X1 + Z1 combo

X1 + Z1 combo
Posted on: 29.09.2013 by Janae Fillerup
Hi All

I am in the market for a new gear set up as my Novation Twitch was recently stolen.

I am currently considering getting a kontrol X1 to run alongside a Kontrol Z2 (will hopefully be adding an F1 at a later stage).

I'm just wondering if anyone using this combination could comment on the functionality, reliability of these controllers as well as the overall performance of this combination.

I currently have a couple residencies at a some evening clubs and play the odd show and festival every now and then.

The Twitch was the perfect controller for my needs however I found serato itch and serato DJ to be extremely overrated and limited in terms of effects.

I tried out all the Traktor mappings available for the Twitch and also found these to be extremely average and specifically designed to suit the creators.

As I am still relatively new to this world I do not have the technical abilities to create my own mapping yet and feel that the best decision would be to go with a Native Instruments controller/set-up designed to work with the Traktor software.

any advice, comments and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
Janae Fillerup
Hi All

I am in the market for a new gear set up as my Novation Twitch was recently stolen.

I am currently considering getting a kontrol X1 to run alongside a Kontrol Z2 (will hopefully be adding an F1 at a later stage).

I'm just wondering if anyone using this combination could comment on the functionality, reliability of these controllers as well as the overall performance of this combination.

I currently have a couple residencies at a some evening clubs and play the odd show and festival every now and then.

The Twitch was the perfect controller for my needs however I found serato itch and serato DJ to be extremely overrated and limited in terms of effects.

I tried out all the Traktor mappings available for the Twitch and also found these to be extremely average and specifically designed to suit the creators.

As I am still relatively new to this world I do not have the technical abilities to create my own mapping yet and feel that the best decision would be to go with a Native Instruments controller/set-up designed to work with the Traktor software.

any advice, comments and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch
Kellie Myrum
Go for NI, practice and learn mappings to be able do your own tweaking once you master this units and want some new functions

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy