MIDI controller flabby/loose knobs?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: MIDI controller flabby/loose knobs?Reply
MIDI controller flabby/loose knobs?
Posted on: 15.09.2013 by Raphael Beyea
Hello! I use my Mixtrack Pro for about just 3 months, but i just noticed that some knobs and fader are very loose or flabby. I'm afraid, but is it a serious problem with controller? Can those knobs break out, or can it be fixed?

Thanks for reply!
Raphael Beyea
Originally Posted by synthet1c
that is really how the mixtrack is designed. I should last about a year before it breaks if your not gentle. this is why things like build quality matter to people who have been djing a while. Best advice I can give is upgrade to a VCI-400 if you like to get rough with your gear, everything is bolted to the chassis not just soldered to the circuit board.

In answer to your question, the knobs and sliders shouldn't break off the circuit board, but you can have issues with the electrical contacts in your sliders becoming worn. Generally this will send ghost midi messages to your software at the top and bottom position of the slider depending on which end you give the most abuse. I have never had any issues with knobs sending ghost messages.

You should still have a warranty left if you have only used it for three months though, I would send it back and get another one.
Thanks! Mixtrack Pro isn't sending ghost messages yet, but looks like in future there will be. Yes, thats good idea to send it to a warranty, but i have lost 2 original Pitch Bend faders, and i'm using now Chroma Caps to replace those 2. Don't know what to do.
Raphael Beyea
Hello! I use my Mixtrack Pro for about just 3 months, but i just noticed that some knobs and fader are very loose or flabby. I'm afraid, but is it a serious problem with controller? Can those knobs break out, or can it be fixed?

Thanks for reply!
Raphael Beyea
Originally Posted by synthet1c
that is really how the mixtrack is designed. I should last about a year before it breaks if your not gentle. this is why things like build quality matter to people who have been djing a while. Best advice I can give is upgrade to a VCI-400 if you like to get rough with your gear, everything is bolted to the chassis not just soldered to the circuit board.

In answer to your question, the knobs and sliders shouldn't break off the circuit board, but you can have issues with the electrical contacts in your sliders becoming worn. Generally this will send ghost midi messages to your software at the top and bottom position of the slider depending on which end you give the most abuse. I have never had any issues with knobs sending ghost messages.

You should still have a warranty left if you have only used it for three months though, I would send it back and get another one.
Thanks! Mixtrack Pro isn't sending ghost messages yet, but looks like in future there will be. Yes, thats good idea to send it to a warranty, but i have lost 2 original Pitch Bend faders, and i'm using now Chroma Caps to replace those 2. Don't know what to do.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy