Is there a way to make a circuit board that requires soldering into Solderless?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Is there a way to make a circuit board that requires soldering into Solderless?Reply
Is there a way to make a circuit board that requires soldering into Solderless?
Posted on: 27.08.2013 by Cammy Clegg
Hi guys I wanted to know is there a way i can convert the Brain junior to breakout board solderless? I ask because I have slight parkinsons so my hands end up shaking alot when trying to solder. And no one I know actually can solder with the efficiency or reliability that I would preffer to help me with building a controller.

I was reading an article that "cold welds" or crimpings are used on alot of consumer products. More than Solder. Is there anything that would allow me to make the breakout board solderless?

Sorry for spelling. I had to work Orientation today and am just to tired to go back and correct. F#$king Freshman (no offense to anyone who is one.)
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by chrisw
Alright thanks for looking. Maybe Ill look into designing something and do a kick started.
You could use conductive Glue or a Breadboard and epoxy everything when you are done - the tradeoff though is potential reliability issues and size.

http://www.wireglue.us

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=11976257

Hope that helps you out somewhat.
Cammy Clegg
Hi guys I wanted to know is there a way i can convert the Brain junior to breakout board solderless? I ask because I have slight parkinsons so my hands end up shaking alot when trying to solder. And no one I know actually can solder with the efficiency or reliability that I would preffer to help me with building a controller.

I was reading an article that "cold welds" or crimpings are used on alot of consumer products. More than Solder. Is there anything that would allow me to make the breakout board solderless?

Sorry for spelling. I had to work Orientation today and am just to tired to go back and correct. F#$king Freshman (no offense to anyone who is one.)
Olimpia Briden
The cold welding that is being asked about can be done with crimping but crimping is only wires to connectors, the other method is called 'wire wrapping' and essentially you buy a protoboard and some wire wrap pins that match the holes in the protoboard, you then use something called a 'wire wrap tool' (snappy name, isn't it?) and some 30awg wire. The wire wrap tool is a small tube with a hole in the centre and another hole offset to the side that opens up to allow you to thread the thin wire outside and into a guide, you then push the tip of the wire wrap tool onto the pin, brace the wire and turn the tool.

If you're using square pins then what happens is that with 7 turns you end up with 7x4 points that are cold welded together due to the massive forces put on them. I'm not convinced that this will necessarily help you though, the pins are very small, as are the holes in protoboard.

Have you got a local hackerspace? They're generally very helpful and chock full of people that can solder.
Doria Punch
@chrisw: If you are not comfortable with soldering the replacement of the soldering is the z-poxy material that provides the same electrical resistance as solder and more over the life of this material is around 40 years and the other properties of this material is same as solder . So it is better way to assemble the SMD components with z-poxy material.
Kellie Myrum
I'm sure that good folks at Livid Instruments can help ya out on this one! Fill the ticket to their support team and ask for help.

Best of luck man!
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by chrisw
Alright thanks for looking. Maybe Ill look into designing something and do a kick started.
You could use conductive Glue or a Breadboard and epoxy everything when you are done - the tradeoff though is potential reliability issues and size.

http://www.wireglue.us

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=11976257

Hope that helps you out somewhat.
Cammy Clegg
Yong Aptekar
I did some searching, and it looks like you might have to find someone that can help you solder. No easy way out on this one unfortunately.
Cammy Clegg
Nothing?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy