where it's at.
Yong Aptekar
What's better, a Jetski or a snowmobile?

Jog wheels or no jog wheels. Depends on what YOU want, they are both good controllers.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy